Aviation Profile Art

Thread: Aviation Profile Art

Aviation Profile Art

hope i put this in the right place, now i know a lot of us build Plasti-kits (airfix, revell etc...) now a while back i wanted to experiment with schemes before applying them, so i took side photos of my aircraft and started re-drawing them, suffice to say my addiction (is an accurate description of my hobby) became Profile art, i'll show you a key example i did for my uncle... not finished yet but shows shape and form, and shows with camo on on a close up...
    Attachment 9667
    Attachment 9668

now i'm heading a bit further back in time (not much further back) and working on this... no prizes for guessing what it is currently on the lineart stage, getting the basics down before i even put virtual pen onto Virtual paper
    Attachment 9669

Charter Member 09
    But why, why, does have to be a B-17G.
    Enough already!
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Helldiver, a Helldiver is on my list, this B-17 is all that stands between me and it

ok i decided....

B-17 is on hold as are all other projects, what would you all most like to see (If you have side views.. fantastic, as are 3 views, even scans from Plastikits)? most common one i'll Profile AND you can all Have (High Quality JPEG)... get your ideas in deadline is Friday 2300GMT for ideas

Happiness Consultant
    Don't let the old crank get to ya smoothie ... go on ahead with what you was planning ... Course a good B-17F wouldn't have hurt.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

nah it's still on the boards Snuffy, just that i'm collecting more images on it at the moment, in the mean time i wanted to start something with a fresh mind

i'm still going the B-17 got a bit of a facelift... still a long long way to go with it but patience and perseverance are my specialities.... sometimes anyways, heres a latest WIP pic
    Attachment 16122