P-38(s) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P-38(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    No. Of course not. It's not REALLY ours.

However, were I to go into the Iris thread and say that we were making an F-16D too (we're not) wouldn't that be just a touch offensive? No? If not, then statement retracted. If so, it stands.

kc
    Hello,
    does anybody know, if SU are also doing a FSX Lightning? I´m asking because the Milviz seems to be a superb model, but the textures look rather gloss dark grey then nature metal (polished aluminium) to me.
    Warplanes weren`t always polished, ok but not gray...

Attachment 8875

Cheers, Thilo
    Seems to me the original poster was asking for the Sky Unlimited P-38.
    Guess he got his answer from Jesse, right?
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    So, without having seen SU's FSX P-38, the FS9 version of which was DCC approved, you have concluded that yours is better? OK, whatever. I'm sure yours is nice. I'm just not sure Cerberus' is worse, just different.

Brian
    FYI, I made the SU model. So yes, we can conclude it is better.

P.S. Competition is good. For the consumer. Remember that. Free economics 101.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    No. Of course not. It's not REALLY ours.

However, were I to go into the Iris thread and say that we were making an F-16D too (we're not) wouldn't that be just a touch offensive? No? If not, then statement retracted. If so, it stands.

kc
    i believe thats what you did!

come on guys
    i understand competition
    there is such a thing as friendly competition
    and i believe Gibbage and DCC worked on both
    just keep it friendly
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
    FYI, I made the SU model. So yes, we can conclude it is better.

P.S. Competition is good. For the consumer. Remember that. Free economics 101.
    Yes, I know you did the SU FS9 version. Conclude what you want, based on whatever information you choose. I'm sure that is has been modified - "(When it is done many things will have been redone including enhanced textures and new custom 3d gauges.)", but not having any dog in this fight, I really don't see any need to get into a pissing match about it.

I also don't have a problem with two or three developers doing the same project. Although it seems to raise tensions somewhat, with this thread having one representative of one the developers tring to exclude discussion about the others aircraft, and the lovely debacle of the F-16 threads. The P-51 thread might not last too long either. Then, when Dirk releases his Super Puma, we can destroy that thread too.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    Then, when Dirk releases his Super Puma, we can destroy that thread too.

Brian

Im glad your keeping things positive!

Anyways, im interested in seeing what Jesse did to my P-38 model, but I can honestly say that unless everything is 100% remodeled, it wont come near to the quality or detail of my new model. Simply put, that model was started on 5/23/2005. I now have over 4 years more experience under my belt. Also, this puts things into perspective, the new model has over 8x the polygons as the SU model and built specifically for FSX.

Ultimately its up to the customer if they want 1.0 with a little bit of lipstick or 2.0.

Sorry Jesse! Competition is competition.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Very disappointed to read some of the above posts from people I held in high esteem, I think some are being over defensive about their wares, the product looks good and should be all the talking required. Very poor cricket when one needs to climb on the back of others to promote their wares.

Competition is good but down right dismissal of others work is sad to see and too arrogant for my delicate tastes.

Best

Michael

Sheesh.... has this gone off track or what?

I have to say, I'm justifiably proud of the work that's gone and is going into the Milviz/FSD P-38. And that's not arrogance... that's fact. If I think that Jesse and his team can't do better, I'm entitled to my opinion just like you gents are entitled to yours. You have no qualms about saying so here and everywhere else. What exactly is different about my having one and saying so? He's a competitor and that's a reason for not having an opinion?

I could have phrased it better and perhaps, likely even, I should have said nothing at all. However, spilt milk and all that.

I'm outta here... maybe I'll go hang out with Yago.

kc

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Competition is good but down right dismissal of others work is sad to see and too arrogant for my delicate tastes.

Best

Michael
    The only person here dismissing anything is me, and im dismissing my own work. Till Jesse puts something up, all I can do is assume its still my work.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Colin, Never mind, it is what it is.

Kevin, Of course you can say what ever you like about your work, I just wouldn't have worded it quite like that, it came across (to me) as mildly dismissive ?, a dialect issue I'm sure.

I'm offically on vacation now to the US in 12 mins, y'all have fun coz I know I will now that STS-128 is delayed until Fri.

Best

Michael

Master of Disaster
    You people need to get over it and move on. The agrument over....."it's too shiny or not shiny enough" is just @#$*)&#(&! If you don't like it use the paint kit and make it as dull or shiny as you like...........:isadizzy: The lack of commen sense and respect around here lately is maddening.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    The lack of commen sense and respect around here lately is maddening.
    Its just something that happens with every warbird release. Some want it like it was in WWII, and some want a museum peace.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Master of Disaster
    Its just something that happens with every warbird release. Some want it like it was in WWII, and some want a museum peace.
    Agreed! That's what paint kits are great for! Aircrews had a lot of pride in the upkeep and maintenance of their aircraft. They'd NEVER intentionally let an aircraft become filthy! Any mechanic knows dirt equals wear which kills the life of engines and parts which makes for more work in the end. Yes foward bases often didn't allow for perfect maintenance, paint becomes dull under harsh sun conditions and mud is everywhere. But it's like a guy with a hot car, he never wants his hotrod to look anything but perfect!

Cerberus
    It wouldn’t be very polite to ignore the original posters direct question to us, and I even took the time to word it in such a way that it would not distract anyone from yours since they most likely would be seeking out a new P-38 in the short term. Needless to say I did not expect to wake up to see my post stirring up any trouble. If I ever posted anything in one of the milviz threads it was only to say nice things. I’ve always been an admirer of Gibbages work, and his new models looks great. In the end I think our new upgrades and low price will reach out to a totally different crowd. I’ve never professed to create the best looking or the most feature rich aircraft, but I think we do release sound products that are priced according to how I think they compare to the market around us.

For example, maybe a user will buy the Milviz version because they think the VC is much better looking. Another user might buy our version because it has a lower price, more variants, and more paint schemes. Our original version had 4 variants and 16 schemes. We all shuffle our development efforts differently. Instead of spending 2 hours on each of those paint schemes or days making an additional variant we could have spent more time working on just the cockpit like some developers and only release 2 variants and 2 paint schemes. In the end I think whatever we release will be well worth the money.

We just got finished this past weekend selling our Texan Package for only $10.48. If someone came out with a better Texan they would be hard pressed to call ours crap when it at such a great price for all that is included with the package. Although we sold it for a price way lower than any competitors I personally think it’s the best Texan package on the market.

Master of Disaster
    You don't outstanding work Cerb.! I'm a fan of the products SU sells and the price you put on them! Keep up the good work!

You don't outstanding work Cerb.!
    I think an edit is required. Heh.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Cerberus
    LOL, wow I destroyed what I thought was two professional relationships with milviz designers, all for saying what I've been saying for over a year, in a thread asking for news on our product. I've been saying the same thing to the countless emails I get asking for news on our P-38.

I haven’t laid claim to this thread because Chucks and Gibbages posts about the texture enhancements did pertain to the original posters question for me. Though I think I had even more right to respond with what I did. The results seem straight out of some kind of dream world. Totally unbelievable and out of the realm of the professionalism I have experienced while working in FS. I'm a mere 24 years old with tons to learn and I've been ashamed of all of the irrational behavior and responses I have seen popping up here from many different parties. I know times are tough and everyone is stressed, but I guess profit has been put before friendship, since both Chuck and Colin I considered friends for over a year now. I never once tried to distract anyone from their work or try to undermine their work with the goal of profit. I even sent Colin an instant message when he started his P-38 letting him know we were working on upgrading our P-38 as well. He never replied back. I even told Gibbage about it as soon as I heard they were starting a new P-38. So Colin knew I was working on one since the very beginning of their project. What a nice friend I was for giving them a warning when Colin was planning to create a product that would undermine my own work and steal money away from me when they could have chosen something else to work on, but I personally don't care about a loss in profits on what started out as a update. I honestly wanted them to succeed mainly because of Gibbage whom I still consider a close friend and was happy that Colin has been able to pay him the money he needed when I wasn't able to. With all things considered I hope everyone does not let the actions in this thread take away from Gibbages great work, a party I still consider innocent from this negative behavior.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Very sorry for airing dirty laundry. I guess I'm still in a state of shock, and I have two fewer friends to talk to about it now.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

This sorta applys

Why don't we just all live by the golden rule, sing a strain of Kumbaya, and then just get back to blowing each others brains out!!!:iidea:
    Cant we all just get along!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is becoming insane!
    What the hill is happening?
    Jesse while i agree with you
    i do not like to see peoples dirty laundry
    I did not like seeing Colin's in other posts
    this is no laundromat
    in my opinion you were the perfect gent
    it seems to me every thread about a new release
    from whoever gets lambasted
    its Crazy.
    A war between designers
    in all my time online for the past 10 years
    ive never seen this
    are we becoming a pack of wolves ?
    im totally confused:isadizzy:
    H

Sign of the times H. Less business means that every cent is scrabbled and scratched for.
    However this sort of unpleasantness is uncalled for and let us not forget what the starter post asked for, details of the SU P38. This topic was ridden over rough shod and I believe Jesse held his cool with good demeanour.
    There needs to be respect not only for individuals but for the nature of this forum.
    There needs to discipline, understanding and mutual respect; without it this place descends into chaos.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I've been holding my tongue for many months, and I'll continue to do so for the most part. But it has to be said that some folk here are really making it difficult and I resent that. When the SOH FSX forum first started out it was a really pleasant environment to hang out, but more and more recently I've been deleting more of my own posts (prior to posting) than I've actually managed to post. When you have to seriously moderate yourself on a constant basis, something is wrong.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Hi everyone, I`m really shocked!
    I never expected, that my thumb question would cause such bad situation.
    Jessi, i just want to excuse myself for holding back so long, but I´m very insecure about my english and total unaware of facts like, which people did which planes together in the past...
    So, I hope this thread falls asleep now.

Sorry, Thilo

Master of Disaster
    I think an edit is required. Heh.

That's BEYOND uncalled for!! I'm finding it hard to hold my tongue!! I'd suggest an appology or explanation before a "reputation" is destroyed, ie yours!

That's BEYOND uncalled for!! I'm finding it hard to hold my tongue!! I'd suggest an appology or explanation before a "reputation" is destroyed, ie yours!
    Re-read what you posted very carefully. Let me help you.

"You don't outstanding work Cerb"
    I THINK you meant to say "You DO outstanding work Cerb" and not "You DONT". Am I correct?

Is my reputation still in tact?
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Master of Disaster
    Re-read what you posted very carefully. Let me help you.

I THINK you meant to say "You DO outstanding work Cerb" and not "You DONT". Am I correct?

Is my reputation still in tact?
    So you think its funny to point out someones spelling error? Seems to me something was changed. My statement stands! The attitude displayed in this thread is very unprofessional in my opinion. I hope this meets your spelling requirement.

People, please calm down a bit...
    Can we please return to the subject ? I believe the topicstarter has got his answer by now, from both parties *cough*. It's about time that moderators intervene, I reckon.
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

Members who have read this thread: 0