Xplane ain't got nothin... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xplane ain't got nothin...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Maybe Aces wanted to implement the cloud shadows from the beginning but ran out of time?
    ..or frame rate killer and was left out.. Looking forward to cloud shadows though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

Man, just when you thought it could't get any better. This just keep the blood pumping...always a carrot down the road to make FSX even better. I love the dreamers who make these things possible.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Who knows, some developers are now entirely bypassing the FSX flight dynamics and are simply updating the plane's location from an outside engine. The previously impossible and/or unrealistic VTOL would be a thing of the past if someone decided to spend some (a lot) time and money to work on it. The same is true with aerobatics... :mixedsmi:
    Well, concerning the VTOL, it's already a thing from the past.
    The current module (RCB gauges) shows that it's possible, even if the way it's done is not completely realistic...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by wantok View Post
    ..or frame rate killer and was left out.. Looking forward to cloud shadows though.
    Yep i think i've read that FSX's beta just before RTM had Cloud shadows option but it got pulled from the final build

See bottom left tick box

Maybe someone has found a way to renable it or found a way via rewritting the cloud shaders,i look forward to seeing it in motion though & checking out the how to once its relased......i remember peter & chris talking about cloud shadows as something they where looking at adding to FEX but much like all there other promises it became total vapourware.....

One other thing i like to see hacked into FSX (apart from crepuscular rays that is) is Normal/bump mapping for the closest set or 2 of terrain tiles,im pretty sure that some of the screen shots on the FSX RTM installer feature bumpmapped terrain on one of the mountain sides

Interesting times ahead i look forward to checking out the CS once i build myself another gaming/simming/deving rig

laters
    steve

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Wow!! If these are seperate cloud shadows... AMAZING!!! I would pay whatever the cost! Especially if the shadows work not only on the ground... but on the aircraft and other objects themselves!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Wow!! If these are seperate cloud shadows... AMAZING!!! I would pay whatever the cost! Especially if the shadows work not only on the ground... but on the aircraft and other objects themselves!!
    Oh yes, non-illuminated planes and scenery/autogen objects under clouds would be fantastic !

Well, this may be the problem, I don't see any autogen on those screens.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Well, concerning the VTOL, it's already a thing from the past.
    The current module (RCB gauges) shows that it's possible, even if the way it's done is not completely realistic...yet...
    With no disrespect to Rob, it isn't anywhere near as smooth as it could be. His gauge certainly makes it better than it used to be, but it wouldn't come close to a proper external flight model.

I'm sure the money it would cost to design such a thing wouldn't be worth it for any existing VTOL aircraft. The subject material just isn't popular enough among flight simmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    With no disrespect to Rob, it isn't anywhere near as smooth as it could be. His gauge certainly makes it better than it used to be, but it wouldn't come close to a proper external flight model.

I'm sure the money it would cost to design such a thing wouldn't be worth it for any existing VTOL aircraft. The subject material just isn't popular enough among flight simmers.
    I understand what you mean but keep in mind that the fact that Rob's VTOL flight is not realistic doesn't come from a FSX limitation, it's just coming from the way Rob implemented it. In fact, he applies a fix speed depending on the plane angle, but he should have applied an acceleration instead of a speed. In the end, it's just a little mathematic formula to change.

The fact is that FSX allows you to "manipulate" your aicraft movements from an external module. What you choose to do or compute in this module is only up to you. That's what Rob's module is demonstrating.

Members who have read this thread: 0