SectionF8 F-86 Repaint Request

Thread: SectionF8 F-86 Repaint Request

SectionF8 F-86 Repaint Request

I have been longing for a proper NAS Point Mugu targets QF-86 drone livery for so long... Any takers?

Mike

I wish I could help you.I use to live under PMTC's pattern(Camarillo)and watch those ex-Blue Impulse Sabres.I hope some one will paint some up too.

Blog Entries
    Hello Mike,

The closest USN drone repaint I know is a China Lake NWTC version by Eric Joiner ....

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 US Navy QF-86 Sabre
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: qf86.zip Size: 5,719,504 Date: 12-09-2008 Downloads: 507
    FS2004 US Navy QF-86 Sabre. A North American F-86F aircraft of the US Navy. Naval Weapons Testing Center (NWTC), China Lake. In the 1970's through the mid 1990's the US Navy purchased surplus F-86 aircraft from various air forces around the world for conversion into live fire target drones. The US Army, Navy and the Air Force had programs similar to this one including a major program conducted by Flight Safety International who contracted with the US Military to provide such services. Repaint by Eric Joiner.

regards,

dl

Hi, Mike!

I may be wrong, but this drone seems to me like the "6-3 hardwing" version of the Sabre, not the slatted one that's already available.

Following http://www.sectionf8.com/variants.html , this variant is "in production".
    Beancounter as I am, I'd have some scruples to paint the slatted Sabre in this way. Furthermore, I'm convinced that lots of painters put their repaints of the hardwing versions at standby until the correct version is out.

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Hi, Mike!

I may be wrong, but this drone seems to me like the "6-3 hardwing" version of the Sabre, not the slatted one that's already available.

Following http://www.sectionf8.com/variants.html , this variant is "in production".
    Beancounter as I am, I'd have some scruples to paint the slatted Sabre in this way. Furthermore, I'm convinced that lots of painters put their repaints of the hardwing versions at standby until the correct version is out.

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Thanks Markus, yes perhaps I'll just have to be patient and wait for the hard wing variant. In the meantime, I'm going to download the paint kit and see if I have what it takes to be a repainter.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    ...and see if I have what it takes to be a repainter.
    Brilliant idea, Mike!
    I'd love to welcome you at the dark side of the force! :d

May I suggest you to have a closer look at the drone repaint posted above? You should get some good advice there, as it looks quite comparable to your project.
    I did my first released repaints on this girl and looking back, it was the best model to start with. The basic textures are so great, you'll soon have some satisfying results!
    The texture mapping of the Sabre sometimes is a little ... ehm: surprising.
    But as far as I can see, there's some more repainters here already having taken a "Sabre dance" - so please don't hesitate to ask if you encounter any problems.

But beware:
    Repainting is highly addictive! :violent:

Best wishes,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Brilliant idea, Mike!
    I'd love to welcome you at the dark side of the force! :d

May I suggest you to have a closer look at the drone repaint posted above? You should get some good advice there, as it looks quite comparable to your project.
    I did my first released repaints on this girl and looking back, it was the best model to start with. The basic textures are so great, you'll soon have some satisfying results!
    The texture mapping of the Sabre sometimes is a little ... ehm: surprising.
    But as far as I can see, there's some more repainters here already having taken a "Sabre dance" - so please don't hesitate to ask if you encounter any problems.

But beware:
    Repainting is highly addictive! :violent:

Best wishes,
    Markus.

Cheers Markus! I do already have that QF-86 skin you mentioned. I used to repaint alot of CFS2 aircraft a few years back, I suspect this will be quite different. Thanks for your encouragement.

Mike :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hello Mike,

The closest USN drone repaint I know is a China Lake NWTC version by Eric Joiner ....

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 US Navy QF-86 Sabre
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: qf86.zip Size: 5,719,504 Date: 12-09-2008 Downloads: 507
    FS2004 US Navy QF-86 Sabre. A North American F-86F aircraft of the US Navy. Naval Weapons Testing Center (NWTC), China Lake. In the 1970's through the mid 1990's the US Navy purchased surplus F-86 aircraft from various air forces around the world for conversion into live fire target drones. The US Army, Navy and the Air Force had programs similar to this one including a major program conducted by Flight Safety International who contracted with the US Military to provide such services. Repaint by Eric Joiner.

regards,

dl

Thanks to you as well Delta Lima. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    - - In the meantime, I'm going to download the paint kit and see if I have what it takes to be a repainter.

Mike
    SectionF8's download center is either being VERY squirrelly, or he no longer has the repaint packs and paint kit up available and I cannot find it online anywhere that is working. Do you still have this paintkit, and is there any way you might be able to upload it so others can join the fun?

I love the Section F8 F-86 and have several ideas I'd like to make, but it is an uphill battle, and frustrating trying to make a blank base out of available repaint downloads.

fsfiles,org is down now, https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...esorg-is-down/ this is were the kit linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    fsfiles,org is down now, https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...esorg-is-down/ this is were the kit linked to.
    Talk about resurrecting old topics....

Think youll find the paintkit is here at Outhouse library,
    search 'Javis' (Jan Vissers' handle)

Ttfn

Pete

He started it.

Javis Search

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Talk about resurrecting old topics....

Think youll find the paintkit is here at Outhouse library,
    search 'Javis' (Jan Vissers' handle)

Ttfn

Pete
    That worked, thanks.

Section 8 f-86 sabre - hard wing version

I have the hard wing model of Section 8's magnificent Sabre. It came out with a hard wing model, painted as a Canadair manufactured a/c belonging to 92 Sqn RAF in 1955.

Presumably this model would take the target drone skin that you are discussing?

Mal