PMDG Jetstream 41!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PMDG Jetstream 41!

PMDG Jetstream 41!

It's coming today according to Robert Randazzo!

They released the manuals this morning too: http://75.126.63.20/file_library/doc...1_PDF_DOCS.zip

Hopefully more of you guys here will be interested in this one as its less of a t00b than the MD-11 or 747.

It looks interesting from the shots I've seen. I wonder how the fps will be. I sorta wish they did a Saab 340 but the BAe is very similar to that one. And the guy was a pilot on the jetstream so that's why they did it.

Hopefully the price is right
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Hopefully the price is right
    45 USD! Much better indeed.

FPS-wise, it is supposed to be better than their MD-11, which performs admirably for what it is.

Pricey, but not too bad in comparison with what I would define as "high quality" addons this day in age hehe

HQ addons like Citation Mustang, Lotus L39, RealAir Duke etc
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

They have also released a nice video :

[YOUTUBE]Pz70U66si4U[/YOUTUBE]

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Great!!! Thanks very much for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Weee, I' sold...t that's my pressie to myself once the Christen Eagle is done..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was reading through the manual and you can put airways into the FMC!!! Wooohooo! That's a first I think.... not even the F1 Mustang can do that...
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

I was reading through the manual and you can put airways into the FMC!!! Wooohooo! That's a first I think.... not even the F1 Mustang can do that...
    Just about every addon with a FMC out there allows you to enter airways... :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Just about every addon with a FMC out there allows you to enter airways... :ernae:
    Hmmmm, I use the LevelD and Super80 - AFAIK you can't do it with them. Or maybe it's a classic case of PEBKAC
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Hmmmm, I use the LevelD and Super80 - AFAIK you can't do it with them. Or maybe it's a classic case of PEBKAC
    Check under the "Via" column in your plan pages

Didn't quite escape.
    Sorry Ryan... Certainly with the LDS it's a PEBKAC or **** error. I don't have the Super80 pro with the FMS, but all the other FMS equipped aircraft I have you can enter airways with. On a Boeing or MDD with a Smiths FMC (Airbii, Embraers, Bombardiers, etc. differ) then pressing page down on the route page accesses the flight planning pages. Enter the airway in the left hand column, which should put boxes opposite in the right hand column to show a mandatory entry, then put the exit point for the route in the right hand column where the boxes are. Continue until plan complete. The LDS manual, I seem to remember, was very good at showing you how to do this (in FS9, at least... I've never read the one for FSX!!!)

One thing that regularly seems to have been overlooked is that there is actually a gauge pack (by Ernie Alston, who did the one in this JS41) that can be installed to any FS9 or FSX aircraft (and includes airway nav...) - http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-alston-integrated-simavionics-group-1-(isg1).phtml

It's far from perfect, but I bought it and have installed it into the default CRJ and B738 and it definitely works.

It looks like I have to part with more money I can't afford for this model, though.

Edit: Ryan - the attachment shows a partially completed flight plan from EGAA to EDDV in the CS B757. The LDS system is programmed in exactly the same way.

i'm sitting here refreshing the product page ever 10 mins... cant wait
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

AAAAAAAAND she's out!!!

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/Prod...3&idproduct=56

Just a warning though... the download speeds are AWFUL right now due to traffic.

Wohoo! been waiting for this one. Thanks for the HU, guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

Charter Member 2015
    I'd like to see some FPS reviews - plane looks awesome but if you can't fly?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    I'd like to see some FPS reviews - plane looks awesome but if you can't fly?

David
    Well if it ever finishes downloading, I'll report back! :mixedsmi:

OOOOOOOOOK... my initial report.

This thing looks incredible. Easily one of the best pieces of art available for FSX.

The good thing is, its not only art. You can actually fly it! At first I was terrified by the 20 FPS I was getting. I went into the configuration manager and killed a couple of the options and lowered the refresh rate sliders and I'm getting 30+ fps in the VC on the ground. So PMDG's claim of scalable performance is definitely true. Anyone running a 3 GHz dual core or better shouldn't have any problems with this plane.

Another quick note, the way they implemented the RXP weather radar is genius.

Back to flying!

Don't forget some screenies when you get the chance!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Charter Member 2015
    It's Miller Time!

David

Here's a few screenies. Two with the FPS just to show that I'm not just making it up.

I had a strange suspicion that unlocking my FPS in this plane would result in smoother performance...

What a difference that made!

nice one busy downloading now :ernae:
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

What kind of frames with live weather? Active sky and REX? Anyone know yet or try? I am very curious....

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    What kind of frames with live weather? Active sky and REX? Anyone know yet or try? I am very curious....
    That is with REX textures and FSX's real world weather. It just happened to be clear. I have yet to try it with ASX though.