Double D's @ the Paintshop .........

Thread: Double D's @ the Paintshop .........

Double D's @ the Paintshop .........

..............for VB Plane's FW 190 Dora

.........old but good - I use this one a lot - fabulous FR's

Enjoy!

R C CAWTE
    Oh goodie.More targets.

Z-PurpleBubble

Looking very nice indeed!

SC,

I love those repaints, I really do! :ernae:

I have a question though: a Dora with either bombs or rocket launchers? I thought they were exclusively used for air2air work?

But honestly, just looking at your attached screenie probably just inticed me into reïnstalling CFS2!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBubble View Post
    SC,

I love those repaints, I really do! :ernae:

I have a question though: a Dora with either bombs or rocket launchers? I thought they were exclusively used for air2air work?

But honestly, just looking at your attached screenie probably just inticed me into reïnstalling CFS2!
    Thanks for the compliments - good point, and you're probably right -but see this from the FW 190 website:

http://www.vectorsite.net/avfw190.html

The D-9 different from the prototypes in having a bigger tailfin to improve yaw stability; two MG-131 13 millimeter cannon replacing the two MG-17 guns in the cowling; and a belly rack for carriage of a 500 kilogram (1,100 pound) bomb, as well as an optional stores rack under each wing. An MW-50 water-methanol boost system could also be installed. After initial production, the type was fitted with a bulged canopy to give better all-round vision. A range of modification kits were provided for the type.
    Tank made it plain that he regarded the Jumo-powered FW-190D-9 as an "interim solution", leading Luftwaffe pilots to believe that they were going to get an indifferent and clumsy lashup. Once they got their hands on the machine, they found out that the "Dora-Nine", as they called it, was a superb aircraft. It was faster, climbed more rapidly, and handled better than an Anton, and almost certainly the best piston fighter to be fielded in numbers by the Luftwaffe. The Dora-Nine proved to be a nasty handful for American P-51Ds and late-mark RAF Spitfires. Tank was just being fussy. FOCKE-WULF FW-190D ("DORA-NINE"): _____________________ _________________ _______________________ spec metric english _____________________ _________________ _______________________ wingspan 10.5 meters 34 feet 5 inches wing area 18.3 sq_meters 197 sq_feet length 10.19 meters 33 feet 5 inches height 3.36 meters 11 feet empty weight 3,490 kilograms 7,695 pounds normal loaded weight 4,300 kilograms 9,480 pounds max speed at altitude 685 KPH 425 MPH / 370 KT service ceiling 12,000 meters 39,400 feet range 840 kilometers 520 MI / 450 NMI _____________________ _________________ _______________________The Dora-Nine was produced in good numbers, but Nazi Germany was falling apart by this time; there were few pilots, there was little fuel. Many of the FW-190D-9s built never saw combat, and in any case they were too few to have any influence on the course of the war. Those that did see action were often used as "top cover" for airfields operating the Messerschmitt Me-262 jet fighter, whose poor acceleration made it highly vulnerable during landings.

Thanks for your interest

Jim

I don't know how you do it. I seem to have less and less time for CFS2 and you're just cranking out great skins all the time! I have about 300 downloads in my backlog already but I jumped on these as soon as I saw the post. Thanks again Sopwith.

I am gonna download these and try out the VB Dora. Don't recall ever having done so. I often need good Doras for various campaigns but have been unappreciative of the old VB planes. Your repaints could really give them new life.

Excellent work, Sopwith! The "Double D's" got my attention.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Looks great! And I never tried this Dora.

Mort

Even though I am working FEAAC missions right now, I am downloading them. I love flying VB planes and have flown the VB Dora. It is an excellent aircraft.

Since I have all of their planes, I might as well have all of SC's skins for them........:ernae:
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Great work, Sopwith! :ernae:
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Charter Member 2016
    Anybody else noticed that the swastikas on the Dora tail fins are the wrong way round.

Quote Originally Posted by dave603 View Post
    Anybody else noticed that the swastikas on the Dora tail fins are the wrong way round.

Well ............. obviously I didn't ...........

....thank you for pointing it out .......

......maybe you could just fly backwards ?

(......pushes back cap, mutters quietly, reaches for paint cans to start correction, wonders why he bothers.........)

.........for them that needs it ......................

Charter Member 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply and correction SC. No need to feel unappreciated, it was just a simple slip of the brush. I love your work and look forward to future projects.I believe someone suggested a new SG Sunderland skin That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dave603 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and correction SC. No need to feel unappreciated, it was just a simple slip of the brush. I love your work and look forward to future projects.I believe someone suggested a new SG Sunderland skin That would be nice.
    10 sqn please....But first take a break, and have a glass of malt. Make that a bottle!

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0