OMG: Mosquito Museum signing Event
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG: Mosquito Museum signing Event

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar

OMG: Mosquito Museum signing Event

All I can say is I'll be there! There are two vets from 248 squadron attending and many others besides!!!

http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/mosquitosigning.html

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Fingers crossed I will be there....

I hope Dave see's this and then e could all get together

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Darn ill be there the 26th
    3 weeks too late
    ya better get some pics
    H

It was Dave who put me onto in the first place.....

Hardly hear from him these days!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave its over to you.

I defo wanna go to this but it will all depend on when my son is born as he is due on the 29th sept. Srry i havent been round much guys although i have been doing some modeling so i have been alittle busy on the VC on the mossie.

Hope your all well.

Dave

Yes please, many pics Many moons ago I saw my only real one. I had read in the paper that one was on a tour and I knew I would never get to see it. Then, as if a nod from above, I was walking to work and heard an unmistakable purr from the air. Looking up I caught sight of the Wooden Wonder as she was making for her next show stop. It was spectacular.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

See you there then?!

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries
    That looks quite an event! Hope you can get some photos please chaps.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    See you there then?!

Cheers

Shessi
    Any SOH members who go will have have a way to ID themselves, ... a copy of CFS3 perhaps

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

MMmmmmmm theres a good thought....

lol.

Dave

Well, provided our baby is born before this date i will defo be coming........ just need to get a book to have them all sign in.

thinking of getting the book 'The men that flew the mosquito: compelling account of the wooden wonders triumphant WW2 career'.

Roll on 4th Oct.

Dave

So I can now confirm that I have the day off work...

Am 99% sure I am going.

The £30.00 signing fee seems to me to be a bit steep. Does anyone have any more info about this?

Kev, here's the e-mail I recieved from them.

Dear Jeff
    The signing event starts at 10-30,admission cost £5 adult £3 for senior citizen and children. Signing fee will be £30 per item that includes all signatures we will have to limit it to 3 items per customer.

Regards

Peter Roberts.

This is probably their big fundraiser of the year.

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

The 3 items. Can they be your own or would you need to buy them on the day?

Hope it is own items as I have a few of my own I would like signed.

So Who else is defo going, apart from me and Jeff?

Dave???????????????????

Well I for one had a great morning.

Kev fancy not mentioning that we managed to meet up. I was great to able to meet you at last.

Well what a day! Certainly one of highs and lows. the down side was the poor organisation which meant that the those queing for the signatures were made to wait a very long time. It wasn't fair on us or the vets who are all 80+ years old who were there longer than scheduled. I didn't leave until 4pm. HowEver I am so glad that I stuck it out as I now have the sigs if 25 mosquito veterans.

Attachment 12623

Attachment 12624

Here's the FB mk VI with the wings on. they hope to have it standing on its undercart by the Spring.

Attachment 12625

Attachment 12626

Attachment 12627

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Quote Originally Posted by BeauBrummie View Post
    Kev fancy not mentioning that we managed to meet up. I was great to able to meet you at last.

Well what a day! Certainly one of highs and lows. the down side was the poor organisation which meant that the those queing for the signatures were made to wait a very long time. It wasn't fair on us or the vets who are all 80+ years old who were there longer than scheduled. I didn't leave until 4pm. HowEver I am so glad that I stuck it out as I now have the sigs if 25 mosquito veterans.
    Sorry Jeff, was a long day for me aswell...lol

It was a pleasure to finally meet you to. Sorry I had to rush off, but family duty called I am afraid. Have to agree that it was not very well orgonised. The poor vets were flagging by midday. How long did it take you to get all the way round then?

Hi Kev,

My big gripe is that by 12.30 obvioulsy these grand old gentlemen (and wives)needed their lunch, but the organisers in their wisdom took them off site and it was over 2 hours before they were back at the museum. It was after 3 when they started signing again. I was out at 4pm and was at my own dead line for returning to Yorkshire with wife and kids. I had been there for 51/2 hours...I must be mad! Anyway here's some photos of the veterans http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/mosquitosigning.html

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Hi Folks,
    Yes a long day but well worth it.
    I tried to find you BeauB, using memory from that small photo you used in your SOH signature, and got some funny looks from people who I said 'Beaubrummie?' to . I felt like a Russian agent, you should have seen the looks... :d
    I was in the morning lot and only just got in before closing!

Those veterans were absolute stars, they had been there signing from 10am to 1.15pm (should have gone for lunch at 12.30pm!) and yet still chatted and had the odd joke and story to tell. Great to meet them and take a bit of history home. Many thanks to them and the Mossie Museum.

Cheers Shessi

Hi Shessi,

They made to ordeal worth while. I just missed by a whisker getting into the morning session. Unfortunately the catering the had bought in for the event only did crisps(chips) or cake.

I was touched by the dedication of these old chaps who agreed to stay past the finish time until the line had cleared. I left at 4.00pm and it still wound out of the hanger.

One of my favourite over heard anecdotes was from two chaps who agreed that at 50 feet a mossie had a 5-10mph advantage over a 190, but were in trouble if it dived! Two other vets were in deep conversation and apologised to me for holding me up as they were on the same squadron and hadn't seen each other for 65 years!!! Another looked at the length of the queue and said he felt like a film star. They had a couple drop out in the morning, but five other just popped in as they'd heard about the event!! Amazing. I sit hear and look at my signed print and think yes it was all worth it!

Attachment 12680

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

Apart from the orginisational hickups it looks like you all had a superb time. I would have given my eye teeth to have been there, but just a tad to far to travel... the oppurtunities to talk with these grand old men is getting harder and harder, I fear for people outside of Europe, who have little prospect of traveling in the near future, it may well be to late to catch up with them before their all gone.

Jeff,
    your print is amazing, if I had of been thinking I would have got you to organise a second print had it signed and I would have paid you in advance for it, along with postage over to Aus.. never thought of it until just now whilst looking at yours.

regads Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

The name that leapt out for me was Des Curtis who flew with 248 and 235 squadrons. Rob, he flew the planes you've been working on. How great is that!

It's not the same, but I could do you a higher res photo (with no date stamp) for you.

BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Jeff,

That is pretty cool, Des gets a mention in a book I have called Beaufighter leader, the biography of Jack Davenport who commanded 455 squadron.

I'd love a larger copy of your print, thank you very much for the offer.

Your mossies I'm working away on are just about finished, have some nice surprises for you with some additional weapons beyond the ones already seen. I found some cool ref pics of the twin rail setup with fuel tanks etc.

thanks again regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..