North American AJ-2 Savage

Thread: North American AJ-2 Savage

North American AJ-2 Savage

This is one plane that has been left out of the Flight Sim community. We need one please

I can honestly say I have never seen or heard of that aircraft until you posted!

Thanks!

NC

There has been a model done , freeware course , only recent to , well least within 18 months i recall.

Got a POH for one, but FS don't do mixed powerplants.:isadizzy:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

The AJ's were the Navy's first shipboard nuke-capable aircraft. They weren't used in Korea (AFAIK) and were gone by Vietnam so they aren't very well known. I never knew about them until I read up on John Glenn's "Project Bullet" flight, he was refueled by AJ tankers.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Aj-2`s were indeed ready for use during the Korean war, but since their nature was of a NUCLEAR bomber, they were never used, but kept in case of an open war with China.

Prowler

There was an FS9/CFS2 one done by A. F. Scrubb in 2006. I have it but have not flown it much. It's primitive by today's standards with no VC gauges though that shouldn't be a problem. It can be carrier landed though I've not tried it myself.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Yeah awesome looken aircraft. we need one for FSX

Slug Flyer
    As long as we're talking about obscure, unorthodox Navy attack aircraft...how about this one?

Dark Shark! Complete with self-removing gearbox! But wait! Also comes with self-jettisoning engines!
    As you can surmise, it had problems...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Dark Shark! Complete with self-removing gearbox! But wait! Also comes with self-jettisoning engines!
    As you can surmise, it had problems...
    No kidding. But it looked supremely cool (at least in my opinion) and apparently could get up to about 500mph, or so I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Flyer View Post
    As long as we're talking about obscure, unorthodox Navy attack aircraft...how about this one?

TOO..................****ING......................BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Cool

The Dark Shark would be incredible to have in FSX. I'm sure one of the payware geniuses out there could figure out a way to do it...

Whether it would sell or not... :mixedsmi:

WOW I'm at 999 posts. Tomorrow I will be posting a very special 1000th post! I'm sure you guys won't want to miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Flyer View Post

Jesus Christ, that's one really fugly mofo!

Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

<CENTER>Combat Flight Simulator - CFS2 Aircraft </CENTER><CENTER>CFS2/FS2000/FS2002/FS2004 AJ-1 Savage
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: savage1.zip Size: 9,057,308 Date: 01-24-2006 Downloads: 1,849
    CFS2/FS2000/FS2002/FS2004 North American AJ-1 Savage. The AJ1 Savage was a stop gap bomber used as a naval nuclear deterrent between WWII and the arrival of full jet bombers. It had twin radials on the wings and an Allison turbojet in the tail. It never saw combat but was on ready alert and carried the MK15-Mk39 series of gravity nuclear bombs from the decks of US carriers. It ended its military carreer as a flying tanker. The AJ Savages were decomissioned in the early sixties and saw their last action as civilian fire bombers. Original by Jim Jacobson. Update with new .air, dp, effects and modified textures by A.F. Scrub.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Thats well cool!! Never seen that before, I want one!! It looks like a Skyraider on mega roids!!