ETO Expansion Download Links, Comments, Questions"
Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: ETO Expansion Download Links, Comments, Questions"

ETO Expansion Download Links, Comments, Questions"

OK guys, here it is......

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom=
    downloads&showcat=10

Now, just copy and paste the above into your address box in your browser

That way we will not mess up anything here at SOH even by accident. Sorry for my original blunder...I had a lot of info coming in at the same time......Thanks for your patience...mid
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Thanks Mid
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

PHEW...is all i'm gonna say..try it now guys
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

For some reason the space didn't take when I saved the edit the first time....it seems to work now.
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Works great Mid. I just did a test run on the server and I was downloading at 365 to 375 kb/sec after a min.

Steve

Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outstanding!!! Now do I get the secret handshake and cigars,lol?
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Middle, I just downloaded it. It took me less than 50 minutes this time. Already deleted the old one and installed the new. A-OK.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Gizmokev
    Getting 300 Kbps here thanks guys.....wooo more to confuse me now....:d:d

,,the show is on the road again.....great job fellas

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

page not found! is there a problem?
    Gianluca

You have to copy and paste the address into your browser. It is not a direct link.

Quote Originally Posted by gianlucabagatti View Post
    page not found! is there a problem?
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

hi rbp, thanks, did it! do u think the ETO released one week ago could have some corrupted files?
    Gianluca

Should not have any corruption in the original. But if you think you might then just download a fresh copy.

Quote Originally Posted by gianlucabagatti View Post
    hi rbp, thanks, did it! do u think the ETO released one week ago could have some corrupted files?

Eto faq

CFS3 ETO EXPANSION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How does the autoinstaller work.
    Refer to the READ ME BEFORE INSTALLATION document.
    2. How do you change the Eras?
    Refer to the CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA SWAPPER document for an explanation on how the swappers work.
    3. Can I name the CFS3 ETO Expansion install ETO2 and have it work correctly?
    No, the Theater has to be named CFS3 ETO Expansion, the Eraswappers, the global layer backup, and the ZX Zapper programs will not work with an install named other than CFS3 ETO Expansion.
    4. Do I need to install Mission Builder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
    No, the autoinstaller wil install a mission builder into the CFS3 ETO Expansion directory.
    5. Do I need to install the NEK?
    No, the CFS3 ETO Expansion comes with a NEK that is configured just for the CFS3 ETO Expansion. Installing a previously released NEK will corrupt the one that was installed with the install package.
    6. Can I install the 46th Design Group Scenery Package into the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
    No, it is recommended not to do so as it will corrupt the existing global layers. The initial release of CFS3 includes the Italy entries of the 46th Design Group Scenery. Subsequent updates to CFS3 ETO Expansion may include other locals.
    7. Can I install the Firepower Add on?
    That is unkown, the installation of the Firepower add on was not tested, so the impact to the theater is not known.
    8. I have installed the CFS3 ETO Expansion Install program and the CFS3 ETO Expansion Swapper Install program, but I can't switch Eras. What's Wrong?
    Is your CFS3 ETO Expansion directory path different from the default C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion? If it is you will need to refer to the detailed instructions in the CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA SWAPPER Readme to change the directory path entries in the swappers to match your computer's paths.
    If you started the sim without changing the swappers to your computers install path you have corrupted your era files. It is recommended that you uninstall the the associated Era files by manually deleting the existing era file sets from your theater. Then run the CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install program to re-install the Original Release Install Files (ORIFs).
    See The ERA File Restore Readme for detailed instructions on how to retore your era files.

9. Where are the Readmes?
    The Readmes are located in the main directory folder CFS3 ETO Expansion Readme.
    10. My scenery looks funny. What's wrong?
    When you installed the Install package did you verify that the ZX Zapper deleted the *.zx files in the Terrains and Terrains2 folders. Manually run the ZX Zapper and see if that corrects your scenery.
    11. What happens if I exit out of QC from an airfield that is not in the next Era I choose?
    You need to make sure that you select another airfield before clicking on the FLY button.
    If you don't you will get the floating hourglass or the sim will CTD. If you get the floating hourglass you can recover by immediately selecting the options pull down menu and Exit the game.
    12. What happens if I exit out of a mission that is not in the next Era I choose?
    Nothing, the sim will revert to the first mission in the new Era.
    13. Are there special considerations in using the CFS3 ETO Expansion Mission Builder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion Theater?
    Yes!
    During the autoinstall process the Mission Builder will be installed in your main directory. Right click on the MB and open the Properties pull down tab. The default directory and target paths are C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion. If your install path is different from the default, copy and paste your install path to the directory and target text windows.
    Because the 5 CFS3 ETO Expansion ERAs have different airfields and facilties entries in the global layer.csv/qclocations.xml additional procedures have to be followed to use the
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Mission Builder.
    It is important that you exit out of the sim in the Era that you want to build a new mission or revise an existing mission.
    Then initialize the Mission Builder and you will be able to verify that you are in the correct Era when the MB splash screen appears.
    Once in the correct Era for the mission, normal procedures for the mission builder can be followed.
    14. What campaigns can I play? How do they work?
    There are presently two specific Era campaigns for 1936. The Attack in the West and the Phoney War. All campaigns have spawn file groups which correspond to Allied or Axis Sides.
    There is a stock campaign. Also there are campaigns for 1943, 1944, and 1945.Presently there is no specific campaign for the Bob Era. At a later date campaigns may be added to the theater.
    See the Campaign Play Readme for details.
    15. Why isn't there more aircraft included in the CFS3 ETO Expansion?
    It was decided by the team to limit the amount of aircraft. We recommend as a minimum to install all the available aircraft from AvH and Regs Hanger, plus the Ground Crew craft on Regs.
    16. I get alot of stutter and low FPS.. What can I do? In the assets/highres dds folder there is a dds file called scenerysheet01.dds. Rename it to highres_scenerysheet01.dds. There is also a dds file called lowres_scenerysheet01.dds, change that to scenerysheet01.dds. You should see an improvement. You can also switch the aircraft textures from high resolultion to low resolution.
    You can also turn down your sliders in the cfs3config file.
    17. Why is there no stock CFS3 Missions in the ETO Install? Can I just copy my stock CFS3 missions into the ETO?
    Because the ETO has 5 different Eras with different global layer entries the stock missions will not work in all the eras. A mission that is an era that doesn't have the necessary global layer entries may corrupt your install.
    If you choose to install the stock missions you must take care to make sure that the era you are placing the mission has the necessary global layer entires.
    10-06-2008

Another question rbp

How does the backup system works?

N.

CFS3 ETO EXPANSION ERA FILES BACKUP PROGRAM
    The Installer includes the CFS3 ETO Backup program in the main directory which gives you the ability to backup your current ERA global layer files/qclocations.xml and other file folders and files associated with the 5 different eras in the Theater.
    List of folders and files the Back-up program saves to C:\ CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP
    All *_uires and uires folders
    All *_missions and missions folders
    global_layer folder
    All *_qclocations.xml and qclocations.xml files
    All *_splash24b.bmp and splash24b.bmp files
    ETOEraSwapper.bat file
    MASTERSTARTUP.bat file

I M P O R T A N T
    Make sure to place your theater in the default era of 1936 before creating a backup.
    The Backup files are stored at the default location of C:\ CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP.
    You should routinely make backups of your files.
    Oct 6 2008

Notice the back-up program only copies the 5 era specific folders and files.

If you need to reinstall your era and mission files you need to follow the ORIFs reinstall directions. There is a section in there on using the back-up files to reinstate your install to your last saved backup.

All the readmes are located in the CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonato View Post
    Another question rbp

How does the backup system works?

N.

Thank you for explaining:d

N.

For some reason the link above does not work for me. Is there another link to get ETO?

Quote Originally Posted by FRO8769 View Post
    For some reason the link above does not work for me. Is there another link to get ETO?
    It is not a direct link. You must copy and paste the total address into your browser.

TNEWELL
    It is the 1.17GB download correct? Want to make sure I don't need anything other than this. Thanks!

That's all you need other than a clean unmodded CFS3 install updated to 3.1a.

Quote Originally Posted by TNEWELL View Post
    It is the 1.17GB download correct? Want to make sure I don't need anything other than this. Thanks!

To Re-Iterate....the address in the first post is not a link...it must be copied and pasted in your browser address box!
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Rurokenshinfan23
    Thanks a bunch for the download link!

Hi Middle!

Great news for al the fans! Great work by you and the people I don't know the names of (but who will be unmistakenly operate with you in the background). Another example of the creativity that keeps our great sim alive.

RemcoC

Thanks for the compliments...all I did was some testing and a bit of research and come up with some ideas from time to time. The real credit goes to the guys who lost sleep building all the stuff. I found it really interesting to work with folks in several time zones. Being I stay up late and sleep late and am on the west coast, US, sometimes i was late getting some things but was early on others. We're still working on stuff to make it even better and IMO it's pretty good as it is....it takes cfs3 from a not too bad arcade game to a sim that looks real good. I think the biggest payoff for me was the amount of knowledge about how this sim works and I'm still learning. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish some missions i've been working on and see what all of you think about them if I ever get around to releasing them. mid
    Hydrogen and stupidity!