A2A Piper Cub Released! - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: A2A Piper Cub Released!

This one is over Chiang Mai:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

help

I have installed the Cub and Accusim.

Accusim is running but whenever I try and access the Accusim screens using shift 3 etc. I see a flicker of the screen but it does not remain.As a consequence I am unable to load Heidi or access any of the Accusim "bells and whistles",not even the map or radio.

I have Acceleration installed. I have run dxdiag and made sure that all is working well.

I have ensured that advanced animations is ticked,

It is a lovely plane to fly but I am missing out on the full functionality.

Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome if anyone has had a similar problem.

best

nio

Check the A2A forum would be my advice: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/index.php
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

SOH-CM-2024
    Well, if you want Heidi, you have to hit Shift + 4. And I like my babes light weight, so I lower her weight to 110. Don't want any Wal-Mart shelf butts in the front seat.

Caz

Here's a little quiz:
    It looks like a Cub, it sounds like a Cub, it flies like a Cub, but it isn't a Cub...
    What is it?

gajit
    Very nice

These paints all just look amazing. There is such nice variety, colors and contrast. Thank you for painting our little bird, this makes everyone's day over here.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Here's a little quiz:
    It looks like a Cub, it sounds like a Cub, it flies like a Cub, but it isn't a Cub...
    What is it?
    It could be a Wag Aero Sport Trainer: http://www.wagaero.com/sportrain.html and it used to be called the CUBy.

Thanks for the great paints. :ernae:

cheers,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post
    I have installed the Cub and Accusim.

Accusim is running but whenever I try and access the Accusim screens using shift 3 etc. I see a flicker of the screen but it does not remain.As a consequence I am unable to load Heidi or access any of the Accusim "bells and whistles",not even the map or radio.

I have Acceleration installed. I have run dxdiag and made sure that all is working well.

I have ensured that advanced animations is ticked,

It is a lovely plane to fly but I am missing out on the full functionality.

Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome if anyone has had a similar problem.

best

nio
    Thanks Jankees.

I searched and found the answer which was

MISC
    I cannot see my 2D Panels
    Open your SETTINGS / CUSTOMIZE / AIRCRAFT and make sure your 2-D Panel Transparency is moved all the way to the left (0%).

Happy flying all

best

nio

Man, I'm having fun with this aircraft.

Been real busy with my biz lately...thank God...but took the day off to fly the Cub a bit today, and had one of 'those FS moments' when everythigng felt so immersive.

Found a neat little and simple EB-6 software program to calculate my heading for wind, speed, etc. Fired up my Voyager flight plan program with my digitized VFR/Low charts and headed out for some x-country excursions; Finding the roadways, airports, towers, etc along the way after adjusting for wind, and every once in a while 'opened' the 'Cub map' just to check how I was following the flight plan route, corrected for wind, sticking to the EB-6 calculations, and not falling in the habit of turning so the directional arrow aligned with the next way-point via the 'Cub map'. Found the various landmarks on my Low charts to hunt out the airports, and feeling pretty darn good about myself for not feeling the need for a GPS to get from way-point to way-point, airport to airport.

Dang, I felt like I was actually flying

Pretty neat stuff.

I even found a nice ol'Cub hat, and ordered it off the web today to wear as my dedicated TrackIR Cub Hat

I'm obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    These paints all just look amazing. There is such nice variety, colors and contrast.
    Agreed!

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Gajit, I drooled all over the screenshot of your US Navy paint until I couldn't stands no more, as my hero Popeye would say... so I bought the Cub. Thanks, guys, for all these paints, and thanks to A2A for another outstanding plane.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Gajit, I drooled all over the screenshot of your US Navy paint until I couldn't stands no more, as my hero Popeye would say... so I bought the Cub. Thanks, guys, for all these paints, and thanks to A2A for another outstanding plane.
    Hey QC, if you have A2A's Wop III T-bolt too, you may as well invest in AccuSim, it will work for both the Cub and the Thud.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Hey QC, if you have A2A's Wop III T-bolt too, you may as well invest in AccuSim, it will work for both the Cub and the Thud.

Caz
    Hi Caz,

Silly question maybe- isn't the Accusim a different and separate module for the Cub? Or do I not have to buy it again because I have it with the P47?

Thanks
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Blog Entries
    Caz, I just went back and got Accusim for the Cub, and I'm gonna wear it out until my wife, who doubles as the minister of finance, sees the bank statement. I may need you guys to paint me a really good camo pattern for my Cub after that..... This is my first experience with Accusim, and I've yet to get off the ground today. I've been installing the wonderful paints you guys have been sharing, and they're all outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post

Caz
    No, it won't. Accusim expansion is a separate product for each aircraft.
    Mike

Finally gave in to the hype and bought this - and it isn't hype! This is a fantastic little plane, I have not had this much fun for ages! The Accu-Sim add-on really makes it fun, especially with your passenger (can you really get her to throw-up? I gotta try this some more!) - just perfect for a Kimberly top-end fly or Tongass scenic trip!
    The interface is great, and all the nuances (water slapping against the floats, windows shaking, wind noises, cabin temperature, etc) just make it awesome!
    Well done A2A - Low and slow is the go!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    No, it won't. Accusim expansion is a separate product for each aircraft.
    Funny thing on my end, I got the P-47 many months back and didn't get AccuSim and when I hit the key to show the AccuSim On or Off button, it would stay gray and I could not turn AccuSim On.

I ordered the Cub and AccuSim with it and now when I fly the P-47, I click the key and I can turn AccuSim On and it appears to be working. Perhaps it is using the parameters and sound of the Cub, but I sure couldn't tell it.

What's the scoop A2A?

Caz

Caz,

One experiment you can try is to load the Jug, "start" Accusim, then turn on the battery, then try the intercooler and oil cooler flap motors on the left panel. If you can hear the motors, the you have found something. My guess is it won't work. Then if you haven't already, post it on A2A's forums.

Glenn

here's a weird thing that happends to me with the cub.

ive run my machine one last time to try it before the hardware overhaul , and ive noticed that the throttle is stuck at middle power instead of idle (saitek at idle). only when i put the saitek into reverser mode the throttle in the cub comes to idle . so basically i can only use half power .

the thing is that my throttle quadrant is properly calibrated trough fsuipc and works normally on any other aircraft .

could it be fsuipc ? help ?

I've been struggling with the same atf, just figured it was my old Thrustmaster stick, so, glad I'm not alone.

I went in and calibrated it via the Thrustmaster calibration tool, about 3 times. Gonna try to go back into FSX and see if FSUIPC fine tunes the adjustment, as earlier, I was getting really 'screwy' readouts at 50% and below throttle.

In another note: This (this morning) was the first time I could not hand start the engine. I went through all the correct procedures, even the 'de-flooding' procedure, but nothing helped. I finally deleted the j3log.dat file, and it fired right up. I was good on oil, the engine was 'excellent' with no damage, and everything was done procedurally correct. I wonder if these two issues are somehow related?

it has something to do with simconnect. seems a2a mapped the throttle to the throttle function not throttle 1.

check this

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77523

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by atf300 View Post
    here's a weird thing that happends to me with the cub.

ive run my machine one last time to try it before the hardware overhaul , and ive noticed that the throttle is stuck at middle power instead of idle (saitek at idle). only when i put the saitek into reverser mode the throttle in the cub comes to idle . so basically i can only use half power .

the thing is that my throttle quadrant is properly calibrated trough fsuipc and works normally on any other aircraft .

could it be fsuipc ? help ?
    I have the problem using AccuSim on the Cub of the throttle being full open when the flight loads, even though the throttle is at idle on my stick. All I have to do is run the throttle control on my stick to eliminate it and bring it back to idle, then all performs as usual.

Will try what you say Glenn and report back. Gotta watch my Cards right now, Adam Wainwright pitched here in Danville, VA when he was with the Braves organization

Caz

Caz,

I had something like that, with the engine on and throttle advanced on load earlier tonight but I had to get stupid to do it. I picked the standard wheels Cub, then, (senior moment) loaded a water runway. When the load finishes, big Splash. I hit Alt real quick and loaded a float version. The aircraft was some distance in the air (a couple hundred feet at least). Engine on. Then the flight proceeded normally and no maintanence hit. Fun!!

Glenn

Blog Entries
    Well, it's happened, fellas.. While I was distracted with the Bears win over the Steelers, my wife, sneaky thing that she is.. ( much more than myself....), decided to check our bank account status.. She caught me before I had a chance to rehearse a believeable excuse for the charges from the A2A Cub and Accusim.. End result is......

1.) She will have a "headache" for at least a week...
    2.) I think I'm really gonna need that camo Cub in the VERY near future...

In conclusion, I'd just like to say "HELP ME!".... I can't fit my laptop into the shoebox she calls the dog house......

Members who have read this thread: 3