PMDG Jetstream 41! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PMDG Jetstream 41!

I don't know about traffic, but with ASX running, I experienced no difference in FPS.

Kiwi - any idea how to get the AP to slave to the FMC?
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    Kiwi - any idea how to get the AP to slave to the FMC?
    I've not had the time to mess with the FMC yet. I've only been flying it around by hand. I hope to go through the tutorial a couple times tomorrow. Though the Cub release may delay that. What an expensive weekend! :isadizzy:

its actually been a rather expensive 10 days :ernae:.

i think i got it but not sure yet - will do a test run later and report back
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Didn't quite escape.
    I read in the manual how to do it somewhere, while I was scanning through, but haven't tried it yet. I flew it using the AP, but not the FMC. I may try later after writing some more review of something else.

Now that the 4100 is out it and they are working on the update I was thinking wouldn't be interesting and cool if they added the 31 and 32 as addons...are the cockpits are the same? and the body is just shorter by 8 foot or so...

Did you figure out the FMC yet?

I had a chance to mess with it. I'm totally loving this plane and the performance. It is about time PMDG released something that performs nicely.

well i am about to give up on the fmc
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

Charter Member 2015
    Fustrating aircraft!

David

Oli-TUB
    Well that's ingenious british design at it's best. Be happy that's it's not build by Lucas.

Charter Member 2015
    British or PMDG?:isadizzy:

David

he means the aircratf itself not the FS Representation

Charter Member 2015
    I knew that? FS Representation:isadizzy: Visually very well done, no question - systems/operation :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

David

Didn't quite escape.
    Typically British then, if no-one can figure it out... Just be glad it's not an Avro RJ or you'd still be trying to start the APU.

oh god yeah, the BAe146/RJ series are a finicky bunch, Jetstream is not so bad, shes a puppy that just needs house training in comparison

OK, for the FMC, make sure in the FPL page you've got at least a starting and ending airport.

Second, hit "plan". You'll need to enter in the reserve fuel. Then go to page 6 of the plan pages. Then enter in the payload- that is: ACM, FULL WT., AFT, POD and CLOSET added together from your load sheet. This number should be in the thousands range if you've done it right.

Next, go to the VNAV page. Select DATA?. Enter in your cruise altitude in the correct spot.

Once you've got those entered, hit Direct to on the left side. Choose your second waypoint on the list, not the starting airport. Hit enter until it shows information about the next waypoint (distance, heading, time, etc.). Once you've done that, hit the square LNAV button (above the backup altimeter), turn the left BRG knob to LNAV if you'd like, enable the AP, then hit NAV mode. It should then follow the route in the FMC. You can then also have it follow VS or IAS until your cruising altitude.

The first time through it might be a little awkward, but after a few times it should be second nature. It may seem like a lot at once, but it is much easier than learning a FMC in a heavier jet, that's for sure.

Hope this helps you guys. Any questions, just ask away. :ernae:

Didn't quite escape.
    AAAARGH!!!

Got up to page 62 of the tutorial before blowing up #1 and having to reload the flight. I hadn't even released the parking brakes yet!!!

OK. Try again. You wouldn't believe that I flew this thing happily from Hawarden to Birmingham last night, would you?

EgoR64
    :ernae: Nice Bird -

Kiwikat covered it - This was me playing, a Very Fun Bird, the Pit is a Little Heavy on my FPS.

# Goto Airport
    # Turn on FMC
    # Enter 3-Times
    # If no FPL -
    # Highlight and Enter on Depart
    # Type in Airport ID - Enter All the Way Through making your selections or Take all the Defaults and then Enter on Select -
    # Highlight and Enter Arrive -
    # Type in Airport ID - Enter all the Way Though Making your Selection or Take the Defaults and then Enter on Select -
    # HighLight and Enter on SAVE FPL -
    # Enter on OK ?
    # Click on PLAN -
    # Highlight and Enter on the 0 to enter your Reserve - Hit Enter when Done
    # Click the NXT Button until on 6/6 of PLAN Enter your PAYLOAD - Hit Enter When Done
    # Click on the VNAV Button -
    # Highlight and Enter on the DATA -
    # Enter Cruise Altitude - whatever you want - Hit Enter
    # Verify your FPA - Enter
    # you can Click the DTO here as well and Highlight the next in Line Waypoint Press Enter - This will be the First Waypoint the FMC fly's to -
    # Should be good reduce the FMC - Match the ALT Button with your Cruising Altitude if you want -
    # Do all your Start up Procedures, Cleareance what ever you need to get the bird in the Air -
    # You can do this prior to turning on the AP - or Before takeoff for me but you will want to click the LNAV button Directly at you 12:00
    Right Below the AP/TRAIN PWR Button in Red - This will Change the 2nd Display to LNAV mode.
    # Make sure you set your HDG Bug to your Runway - The HDG Sync Button is Good
    # Get her up in the Air Positive Rate of Climb and Around 170 knots click on the IAS in the FDIR
    # Click on the HDG Button in the FDIR to Maintain your Runway Heading
    # Click on your ALT/SEL button
    # When you feel a Descent Postive Rate of Climb you can hit the AP Engage Button in the Middle Console right above the Flaps Switch.
    # You may have to fuss a Little with your Rate of Climb Inc/Dec knob to get a Descent Rate of Climb -
    # When all is Good Simply turn off the HDG in the FDIR and Click on the NAV Button, Should follow the FMC Flight Plan - the Nav Should stick and you should be in LNAV Mode.

FYI - Just my Technique, My rate of climb was all over the place - Still Learning -

Cheers !!

Charter Member 2015
    Reverse prop... The Page Down key does not put the throttle lever into the reverso prop position. How do you do reverse the porps??????? How do you get the throttle lever into that position without using a mouse?

David :isadizzy:

Didn't quite escape.
    Try F2 - "Throttle reduce slowly". That's the default programmed key.

I know we're all effectively engineers here, and reading the finagling manual is against the rules, but this one - or at least the much shorter tutorial - is actually worth the effort. It ain't no Boeing, Jim.

("Passing ten thousand feet, Captain.")

Quote Originally Posted by EgoR64 View Post
    This was me playing, a Very Fun Bird, the Pit is a Little Heavy on my FPS.

FYI - Just my Technique, My rate of climb was all over the place - Still Learning
    You would probably have better results using the VS hold and controlling speed with the throttle.

What settings are you using in the configuration manager? Do you have FPS unlocked?

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Try F2 - "Throttle reduce slowly". That's the default programmed key.

I know we're all effectively engineers here, and reading the finagling manual is against the rules, but this one - or at least the much shorter tutorial - is actually worth the effort. It ain't no Boeing, Jim.

("Passing ten thousand feet, Captain.")

Manual? What's that? In reality I did read over that part and could find no reference to what keys to press. It just told what I had aught to do not how to do it. At least that's what I found. they wrote the manual like it's the real thing. Get a grip - this is FSX and they are key to press :isadizzy:

David

EgoR64
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    You would probably have better results using the VS hold and controlling speed with the throttle.

What settings are you using in the configuration manager? Do you have FPS unlocked?
    Hi Kiwikat,

Your way worked well, with the vs and controlling the speed - thanks.

I did see in the Configuration to reduce the pit to normal textures, a little better, in the 14-15 fps range, I may tweak the Config, to see if it helps, just my old rig.

----------------------

Getting funner with every flight, Nice Bird -

The Passengers in the cabin is a Cool touch -

----------------------

Attachment 9960Attachment 9961Attachment 9962

taseal
    is the FPS same as the mustang? if so, I probably can't fly this thing.... most said about 5fps less tjhan L39 which should be like low 20s for me on the ground, about 28-30 in the air

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    is the FPS same as the mustang? if so, I probably can't fly this thing.... most said about 5fps less tjhan L39 which should be like low 20s for me on the ground, about 28-30 in the air
    I get FAR more fps with this plane than with the citation mustang.