Something new!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something new!

Something new!

Thought I'd let the cat out of the bag and show you how this old crate is coming along, I know a few of you have been waiting a long time!:d

This is Greg (SeaCondor's) beautifull new Defiant model, its still in development, but as you can see very well advanced, I've had it a few days now, and have got the basic paint in place, camo and NF schemes will follow. No pit shots at the moment, I haven't started painting that yet!

The model is top notch, you will love it!:mixedsmi:
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

williamtong
    looking quite lovely

Very very nice! Great job Seacondor and John! That thing has some wicked firepower. :ernae:

Speaking of new models there was a Catalina that was going to be released in MAW 2. Probably won't see MAW 2 but does anyone know who built that Catalina?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

Hi John, man thats looking sweet!!! the BoB period just got a whole lot more real.. cant wait. great work both of you. :ernae:
    I'm one of the guys whos been waiting a while, but I know good things come to those who wait.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Bl@@dy ten-penny ones, dropping into the custard!"

Holy cr@#! That is increadible! Turret.....rivets.....wooooah!

Safety catches off!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

a Defiant how awesome:ernae:

Clive will have a w== dream!!!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Clive will have a w== dream!!!
    Certainly did! This has been a long time coming .

It looks as good as I ever hoped and in Gregs words it has one of the most detailed (or was it THE most) detailed pits he's done. Can't wait.

That paint-jobs beautiful John. Any ideas at this stage what variants will be made and skinned??
    I like that you've made the prototype a/c, sorry to ask, but will it be made with the correct exhaust stubs?

You guys have just put the cherry on the cfs3 cake.:birthday2

You'll need a beta tester I'm sure! :d
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

bravo....!! bravo.........another juicy target fur jagdwaffe.....apart from that....incredicble skin work...:ernae:
    thnxm8

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

it looks top notch john i see you even have accomidations for the ac light and wing tip fixture.thanks for putting in that much detail

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    A really wonderful model, I wonder how they're going to deal with the flight model so the pilot/gunner can use the appropriate tactics. A bog standard fighter FM wouldn't give the gunner a chance. I've found that out when I've tried to recreate Coastal Command missions where their heavies take on Luftwaffe bombers the FM's don't like it.

Beau

Beau

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

Hi Greg, John,

A brilliant piece of work!!!!
    And what a stamina!

RemcoC

Absolutely BRILLIANT!

awesome guys,thanks greg and john for this outstanding addition to cfs3.

John,

Thanks for sharing.

We need to talk to Greg about letting me add the correct muzzle flashes for each gun and new tracers before release.:d

Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Certainly did! This has been a long time coming .

It looks as good as I ever hoped and in Gregs words it has one of the most detailed (or was it THE most) detailed pits he's done. Can't wait.

That paint-jobs beautiful John. Any ideas at this stage what variants will be made and skinned??
    I like that you've made the prototype a/c, sorry to ask, but will it be made with the correct exhaust stubs?

You guys have just put the cherry on the cfs3 cake.:birthday2

You'll need a beta tester I'm sure! :d
    Clive, this skin wasn't really planned for release, but I will include it, as it looks quite nice! It's my base texture, just stuck the roundles on it to make it look pretty for you, although it is based on one of the later upgraded prototypes, they fitted revised exhaust stacks, and replaced the tail skid with a wheel, and more importantly fitted the turret!:mixedsmi:

Greg has modelled the Mk I Merlin III engine version, so you'll see camo, (I'm on that at the mo) and NF all black schemes. I don't think he's planning any other variants? I'm more than happy to get my hands on this one:d

BTW if you have any info on the Defiant, I'd love to see it, can't have enough info!
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by O-1Driver View Post
    John,

Thanks for sharing.

We need to talk to Greg about letting me add the correct muzzle flashes for each gun and new tracers before release.:d

Steve
    I'm sure he'll be interested Steve:mixedsmi:
    John

Keep it coming!

Thanks for all the comments guy's, I'll show more shots as it progresses:mixedsmi:
    John

Keep it coming!

Wow, simply wonderful work, this is truly great news!!! :ernae:

:ernae::ernae: Bravo !

A much neglected aircraft and a very fine model indeed!

A much neglected aircraft and a fine model indeed!

looks great !!!! another flying target!!!!:d
    :ernae:

Blog Entries
    BTW if you have any info on the Defiant, I'd love to see it, can't have enough info!
    Have you seen the drawings & plans I sent Greg? If not I'll get them to you over the weekend.

Most of the info I have is in the Alec Brew & Mark Ansell books plus I have the old camouflage and markings books so if there's anything in particular you need I'll scan it.

Any chance of something before christmas? :d
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 3