Ivan Hsu MDLC for Vista 64 Bit

Thread: Ivan Hsu MDLC for Vista 64 Bit

Ivan Hsu MDLC for Vista 64 Bit

Anybody know whether he has a version that works with 64 bit Vista?

Regards,

LT1

I have the same problem, but I have Windows 7

Have you tried using Compatibility Mode?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It will work with Windows 7 using the DOSBox emulator, although it's quite a bit slower than before. I'd give credit to the folks around here who recommended it in previous threads, but I don't have the time to search right now. Sorry about that, guys. :salute::salute::salute:
    Here's a link: http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

what version of dosbox do you use for the MDLC program?

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    what version of dosbox do you use for the MDLC program?
    Looks like the latest version for the Windows 32 installer is still 0.74, that's the one I used way back when.

patful... i've been trying to activate mdlc on dosbox 0.74 but it won't work.

can you give me instructions on how to activate it?

patful... i've been trying to activate mdlc on dosbox 0.74 but it won't work.

can you give me instructions on how to activate it?
    Let me get back to you. I haven't put either program back on the computer since I re-formatted last month. I know there are a couple of extra files you need to run it properly, though. I can send you the files when I find them.

Pat

Hello BoeingvsAirbusNKL

As far as I am aware DosBox is primarily for running Dos programs and can have issues running Windows programs (would be nice for a version which also runs early Windows programs)

There have been posts about dual-boot setups before - this is something everyone will need to consider if they want to run older programs in the future especially if Microbucks does not build in backwards program compatability, otherwise buy several older performance computers and keep them as spares.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nts-go-further

Regards SGV

First of all, do you have these two files in the DOS folder you created, DPMI16BI.OVL and RTM.EXE? I remember I couldn't get anything to work without them.

If you still have an installer CD for XP, there's another option that I found in one of my classes last semester: VirtualBox

I use it to keep a copy of XP w/ SP3 on a USB hard drive. You can easily set up a sharing folder between your Vista/W7 host system and the XP virtual machine - it shows up as a network place in the XP setup. You can then launch the XP machine and download/install all of the tools you need to do your editing, then move the output files back to your Vista/W7 system via the shared folder.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    First of all, do you have these two files in the DOS folder you created, DPMI16BI.OVL and RTM.EXE? I remember I couldn't get anything to work without them.
    I will check, patful... once I am home.
    (Yes, i am a student.)

alright pat... i found the problem.

I am missing DPMI16BI.OVL

I found DPMI16BI.OVL online.

now where do i put it at?

I found DPMI16BI.OVL online.

now where do i put it at?
    RTM.exe and DPMI16BI.OVL should both be in the dos folder you created, along with mdlc.exe. Here's both: Attachment 66846

i put it in. now how do i use it via dosbox?

i put it in. now how do i use it via dosbox?
    Getting ready to go out to eat. I'll re-install DOSBOX later and make sure my instructions are correct before I lead you astray.

Okay, I've got it up and running. Might work better and annoy fewer people if we private message the instructions. One question: are you trying to use that Windows front-end for mdlc, or are you familiar with using Command Prompt? The front-end won't work, but command line instructions are simple enough to use. PM me to let me know how far along you are with DOSBOX (and mdlc).

Pat

Members who have read this thread: 49