Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Here are some basic price limits newbies should go by;

Product Buy Sell

I found some interesting deals last night that exceeded those prices... Shop around...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Thanks Mike for the info!

That Discoverer hauls 'boot'! I can shoot straight through systems in it. I got the engine tuned to the max, so she is cooking at around 260 m/s. The Mercury only does about 97 m/s.

I finally found up/dn/right/left thrusters (no rotation, only sideways movements). A,D,S,W keys, for those that are beginning. Now, after undocking from a station, I hit the S key for a short while and the ship moves straight down away from all the structural area's.

Which reminds me, I almost collided with another freighter that was leaving the same port, lol.. I kept waiting for him to manuvere. Bad timing..

Bill
    Bill Just wait, once you get your credits built up head into the Boron systems, when you find one of their ship yards grab a Mako Sentenial or an Opus Vanguard, if you like Firepower you want the Mako, it can be loaded for bear, the speed is reasonable (over 200 M/S), but it can carry some serious weps. If you want speed grab an Opus, it is not very expensive, under 80K and talk about speed, if you tune it up you can get close to 500 M/S. That is one of the scout class ships, I am using it right now to explore with, not too heavly armed just a couple of lasers, but if you run into a heavy Pirate pack you can beat the feat and get clear with no problem, nothing can keep up with that little puppy.
    See ya around the Stars...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Bill Just wait, once you get your credits built up head into the Boron systems, when you find one of their ship yards grab a Mako Sentenial or an Opus Vanguard, if you like Firepower you want the Mako, it can be loaded for bear, the speed is reasonable (over 200 M/S), but it can carry some serious weps. If you want speed grab an Opus, it is not very expensive, under 80K and talk about speed, if you tune it up you can get close to 500 M/S. That is one of the scout class ships, I am using it right now to explore with, not too heavly armed just a couple of lasers, but if you run into a heavy Pirate pack you can beat the feat and get clear with no problem, nothing can keep up with that little puppy.
    See ya around the Stars...lol

Hey Mike,

Awesome man! Thanks for the info. I will look for it. I'll go to one of the ship yards and window shop, lol...

I found the Teridian stars last night, far North by NorthWest. Very wierd territory. No hits by pirates yet, thank goodness.. One chase me but couldnt keep up. I was in the Discoverer though. (I got the hull repaired finally).

See you out there.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014

Different worlds of x3

Hey all,

I thought I would post some of the tons of planets that I am finding in this huge game. I cant believe them all. Some I am thinking are shared, like a sector might be on one side of a world, and a station is on the other side as well, so you can gate to the other side..

Some places I gated too were basically Nebula's, like being in a red or green cloud.. Some places are heavy with tons of asteroids.. Some are almost nothing..

Some planets are either pretty huge (fills the screen) or you are in low orbit. Seeing the clouds move, detail on the terrain, and floating around in a 3 axis condition can get my stomach upset, lol.. I kid you not.

Wild game.

Note; the Tan planet really struck me. Its like a version of Mars and Dune (Arrakis). Hardly any clouds, tons of dunes, all sand.. Mars is red though, like Oklahoma... :d

SOH-CM-2014
    And here are a couple of some of the ships and stations. There appear to be many forms of races, and of course, each have their own ship and station architectures. This is a very small sample. I havent been doing photo runs in this. Mostly learning and exploring..

There are some wild looking craft. The one with the green illuminated ribs is very strange. Some of the stations, like star born factories, are pretty amazing with detail. Small cars can be seen riding rails on the structures, AI ships docking with them, etc. Dogfights with pirates going on. You name it..

Below, on that station (first two pics), I was freaked on the size. Its 4X the size of a regular Argon free trade station. I flew through the middle of the structure. The ships are all AI, out doing things. Some are warships, some are frieghters, etc.... Some are even civillian.

Bill

Very cool shots Bill, I keep meaning to take some shots but I always get to wrapped up in exploring and never think of it. I will have to try that this weekend, I an going off line tonight after I finish the Hard of Hearing Chat, I finally broke down and picked up some new RAM so I wil be breaking the box down and doing a small upgrade, I don't expect much change in X3 but I am hoping for a boost with FSX, I am getting reasonable FPS now but I hope 8 GIG of resh new RAM will make it even better.

See ya on the flip side...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike,

Do you ever trade 'computer chips'? I have been trying to find a plant that has tons of them (full stock for cheaper prices) and cannot find a good one. Can you recommend a system that has them?

Also, I have been trying to find stray, hiding jump gates and having a rough time at finding them, even in back tracking from other systems. I have tried moving to the top and bottom of the grids (3D side view on sector map) and that didnt help. Any advice on that?

I found a blown up jump gate the other night in a very dismal, reddish, dark sector. I guess that one is at least a 3 port system now, lol..

Bill

If you want to change your pace a bit and live though a movie like experience, get Freespace 2. It's ten years old, but thanks to a public source code it gets lots of graphics updates.

Battlestar Galactica even copied its "flak barrage" feature and dogfighting style!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSpa...e_Code_Project
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Htlboxart.png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Htlsobekflak.jpg

Unfortunately, the SCP homepage is down at the moment.

P.S: I've played the first "X" episode (released 1999 or 2000). Had a cool, interactive intro but became boring fairly quickly.

Mike,

Do you ever trade 'computer chips'? I have been trying to find a plant that has tons of them (full stock for cheaper prices) and cannot find a good one. Can you recommend a system that has them?

Also, I have been trying to find stray, hiding jump gates and having a rough time at finding them, even in back tracking from other systems. I have tried moving to the top and bottom of the grids (3D side view on sector map) and that didnt help. Any advice on that?

I found a blown up jump gate the other night in a very dismal, reddish, dark sector. I guess that one is at least a 3 port system now, lol..

Bill
    Bill I did come across a system that had a computer chip plant I believe it was one of the Boron or Teladi systems? Check out the systems in the extreme north Teladi Prime, Family Whi, that area. I have never made a run with computer chips but I have seen some factories with large supplies. I will check a couple of my save ganes when I get a chance.

The gate questions, that is one of the dynamics of the game, many systems have only 3 gates anyway (some just 2), but there are numerous systems with hidden gates, they will not appear until you reach a specific level or achieve a better reputation with some races. I have been looking for a couple of gates for over a month now I know they exist but they have not been reveled to me so I keep exploring and trying different Bulletin Board missions hoping to build up my Rep, sooner or later they will appear. You also need to get the scanner upgrades to see a few. One thing that will help is to get the Police License that does open up a lot of systems and increases the rate at which your reputation grows with some races. Don't underestimate the Bulletin Boards some of the missions seem like low paying, but completing them builds up your rep and goodwill that will pay in other way besides credits, kind of like real life.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    P.S: I've played the first "X" episode (released 1999 or 2000). Had a cool, interactive intro but became boring fairly quickly.
    Bjoern, I doubt you would be bored with the latest versions of X3, it has probably the best variety of any space sim I have tried (an I go back a long way) the thing I like is you can pick your own destiny, and switch if you like. I am a huge fan of the Wing Commander/Privateer series and still dig out WC 3 & 4 from time to time, this is as good in the story line as privateer and better in variety than any other. All I can say is They came a long way baby...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Mike,

I was wondering if they were hiding for a reason. Also, I was assuming that most systems had 4 gates. When I found one gate blown apart, then I got the feeling that assumption could be terribly wrong, lol.. .

I have been exploring South lately. Last week was a pure Northern and Eastern excursion. Alot of grim stuff down in the South West quadrant, lol...

I'll look around for some high quantity Chip manufacturers. There has to be some around...

That Teladian quadrant is wild!

Bill

WOW! Nice screenshots! Man...you are so tempting me. I'm still going through Fallout 3 right now, but i will probably buy this game when i'm done w/ it. Looks like a very good *classic* sci-fi game....just my style.

I still remember working on Wing Commander Online about 12 years ago over at Origin. It was gonna be such a cool game (probably similar to this one)...but the technology at the time just couldn't support such a "advanced game." (the only Massive Online game out at that time was UO...not even 3D). Anyways, EA canceled the game....sad. I always think that the Wing Commander IP has a HUGE following.....somebody should bring it back....

-feng

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    I'm up to three ships now...trading mostly ore and a little energy. Staying mainly in the Argon/Boron systems.........
    Which direction to the Teladian Quad ??

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
    WOW! Nice screenshots! Man...you are so tempting me. I'm still going through Fallout 3 right now, but i will probably buy this game when i'm done w/ it. Looks like a very good *classic* sci-fi game....just my style.

I still remember working on Wing Commander Online about 12 years ago over at Origin. It was gonna be such a cool game (probably similar to this one)...but the technology at the time just couldn't support such a "advanced game." (the only Massive Online game out at that time was UO...not even 3D). Anyways, EA canceled the game....sad. I always think that the Wing Commander IP has a HUGE following.....somebody should bring it back....

-feng

Man Feng,

Youve been into all the games, lol..

I hadnt seen you in a while. I figured you purchased it and was deep into the X3 Universe, lol..

I'm up to three ships now...trading mostly ore and a little energy. Staying mainly in the Argon/Boron systems.........
    Which direction to the Teladian Quad ??

LuckyDog

LD, youve already got a 3rd ship?? Dang..

I lost money on Ore and was going to go for computer chips trading, but dang, no systems have it in stock.

Can you 'auto-trade' the ships? Can they run themselves?

If you explore deep North as far as you can go, then start bearing East, you will bump into all the Teladian systems.

I was just up logging new gates and factories and systems in the far North East. Man... The gates just keep going and going.... I cant believe how far everything goes..

One cool thing is the music. Each system seems to have its own music and some are pretty cool. I wonder if its possible to get the music to listen to on iPod?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike; Gigabyte,

How did the Memory upgrade do on your rig?

Bill

Mike; Gigabyte,

How did the Memory upgrade do on your rig?

Bill
    Hey Bill, I finally got the main system running late last night, it was a PITA but things are running again. I now have 8 gig of high speed DDR2 and 3.25 terabytes of primary storage - what a beast to back up and I would never want to try a full defrag, thank heaven for automated defrag and backup.

I had some trouble getting it running, somehow an SATA data cable came off in the process so when I closed the covers and hit the power I got a Boot Disk Failure... I have my system (an HP Media Center) tucked along side my desk and with my cable management it is a real nusance connecting and disconnecting. I ended up draging it back out and stripping it all down finally discovering I had pulled of the cable for the primary boot drive, after sorting it all out and getting it back in place I finally got running just as it was time to hit the hay.

I am hoping to give FSX and X3 a test tonight and see how the performace is, I was getting 20-25 FPS in FSX and I hope to see a firm 30 in most areas... we will see???
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Madman
    Long time X-player (X-tension, X-2, X-3 Reunion) chiming in here.

Lionheart asked about 'auto-trading'; first get a piece of software called a trading system extension and install it in the ship that you're piloting. Now you can check pricing and stock levels of a station without landing; target the station, check the info, and the quantities of stock for sale and resource inventory levels and current prices are listed. You can now also order your freighter to land at stations (you don't even have to be in the same system; once your freighter enters the system you have access to price and stock information) and buy and sell items while you continue exploring the galaxy in your other ship. You can also purchase trade command software Mk. 3 (later, when you've got the cash because it costs over 500,000 credits). This will eventually (after your pilot learns and increases his trade level) make your traders almost completely autonomous.

Here is a link to the Egosoft forums: http://forum.egosoft.com/index.php

When you go into the X-Universe forum check the The Ultimate X resource and guides list (it's a "Sticky" thread right near the top). This thread contains links to tons and tons of information about all the X series of games.

Also, here are a couple of other sites with tons of information as well (including sector maps, etc.):

X-3: Reunion http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/welcome.html

X-3: Terran Conflict http://eng.x3tc.ru/

Warning: Visiting these sites is bound to lead to spoilers eventually, but sometimes you may find yourself needing that extra little bit of information.

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks MadMan!

Awesome!

There will be alot to read tonight after work. :d

Hi all,
    I have played all the X games except this one. I am afraid i have become hooked on EVE which now takes up a lot of time.But I tink I will give it ago as well.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

If this keeps up we will be asking for an X3 Sub Forum...lol

I do love the game, I guess it is the open ended aspect that makes it so appealing, very much like FS you can go anywhere and do what ever you choose, except with the X-universe there are bad guys with lasers that shoot at you from time to time.

I have been glancing at the X3 forums from time to time, and hesitate to dig too deep so I don't get tempted by the spoilers, but I expect I will try one of the campaigns soon and when I do I will no doubt need some help from the spoilers. For now I am sticking to exploring and enjoying it very much.

I have been looking for the Terrian Conflict version but I can't find a copy locally, and the Game Store is sold out, but there is talk of a "Super Box" which will contain all the versions and additional fan made add on's so hopefully I will get my fix from that.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Last night, right at 7PM (my cutoff point for the day, usually), I booted up X3 to just do a short trade run in my Mercury...

4 hours later, I was just getting back in the system in my Discoverer, having charted a bunch of unknown systems in the North East...

arrghh..

So much for 1 hour.

Bill

dadmod
    Hi gents...I've been following along here for a couple days.
    Privateer was my favorite a number of years ago and when I saw similarities I started drooling!
    Bought X3: Reunion and am learning the complex interface. Very interesting and beautiful graphics. This way, IF I become captivated, Terran Conflict will be waiting.

Madman
    You're welcome Lionheart. Yup, 1 hour turns into 4 or more very quickly sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dadmod View Post
    Privateer was my favorite a number of years ago.....
    Ahhhh, Privateer.......that brings back some memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman View Post
    You're welcome Lionheart. Yup, 1 hour turns into 4 or more very quickly sometimes.

Ahhhh, Privateer.......that brings back some memories.
    Privateer, and the rest of the Wing Commander series, still my all time favorites, there is still a very avtive and dedicated community working on that engine. If any of you were die hard Privateer fans, the freeware Privateer Gold is an awsome game, go to SourceForge.net and search for Privateer or Wing Commander, there are 4 very interesting remakes posted. I am about to fire up the latest Vega Strike to give that a spin. There is an interesting "Star Trek" variation as well, which is next on my list. Mind you I still have some more exploring to do in X3, but I like a short diversion every so often.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Does anyone know what type of ship this is and can one purchase it?

That is one sleek bird...

Note for newbies. Dont sit in front of a jump gate after coming out of it. Some might take a moment to check supplies at systems via the sector map. But the engines reset to idle when you come through the gate. I've lost 2 ships this way now.. arrghh.. I also watched a huge dreadnaught battle ship bite the dust this way. It took too long making a rotation to go through the gate, a ship came through, and boom... Debris everywhere..

Bill