Curing non-collimated HUDs

Thread: Curing non-collimated HUDs

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Curing non-collimated HUDs

I am probably the last lifeform in the known universe to have discovered it, but if it bothers you that a Head-Up Display is not collimated (stabilized), a partial solution is to make a separate profile for your TrackIR with the X, Y and Z axis disabled. In most planes the forward view is enough for not badly needing the lateral movements of these axes, and the HUD symbology will remain much more stable (although not completely so; if you pull up the nose for example, the horizon line will often move slightly).

Thanks for the tip, Stickshaker. Now I am the most recent lifeform in the universe to have discovered this.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

JamesChams
    LOL - Gents,
    For the Aerosoft F-16, Fred has fixed the "Bouncy" HUD elements and stabilized a few other faulty looking elements. I am also looking into developments for something that "I HOPE" will allow for some really awesome features for the HUD, JHMS, and FLIR vision. Can't tell you more because its on the QT.

Keep you fingures crossed and pray that I get some extra time off to do these things properly.

Members who have read this thread: 0