Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Madman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Anyone know how to sell ships? I have too many. arrgh.. Difficult to keep 4 big heavies running freight manually and I still have about 4 or more other birds just sitting.
    Just tell them to fly to the shipyard. After they land you should have the option to repair or sell them. Don't fly them there yourself though......because then you won't have a ride home.

A friendly reminder about repairing your ship. You DO NOT have to pay to get it done, simply get out of your craft and 'shoot' it with your repair laser.

That will save you a TON of cash if you didn't already know.

Madman
    Excellent point Marlin!!! I'm still playing Reunion so no free repairs for me.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Some basic points on flying in this game.

* To save a game in slots 1 through 7, you need to dock at a station. Each time you dock at a station, the game 'auto-saves' in its own auto-save slots. So if you are killed in space and havent saved in a while, you lose all that data and earnings, etc. (Cant backtrack to that one point). Reminds me of Gmax, heh heh...

* Always use 'Autopilot' to dock at stations. You can access the sector map via the > key and then scroll down to the station you wish to dock at, click Enter to access a mini menu on that station, click Info to learn what its selling, etc, then Escape / Enter again to rebring the mini menu back up, and select Autopilot / Dock at station option.

You can use J key (jump drive / SETA engine) to speed it up.

There are tons of things to learn when you fly through a sector, by clicking on the many icons that show next to stations. Money symbols are business opportunities, lights are 'something to learn, etc', green bricks are a building type scenario, and target thing is a assasin job usually. There are sometimes many messages and opportunities on a single station, so though it has one icon showing, it may have multiples available of all types.

If you haul some things for money (like with the Mercury hauler ship), try running Ore for funds. Find a station selling it for 50 credits, and find a location to sell it at for around 145 to well over 200. The missile factories will sometimes need ore and will pay perhaps 260 at times, but rarely. Taladianium factories will always pay 145 for it all day long, so if you want to make some good money, do a number of Taladiadium ore runs and you will bring up some good funds.

Sometimes Silicon Wafers do well, but you can fill up the factories and they do not go through it as fast as ore, so you may wish to fluctuate.

Energy units are good even though they are cheap. Selling a ship load of them will bring in some funds.

Get the Jump Drive from that sector just south of Argon Prime. Go to the huge mining headquarters to purchase the system. Its expensive, but well worth it. You should be able to get SETA Boost there also.

Get all your engines and rudder and cargo bay tuned up and upgraded and maxxed out soon. It really helps. You can really improve the speeds which your ships manuvere at.

When you start getting good at it, start buying Nav Relay Satellites and place them in sectors you wish to monitor prices at. Buy one, fly to a sector, go to the middle of the system where it will be able to be in range of all available stations, and go to Freight/Nav Relay Sat/Jettison Set Quantity/Eject 1, and launch it. Be moving when you do or it comes back into your cargo bay. After that, leave the sector and double click on the sector via the Universe map using the < key. Double click on that, then on a station, and you should see the prices instead of question marks.

See your doctor concerning any addiction reactions. There are some good meds out these days to help with that. Support groups as well.. I may need to start attending one..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Well folks I am back from my road trip, I survived the Nurses (or they survived me, take your pick) and I have to get back into space Asap... Bill thanks so much I found a wonderful surprise when I walked in a nice US Postal Service box... Oh boy Oh Boy, I am exhausted but sleep can wait, I have to load up TC first.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Well folks I am back from my road trip, I survived the Nurses (or they survived me, take your pick) and I have to get back into space Asap... Bill thanks so much I found a wonderful surprise when I walked in a nice US Postal Service box... Oh boy Oh Boy, I am exhausted but sleep can wait, I have to load up TC first.

I am thinking we will not hear from Mike for a few days... At least until he runs low on Oxygen, Energy Units, and 'Jet Fuel' (heh).

Happy flying... or warp jumping.. and exploring...

and trading..

and empire building..

and...

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014

X3TC Update Build 2.5 out

Hey all,

I didnt know this until the other night. Update 2.5 is out. You can download it here;
    http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/patches_en.php

Look for the gold 'download' tab below the top paragraph.

Alot of repairs and things were carried out to the stations.

I had thought the 'Check for Updates' button on the startup mini panel would work for this, collecting updates, but apparently not.

Happy flying!

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Question; In Orders/Command Console/Trade/Start Sector Trader Does this mean that the ship automatically goes around doing automatic trading and making funds?

Question; In Orders/Command Console/Trade/Start Sector Trader Does this mean that the ship automatically goes around doing automatic trading and making funds?
    Bill I have to thank you again for finding TC for me, I really appreciate it. I searched everywhere up here and it was nowhere to be found, it is amazing! I did not expect it to be all that much different from Reunion, but I have to say it is a major change there are lots of new sectors to explore and the new ships the Terran sectors are awsome.

I am having a ball exploring, and I finally am able to try some of the Apricot Mapping Service Mods which are excellent. If you have not run across the AMS Mods and scripts I highly recommend them, there is an Alternate Start which gives you a small fleet and a small amount of credits to begin with, a bit better position to start the game. I always found it a nusance when you had to start from scratch in ongoing games like this, I have a huge fleet and a sizable bank account in Reunion so starting from scratch in the latest version even though I have worked so very hard already made it a PITA.

I did notice one major difference fairly quickly, I had never had a problem at Jump gates, getting creamed and blown to space dust if I hung around after a jump - I really see now why you were saying to get out of the way as soon as you exit a gate, that is an understatement I created so much space junk the first few hours it was a virtual Gig's Space Junk yard up there...lol

I am off to start the story line today to see where that takes me, wish me luck, I probably need it...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Mike,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Yes, hanging around in front of the gate will turn your ship into spare parts fast. I once came through a jump and a giant supership coming through the other side was blown up right next to me. Couldnt believe it.

I also noticed that AI and Auto Pilot ships 'enter' a gate from odd angles along the sides. I finally realised they must be doing that to keep from being hit by incoming ships.

I tried Sector Trading last night (ships are supposed to go out and auto-trade in a chosen sector), but no revenue showed up that was very considerable.. I also finally got Commodity Logistics working, and couldnt really figure it out. I will play around with it again tonight and see if I can get it working better. The ship I had it assigned to just sat at stations. Alot to it...

My aim is to have a bunch of freighters out working the entire NW hemisphere of the Galaxy. Thats the plan.

Later last night, I then explored the Terran system (while the fleet was in Sector trade), and again found no way to dock at Terran stations. I looked for ways to purchase licenses and things that might allow me to dock at Terran stations. Found nothing....

I am surely missing something. What I am hoping 'not' has to happen, is that I do not have to join the story plot to access the Terran sectors.

Yes, the Terran ships and stations are way awesome!!!! I have a Baldric class Terran multi-purpose ship that is BRILLIANT! Carries a ton of cargo and has extreme performances. I send it on remote shipping runs and it reports in as soon as I launch it, lol.. I highly recommend it.

There is a Russian X3 website that has alot of data on the game. I keep going there for information. For instance, in Screenshots / Pictures of Ships, you can track down what ships are what, their performances, pictures, etc. There is also a X3TC map, which I use alot. It is here; http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_screenshots/

Another ship I recommend that is half people hauler and has a small amount of trunk space for Energy Cells is the Split Iguanna Vanguard. After updates and super tune, that thing does well over 1,000 M/S. Great for doing runs through pirate and Xenon sectors.

So.. I wonder how you get into Xenon territories that have no gates? There must be an alternate jump technology to get us in there..

Bill

i just bought X3: TC from Steam! (i actually didn't even know it was sold on Steam...saw it by accident when buying another game today).

It's downloading now...only 10% (this game must be huge...as in Gig wise...the other game i bought, Race On, is almost done downloading...lol)

I do hope i can enjoy this game w/out modding it or adding scripts. FS9 already is enough trouble to keep up to date w/ mods

Also, can you get far in this game by "playing bad?" Such as playing a pirate? It seems to be designed more for people who like to play w/ the economical side (i do this enough in real life....want to avoid it when playing a game.haha)

but i guess i'll find out in a few hours...

ps. Tried the looping demo (not playable) earlier while waiting for the d/l....man, the graphics are awesome!

back to youtube watching others play this while i wait...steam is slow today....

bill you should get a commission for getting at least a few people here to buy this game....(never heard of this series until it was mentioned in this thread). Oh, i actually bought the bundle pack (same price as the stand-alone...weird). Thus it also comes with X3: Reunion. Tho i heard Reunion is not as good as TC?

-feng

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Feng,

Welcome aboard maity! harrr

Yes, there are alot of pirates and you can do the 'bad things' like hauling 'jet fuel' (alcohol). Evidently you cannot haul jet fuel in space, so the space police can get you. (Yes, there are tons of little fighters that run around scanning ships for illegal contraband, so be careful).

I played it for weeks and didnt use the cheats. I had a blast. So no worries there.

Get the SETA drive as soon as possible. Operate by clicking J key. Basically it just speeds up system travel. You can get that at the local free trade station.

When you first start exploring, you will be freaked out.. The amount of planets is messmerizing.. You will be a jump-gate-finder-addict for a while. A small hint on finding jump gates that are hiding; Go through a jump gate, and head straight to the next side of the system. Sometimes they face each other, so you can find opposite sides faster (if it has a gate on the other side).

Save your game at stations. No other way...

Have fun!

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post

Also, can you get far in this game by "playing bad?" Such as playing a pirate? It seems to be designed more for people who like to play w/ the economical side (i do this enough in real life....want to avoid it when playing a game.haha)

-feng
    Some of the other things you can play in the game is military and or Exploration. With the Military, it can get pretty wild. You can set up Wingman ships, drones, you can board ships, have marine boarding parties. You can select which bases to target and extinguish. (Some are pretty resiliant). Tons of diff things to do...

Bill

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    The gate / collision problem is a real pain. Not only do you lose ships but your reputation in that sector can be ruined......just because some idiot ran into you.
    To ease that problem, I went ahead and turned on the "Unlimited Salvage Insurance" cheat. This allows you to save a game anytime, anyplace. You don't have to dock at a station.
    Now I just save the game right before I go thru a gate.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Oh Bill, I am enjoying this soo much, I really like X3 Reunion, it is an excellent game and this is a supurb addition to the X-Universe. I did resort to the Appricot Mod right off the start with this one, it is such a PITA starting from scratch when I had done so much work in Reunion, at least I have a few decent ships and some credits to work with doing it this way.

Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep, if you contact one of the stations that has the light bulb around it there will be someone on the station to talk to and take a job from, you have to complete a few I would expect, but that should do it.

I am now going back to reconfig my stick and game pad, I am having real problems with the throttle on the X52 and it is driving me nuts...

Oh and Feng the game is just under 8 gig, and make sure you get the 2.5 update, if it is not included in the download it adds some nice stuff.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some of the other things you can play in the game is military and or Exploration. With the Military, it can get pretty wild. You can set up Wingman ships, drones, you can board ships, have marine boarding parties. You can select which bases to target and extinguish. (Some are pretty resiliant). Tons of diff things to do...

Bill
    This seems to be the current path I'm on. Not a moneymaker like you folks, (unless you are scanning ships for Space Fuel), but pretty fun. :cost1:
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    [QUOTE=gigabyte;281423]
    Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep,QUOTE]

Yep............. 2 or 3 easy fighter missions will do it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    [QUOTE=luckydog;281425]
    Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep,QUOTE]

Yep............. 2 or 3 easy fighter missions will do it.

Cool! Many thanks.. I have been going crazy wondering whats on those stations, lol..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Anything cool happen with anyone last night in the deep reaches of Argon, the Terran sector, Taladi Prime, or any other interesting star systems?

I tried doing some things with the Terrans. Messed up both times. arrgh.. Not allowed to dock yet.

I did find the Mars gate though and zipped through their system as they were going to open fire on me for not being 'allowed' in that sector.. :d Thankfully, the Iguanna is about as fast as the Falcon!

Bill

believe it or not, steam is still downloading it!! A lot of new games were released last week (borderlands, torchlight, etc), so the steam servers are packed! I've never seen d/l speeds so slow.

good thing is, it's at 96%...yeah..so i'm gonna play it tonight after work (and it's already the 2.5 version)

been playing the other stuff i bought off of steam tho. Race On + GTR Evolution is awesome! Great racing game! Also got Borderlands...pretty fun game.....it's like an arcade and cartoony version of Fallout 3....

-feng

Anything cool happen with anyone last night in the deep reaches of Argon, the Terran sector, Taladi Prime, or any other interesting star systems?

I tried doing some things with the Terrans. Messed up both times. arrgh.. Not allowed to dock yet.

I did find the Mars gate though and zipped through their system as they were going to open fire on me for not being 'allowed' in that sector.. :d Thankfully, the Iguanna is about as fast as the Falcon!

Bill
    Bill I have logged 27.5 hours so far and having a ball, I am doing quite well with the Terrans, I joined up with the story line in Omicron Lyrae, the first couple of missions are very easy. Once you complete the first mission you get docking permission in most of the terran space, after about the 3rd you get access to the rest as far as I can tell (I have not been to all the terran sectors yet). I will tell you one thing the terran's pay well many missions are 100-200K with the kill bonuses, and I am finding numerous abandonded ships to claim and sell which adds to the profit nicely. I just picked up a carrier with the profit from the last 5 missions, some of the ships I sold brought in good profit.. Oh here is a good tip, if you find and claim a ship when you take it to resell, if it need repairs do that before you sell it, I just sold a Luxry people transport, it needed 3800 worth of repairs, I decided to see what difference it would make and after I repaired the thing the credits I got for the sale doubled, froom 124K to over 250K, that seems a little out of balance but I am not complaining.

I really need sleep now, this thing is addictive, and I have to work in the AM... I hate it when that happens...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill I have logged 27.5 hours so far and having a ball, I am doing quite well with the Terrans, I joined up with the story line in Omicron Lyrae, the first couple of missions are very easy. Once you complete the first mission you get docking permission in most of the terran space, after about the 3rd you get access to the rest as far as I can tell (I have not been to all the terran sectors yet). I will tell you one thing the terran's pay well many missions are 100-200K with the kill bonuses, and I am finding numerous abandonded ships to claim and sell which adds to the profit nicely. I just picked up a carrier with the profit from the last 5 missions, some of the ships I sold brought in good profit.. Oh here is a good tip, if you find and claim a ship when you take it to resell, if it need repairs do that before you sell it, I just sold a Luxry people transport, it needed 3800 worth of repairs, I decided to see what difference it would make and after I repaired the thing the credits I got for the sale doubled, froom 124K to over 250K, that seems a little out of balance but I am not complaining.

I really need sleep now, this thing is addictive, and I have to work in the AM... I hate it when that happens...

Thanks Mike for the advice. I will certainly check that out. Only makes sense to soup up the ship for sale, just like a used car.

I tried 2 runs with the Terrans and Ive been blown up by the erm... 'Kah ahk' lol..
    oh well.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    I think what I'll do tonight is load up on some missles and go out and blow up some asteroids as target practice. I get flustered in a furball. Not totally familiar with the battle systems..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    I had some fun last night. I was in the Terran sectors, doing little jobs. One was following a guy that was sneaking confidential data off to a secret base. I would follow him through jump gates, then go hide and watch from within Terran stations. I would carefully fly up into a structure and park the craft near the hull of a giant super station, hidden down in between modules.

Was pretty cool idling around in and around these huge structures.

So much dang detail its incredible... I wonder how long it took these guys to make all of this stuff in this game???

Bill

I had some fun last night. I was in the Terran sectors, doing little jobs. One was following a guy that was sneaking confidential data off to a secret base. I would follow him through jump gates, then go hide and watch from within Terran stations. I would carefully fly up into a structure and park the craft near the hull of a giant super station, hidden down in between modules.

Was pretty cool idling around in and around these huge structures.

So much dang detail its incredible... I wonder how long it took these guys to make all of this stuff in this game???

Bill
    That's what I've been doing, although lately I'm getting the feeling Pirates don't like me much anymore.

Yeah it really is incredible. There is no reason for someone to get bored with this. I can easily switch careers and become a miner, or merchant...
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt