Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Okay, I want this game!

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey WH,

Just remember, if you do get this game, its huge. There are too many things to do. You will feel lost for a week trying to figure out what the heck everything is, like Cahoona's or Taladianium or magnetic rail guns.... You will have to figure out how to dock with stations, dodge pirate craft, learn to sniff out the jump gate rings in various systems...

So you are warned..... This is tough. Be skirrrrrrrd!

I believe those planets and nebulaes in the background are more like wallpaper. I can head to a planet like I am going to re-enter the atmosphere, and it doesnt appear to get closer. It does do a number on my stomach though, heading towards a station with a gigantic planet in the background with clouds gently moving accross the landscape below... Motion sickness or something...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Madman
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I've got all the trade extensions (incuding the MK 3 ) but still can't figure out how to remote trade.....
    LD
    Do you have a trading system extension installed on your Discoverer? If yes, you can order your freighters to dock at any station (provided you're on good terms with the owner) to trade. After the freighter docks, you should have an option to trade with the station available when you open up the freighter's command console.

Lionheart, You can approach some planets......IIRC there's a planet just north of the north gate in Split Fire (south of Elena's Fortune).......fly north past the north gate and you should start getting warnings about "entering atmosphere"; keep going and your ship will start to shake and shudder........your shields will begin to collapse.......and then so will your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk_2009 View Post
    Okay, I want this game!

WH
    GoGamer has a pretty good deal on it. My copy came in today but I will not start playing it till Christmas since it is one of my gifts.

Besides in a few more months I would almost bet some of our folks start making ships for it. A modified P-38 might make a great space fighter.
    Some of my favorite sites,

Dog rescue, Mostly Dalmatians and Beagles
    http://www.rockyspot.org/index.php

Big cat rescue, Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my!
    http://www.gwpark.org/

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I was just thinking......

If you were to have a 'Light Speed Nav Computer' console... and you could tell it to 'jump' to a star system...

then...

You add a lengthened 'worm hole effect' (stars turning to lines, passing by with some cloudy effects, etc), that lasts about 10 seconds or so, and lasts longer for longer distance jumps, you would then have something so darn close to Star Wars, it wouldnt be funny.

The trick is to have the jumps built into the console instead of the jump rings.

Also, how would you discover the other systems if you have to jump to them first? That would have to be figured out.

Also, if you could land on planets and could fly/drive speeders, that would be 50% of the game right there....

Freedom! Freedom to fly where you wanted too.. Hyper jumps to other star systems, visit Correscant, Tatooine, etc...

Oh man!

Bill
    Bill, there is a Jump Drive that can be purchased at the Gonner Temple, which will allow you to jump to any known sector, (the effects aren't great but it is cool to jump 5 or 6 sectors in one shot) as long as you have mapped it or bought the sector maps from a trader. That is one of the main reasons I went off trading and decided to try my hand at Exploring. What a BLAST, I have mapped 140+ systems on my own, and I found 4 free ships so far. I just found the ultimate exploration ship, the Starburst, if you tweak it up the top speed is over 1100 KM, which is faster than any Pitate or Xeon, only problem is I tend to bump into asteroids and stations... brought a whole new meaning to Save Game, Save Game OFTEN. I am learning to control it better now, and it is a fun little rig, the other draw back is it is a racer, so small cargo bay and NO weapons, but it is fun when you are in safe sectors.

Oh Bill a while back you posted about storing cargo, I have bought ships and just parked them at stations with a full cargo hold until I found a place to sell it, it works, but you are risking the ship and cargo if the station gets destroyed, and you need credits to buy ships. The other thing you can do is build a station, (a trading station has lots of room but mega bucks are needed for those). When you get your own station if you want to stock and hold any commodity, just bring it to your station and offload, then set the sell price very high so no one will buy it, stock all you want and when it is time to sell fill up your transports and sell it where ever the price is right for you. As you can see it is kind of like real life, you have to figure out what will work for you and choose your own path, except in real life there is no save game and going back to do things over, now that would be neat...

There is talk of an X3 Super box which will include the 3 games and a collection of add on mods, now that I am looking forward to. I am still searching for a copy of X3 TC, I have reunion, but I like the look of TC very much, it is sold out now so I am watching all the used game shops but no luck so far...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

GoGamer has X3 for 12 bucks on a 48 hour madness sale .

I was too impatient after reading through this thread and downloaded it with steam last night.

I have been lurking in these forums and it is funny that a non airplane thread is what got me to sign up for the forums.

Can't wait to try it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    Thanks for the HU

I have been trying to create an account to order X3 Terrian Conflict, but for some reason it will not allow me to enter any Canadian province... I sent a message to customer service, hopefully this will get me set up I see a couple of titles I would like and they apparently do ship to Canada, I guess it is wait and see...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Thanks for the HU

I have been trying to create an account to order X3 Terrian Conflict, but for some reason it will not allow me to enter any Canadian province... I sent a message to customer service, hopefully this will get me set up I see a couple of titles I would like and they apparently do ship to Canada, I guess it is wait and see...
    Any update....did you get the deal?

By the way, I stumbled upon this last night and it seems to be a pretty nice, free open source alternative to X3 (or Freelancer).
    http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

SOH-CM-2014

I was too impatient after reading through this thread and downloaded it with steam last night.

I have been lurking in these forums and it is funny that a non airplane thread is what got me to sign up for the forums.

Can't wait to try it when I get home.

$12.00!!!! I cant believe it... What a deal.

I have been trying to make money on Taladianium, but find myself selling more ore to them (the refineries that produce the material) then actually making sales on the material itself, lol.. Taking a jump from Argon Prime to Ceo's Buckpoint (or whatever that system is called), takes a while going through all the gates. Sure would be nice to find the Jump Drive and get that working. Then I would be in proper Star Trek mode! lol...

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Any update....did you get the deal?
    Unfortunatly no I can't order through them they will not ship to Canada, so I will have to wait for the Super Box or hope to find a copy of TC in a used game shop, bummer... But I am still getting plenty of enjoyment from Reunion so I am not in a huge hurry.

I have tried a few other online sites in Canada but no one seems to stock TC any longer.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

$12.00!!!! I cant believe it... What a deal.

I have been trying to make money on Taladianium, but find myself selling more ore to them (the refineries that produce the material) then actually making sales on the material itself, lol.. Taking a jump from Argon Prime to Ceo's Buckpoint (or whatever that system is called), takes a while going through all the gates. Sure would be nice to find the Jump Drive and get that working. Then I would be in proper Star Trek mode! lol...

Bill
    Bill I said I would not publish spoilers, but this is not really a spoiler because the Jump drive is easy to find, if you are reading the bulletin board messages when you dock at the stations it is advertised fairly often. The Jump Drive is sold at the Goner Temple which is in Cloudbase South West. I have it on one of my Super Freighters and my Gunship, it does make a huge difference when you want to bypass a hostile sector or get somewhere quickly.

BTW, keep a close watch on the Station bulletin boards, I have done more BB missions than I have trading and some of these are quite profitable for short hops, especially the passanger transport missions. I made enough doing BB missions to build my fleet now I am starting to do some serious trading.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    By the way, I stumbled upon this last night and it seems to be a pretty nice, free open source alternative to X3 (or Freelancer).
    http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
    Bjoern, that is a great game, it is based on the old Wing Commander / Privateer engine (greatly enhanced) and has been an ongoing community project for a few years now. I have been playing it off and on for a few years as well, Vegastrike is not quite up to X3, but the game play is very close, the learning curve is not nearly as steep and the controls are not as complex. There are also a few other variations on that engine, Vega Trek (based on Star Trek of course) and another that is based on Battle Star Galactia ships - I don't recall the actual name right now. With the wide open universe and excellent graphics it is an excellent game not to mention the fact that you can't beat the price "Free" and Gig likes Free

There are a couple of Privateer remakes out there to, basically reworking of the old graphics to modern up to date quality, one is Privateer Gold, and I forget the other, I have both on my other system but have not played either in some time, as you can tell I am a bit of a space junkie, and anything from the Wing Commanger/Privateer series will grab my attention real quick.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill I said I would not publish spoilers, but this is not really a spoiler because the Jump drive is easy to find, if you are reading the bulletin board messages when you dock at the stations it is advertised fairly often. The Jump Drive is sold at the Goner Temple which is in Cloudbase South West. I have it on one of my Super Freighters and my Gunship, it does make a huge difference when you want to bypass a hostile sector or get somewhere quickly.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Dommo arrigatto, gozi-mash tah!

<-- bows humbly

BTW, keep a close watch on the Station bulletin boards, I have done more BB missions than I have trading and some of these are quite profitable for short hops, especially the passanger transport missions. I made enough doing BB missions to build my fleet now I am starting to do some serious trading.

Roger that. I am getting frustrated now and then by the low profits and trying to find buyers for Taladianium. I can do the airline pilot thing. Done it before. :d I would love to have one of those super freighters.

Speaking of which, those green alien super freighters are quite nice. I wonder if I can buy one?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Gigabyte,

Well, there isnt a Goner Temple anymore in X3. I searched the entire sector like a British Cruiser looking for a Type XX1 sub and didnt find a thing except asteroids. No Temple. I looked in CB NW and CB SE as well. Nothing.

Might be something I find later? Time released?

I'll keep looking. Perhaps X3 is a bit diff from the one you have. I'll have to check out the message boards online and see.

I kind of freaked out tonight. I lost my place in the game. I hadnt played in a while and found none of my star systems I found in the past month were there. I thought, what in the world???? I lost everything? Virus attack? Woooot happened?? Then I found my 'Load Game' list was far different numbered then my sticky I have here on my iMac... arrgh. Found my last save, and was back in business.

<--- wipes sweat from forehead and sweeps graying ejected eyebrows from desk

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Found it via a Google search.. System of Light, found it at the Free Station. Travelled 3 systems to get the cells for it, and jumped back to Argon Prime in 4 long seconds.....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of which, those green alien super freighters are quite nice. I wonder if I can buy one?

Bill
    Bill you can buy almost any ship if you have the credits and your rep is good enough with the race that sells it. Just dock at a shipyard and if the ship is not red you can buy it, if it is listed in red your reputation is not good enough yet and "Trade restrictions are in effect". The other nice thing about doing the BB missions is many of them if completed in time and successfully will help raise your rep and pay a nice fee in the bargan. The other tip I can give you about reputation, when you see the BB notices for handouts, (orphaned children etc) if you make a donation your reputation will increase with that race, which is handy if you really want to climb the ladder with a particular race.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Found it via a Google search.. System of Light, found it at the Free Station. Travelled 3 systems to get the cells for it, and jumped back to Argon Prime in 4 long seconds.....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That "Warp" engine is a nice rig... just love mine
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh my God, this game has me. I was up till 2:30 am playing and had to get up at 6:00am. I am thinking about making another install and modding the heck out of it.

Been playing the fighter story line and having fun.

SOH-CM-2014
    Oh my God, this game has me. I was up till 2:30 am playing and had to get up at 6:00am. I am thinking about making another install and modding the heck out of it.

Been playing the fighter story line and having fun.

Oh man, I'll bet that is wild. Here I am only hauling freight. Havent even thought of doing fighter flights.

Whats cool is with twist joysticks, you can rotate on the Z axis (like a barrel roll) which makes aligning with stations or planets easy and better on your mind for navigating with a up/down visual. (I never knew being in space could be so freaky on the senses.. So totally different from flying in an atmosphere).

For anyone that hasnt used a Jump Drive, you basically;

* Click Shift - J
    * Select the system from the map
    * A voice calls out 'Jump Drive System Charging; 10%, 30%, 60%, (etc)
    * Then you go through the worm hole and Bing! You arrive at a gate zone at your selected star system location.

I need to do a few runs and count how many batteries (energy cells) I use at each type of main jump.

I noted last night, going through some systems, (before I got JD), that some ships are moving like UFO's.. Lightning fast. They must have what Gigabyte has for a ship and engine.... arrgh. Very fast..

Bill

Bill, unless the stats have changed in TC the cost of a jump is 5 energy cells / sector, and if you look closely you will see the total number of cells required on the sector selection screen before you commit to the jump.

And those fast ships, there are at least 2 ships in Reunion that are capible of over 1100 KM if you add the engine tuneup, one is the free Starburst (the raceer which can't hold any weapons) and the Teldi Harrier Vangard which according to one of the posts I read is capible of almost 2000 km - I would never be able to keep from bumping into asteroids with that thing. I have seen the Vangard but my Rep is not quite good enough yet with the Teldi to purchase it, soon though soon. There are also a number of 500 km plus ships (I have 4 I use as escorts for my super freighter) these are great space superiorty fighters, fast and they can carry a nice wep loadout so real handy in a pirate sector when you are trying to get a good cargo through. They do make good exploration ships as well, you can outrun most of the pirates if you don't want to waste time and get on with the exploration.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill, unless the stats have changed in TC the cost of a jump is 5 energy cells / sector, and if you look closely you will see the total number of cells required on the sector selection screen before you commit to the jump.

And those fast ships, there are at least 2 ships in Reunion that are capible of over 1100 KM if you add the engine tuneup, one is the free Starburst (the raceer which can't hold any weapons) and the Teldi Harrier Vangard which according to one of the posts I read is capible of almost 2000 km - I would never be able to keep from bumping into asteroids with that thing. I have seen the Vangard but my Rep is not quite good enough yet with the Teldi to purchase it, soon though soon. There are also a number of 500 km plus ships (I have 4 I use as escorts for my super freighter) these are great space superiorty fighters, fast and they can carry a nice wep loadout so real handy in a pirate sector when you are trying to get a good cargo through. They do make good exploration ships as well, you can outrun most of the pirates if you don't want to waste time and get on with the exploration.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up and information.

I guess hyper jumps are more expensive in X3. Jumping from Ceos Buckzoid to Argon Prime is around 80+ Energy Cells or EC's. A 2 system jump from Ceo's B. to Queens Space is 10 EC's, which is quite a bit. (Figure 12 Credits each at 10, jumping both ways, thats 240 Cr's for a round trip 2 system jump. Might be worth it to use SETA drive more on short hauls and only use the Hyper Jump Drive on long hauls).

I really need a bigger freighter.. That wild green super freighter I have been wanting is Boron class. (Found out this morning. Woke up early and did a couple of freight runs and experimented with costs of hyper jumps).

Bill

My favorite ship is my Skate. You can haul some stuff, it is fast and can shoot almost all the guns for a bit before depleting the energy supply.

SOH-CM-2014
    Very cool Marlin. I'll have to look that one up. As a matter of fact, I need to loop up all ships, it seems. I need to learn what they all look like.

Just purchased a Mako for a stealing deal. I was passing through Kingdom of Light system, and the ship yard offered me a Mako, used, high mileage, for 10K! nice.... Only did 44MS, lol.. After repair to the hull, engine tune, and SETA drive, she is now doing 208 MS (or KMS) and is a pretty wild ride.

Its an alien Boron craft, apparently a single seater and very wild looking. I am attaching some pics of it.

I feel like a kid again that just bought a used Fiat X/1-9. :d

Anyone recommend a type of Super Freighter and where to get one? Seems the largest ones are always out of stock in the places I am looking for them at.

Bill