Weekly Give Away
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Give Away

Blog Entries

Weekly Give Away

I am proud to anounce this weeks "Charter member 09" Give away, ......... Lionheart's ..... Operation Valkyrie ........... is now available for download to all Charter Members 09, It is not too late to become a SOH Charter Member 09, and get in on the weekly donationware give-aways. Just click the Donate Button at the top of the page to become a Charter member 09.
    A Special Thanks goes out to Bill From Lionheart Creations LTD for this weeks Give Away.
    If you are a designer and want to get in on our weekly give away's contact me.
    Look What I Have Become!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Another Gift From Ickie!!!!

Left at your doorsteps .... For Charter Members 09....

Just Donate and you will become a Charter Member, it's easy.... and you will receive a weekly gift. WEEKLY!!!!.. How many more weeks we have till 2010? Seventeen ... 17 gifts!

Let's Thank Ickie One more time!

Thank you Ickie, you're the man..

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, I'll bite - is the download process different than last week? Because I don't see a way to download it - there is a link to the info page in the announcement, but no announcement or link across the top of the page here (I am signed in, and am a CM09).

Lost and Confused (trying my Dear Abby name)

Brian

Man, I love this place! Whatever meds they got ya on Ickie, don't stop taking them! If you have never used a donationware plane, you do not know what your missing! Thanks again SOH staff.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks to Lionheart, Ickie, and the entire SOH staff!

Blog Entries
    it says "Click Here To Get The File" in the notice
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    it says "Click Here To Get The File" in the notice
    That's what has me confused. I don't see a notice.

Actually, let me clarify. I logged back in a minute ago, and I see it on the first forum I go to after logging in. If I go anywhere else, or back to that forum, the notice is no longer there. It still shows me signed in, but no notice displays unless I sign out, then sign back in, then only shows once.

Regardless - thanks, it is a wonderful gesture! I have the notice displaying once, and that is enough!

Brian

Blog Entries
    To cut down on server loads the notice is only there when you open a new window, or when you first come to the website, the file is 244 MB and I cannot have everyone getting it at the same time, thats why I will have it posted for 6 days.
    this will teach you to look first, than jump off that cliff, lol
    Look What I Have Become!

Ack, log out and then log back in, being sure you dump yer stale cookies in the process. "It" (the notice) should be near the top of your screen.

G :ernae:

Yup - my 2nd post says (kind of) that I got it - thanks, though!

Sneaky, making us read the whole page before navigating away though, no? I'm so used to jumping off cliffs without looking that I'm just not used to looking before jumping off cliffs.

Brian

Thank You Ickie, Lionheart, and all the SOH staff! Not sure what Operation Valkerie is, but I'm sure it's something spectacular since it came from Lionheart.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Not sure what Operation Valkerie is,

OBIO
    Well funny you should ask...

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Op...kyrie_FAQ.html

Look at the first FAQ
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Thank You Ickie, Lionheart, and all the SOH staff! Not sure what Operation Valkerie is, but I'm sure it's something spectacular since it came from Lionheart.

OBIO
    one of my favorites
    some great aircraft
    H

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

see
    H

A very generous gift. Thanks Ickie. Ive had this installed since it came out. Fits in well with Golden Wings.

poet,traveler
    Ok,pretend I'm stupid....it ain't hard to do at times,so is this only for FS9?
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by safn1949 View Post
    Yes Op Valkyrie was never updated to FSX

It has inherent problems with its web based narrative that came about with changes to browsers and different browsers.

It is still a good package for FS9 but users may have issues with said web based narratives.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

tigisfat
    This is a very cool and fun way to raise funds even if I don't have FS9. I promised I would start donating if the site was able to stay up for a while, and I will because it has.

Nice going Tigisfat! I use CFS2, and I have quite a few Donatioware planes. They look fantastic and fly great. I am pretty sure they have CFS3 planes in there too. All the authors in the Add-ons section are really good at what they do. The staff work thier butts off for us, doing work I sure would not (or cannot) want to do. People are willing to help you figure stuff out. Now, Ickie and the boys (girls) are giving stuff away! If all that isn't worth slipping the site 20 bucks now and then, to help keep the place going, I don't know what is. If there is a better place than SOH, I sure haven't seen it.

P.S. Henry, that's a mighty fine pic!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey guys,

Yes, OV is pretty much for FS9 only.

The package, Operation Valkyrie is;
    * Eight plus German WWII military and civillian airfields including 2 North African desert airbases, and one Italian airbase near the Med.
    * Comes with AI planes that fill the sky in those many area's, including Berlin, North and South Germany, Africa, and Italy. Planes include Me-109 fighters, fighter trainer planes (Bu-181), Junkers tri-motor airliners and troop carriers in both civillian and military formats, Gigant super supply planes (huge) in 4 paint schemes. AI includes some ground military vehicles driving around.
    * An interactive story with a large amount of missions (FS9 format missions) that are selectable through a HTML based interaction game system. The interface comes with vintage Geraman music, and a button system that allows you to select the mission flight and go directly from the Mission system, directly to the plane on the airfield.

However.... The Mission system was based, at the time, on IE7 and WinXP. At launch, the new vista came out, and FSX, and the new IE along with FireFox as well as stricter settings for web content. What happened was that missions became no longer selectable from in the mission pages, as well as the sounds for the HTML mission system, (vintage German music, etc). So most will find that music may not work and direct-to-flights may not function right.

But.........! Whats cool is this will populate the above mentioned areas of Europe with some cool airfield scenery, flyable Bu-181, Gigant super cargo planes with various cargo loadouts, some cool history to learn, driveable Kubelwagens with top-up option and color options, tank battalians, and tons of other neat little things. Oh, and gliders and a glider port...

Lastly, for those that do not know what Operation Valkyrie really was, it was a group of high up officials in the German Military that were going to take the tyrant fuhrer down and end the war and bloodshed. Unfortunately the operation failed, hitler lived through the bomb blast, and all were discovered. The story line is fictional and parallels OV (the real OV), placing you as a friend of famed 'Von Stauffenberg' who organizes the 'rescue plan to save Germany'.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

poet,traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by safn1949 View Post

See above statement.:d So is there a way to make this work in CFS 2? And if not,no big deal,I would still like to thank you guys for the give away,that's very cool.
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Blog Entries
    This weeks giveaway, Fightertown Design Group V. 2. Presents SOH Charter Member 09 with ........B-17 Flying Fortress
    Look What I Have Become!

Another one? What the heck? Somebody stop him, before he gives away the whole dang store! Thanks Ickie and staff, your being to good to us!

Blog Entries
    I have enough goodies to keep this weekly giveaways up until christmas maybe further.
    I have room for other designers to get in on this too, contact me and I will get you in front of the line.
    Keep an eye out every Saturday.
    Look What I Have Become!