Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 20
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Hey all,

Can you jump two ships together if one isn't equipped with its own jumpdrive?

I dont think so.

But.. If you bring in a ship with hanger bays, you can load them in there and take them back with you that way.

Or, you can bring in a ship with hangers, that has a ship in it that has jump drive, have the ship inside dock with the other that doesnt have JD, and do a freight switch (but you'll need a Transporter.. arrgh). then bring the small ship back to the larger one's docking bay and have them all jump back. EDIT: They can both dock at a station though and switch Jump Drives there without a transporter.

(This is what I do when I buy freighters or old junk craft way out the sticks. I can then bring them home without a one hour flight through the entire galaxy).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Is there a Walmart in Canada?

Or we can purchase it for you,.... how about that?

Yep, there are Wally World stores in Canada. Not sure how much of Canada, but I've seen em up there in Ontario. Their moto up there is... "If we don't have it, you don't need it.. Eh!" LOL
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Retired SOH Administrator
    I was so frustrated with my laptop, it contracted a transmitted disease....

I was so upset and I went to kill and destroy the pirates.... it wasn't their fault though but it inspired me to blast them off.... I was on my fastest ship so far the Kestrel.... had a few jumps, got lost in the dark.... a few times.... and finally bought a Water Purification Plant!

That was so cool.... I don't trade the illegal space fuel anymore

I lost a ship though, I could have been more careful, these pirates, they are not trust worthy! I want to do more missions and trading and be very very rich... maybe I can afford a fleet!

I wish this can be a muti-player someday!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey ChaCha,

Sorry to hear about your computer. Good to hear about the pirates becoming dust.

This storm too shall surely pass. At least we have something to shoot at, eh?

:d

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    I figured out how to do target identification via the ships crosshairs.

Depress T key each time you have a new object in your crosshairs and the flight computers voice will then ID the object or ship.

Works awesome. No mouse involved.

Bill

Charter Member 2011

thank, or curse???

Well, don't know yet whether to thank all of you, or curse you all!!! LOL:ernae:
    I've been reading this thread for the last week or so, and since I'm down here in the sunny state of Florida visiting family for Thanksgiving, I went out and found a copy of this "adventure" for a steal at Babbages. Found it in the Countryside Mall store in Clearwater for $9.99. It's the Terran Conflict Ver. 2.0, with the Aldrin Missions. When I get home tomorrow, we'll see just how much this sucks me in....lol Funny thing is, I then went to the EB Games store down on the 1st floor of the Mall, and they had the same exact game, but for $10.00 more. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, eh?? I guess I'll be posting more in here as time goes on, and I get the chance to learn and find my way around, like most of you have done.....:isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by yank51 View Post
    Well, don't know yet whether to thank all of you, or curse you all!!! LOL:ernae:
    I've been reading this thread for the last week or so, and since I'm down here in the sunny state of Florida visiting family for Thanksgiving, I went out and found a copy of this "adventure" for a steal at Babbages. Found it in the Countryside Mall store in Clearwater for $9.99. It's the Terran Conflict Ver. 2.0, with the Aldrin Missions. When I get home tomorrow, we'll see just how much this sucks me in....lol Funny thing is, I then went to the EB Games store down on the 1st floor of the Mall, and they had the same exact game, but for $10.00 more. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, eh?? I guess I'll be posting more in here as time goes on, and I get the chance to learn and find my way around, like most of you have done.....:isadizzy:
    You will get hook yank51...

The first few attempts and hours will be frustrating, if you don't read the journal that goes with it... You will come along good, just be patient.....

You got a good buy, man!

Enjoy your game....

Welcome to TCX3 addiction world..... :isadizzy: Strong discipline is highly recommended, and GROWING UP!

You've been warned!

Eli

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the assylum, Yank51!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Welcome aboard Yank.

:ernae:

Good for you Yank, and that was a great buy. Welcome, you are now a member of the unofficial SOH Twilight Zone. May the Force be with you always. :ernae:
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by yank51 View Post

After tomorrow - "And Another one bytes the dust"....

Welcome aboard yank51, I am sure you will fnd youself imersed in space flight in no time. BTW if you get frustrated, jsut start at the beginning of this thread it is better than the manuals as far as a tutorial goes anyway...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Just got the Ship Station Mod 2.3 installed into a renamed copy if Reunion. All I can say is WOW! that's sweet.

I tried twice but couldn't get the 2.5 version to download for some reason. It started to, but real slow and then just quit. No problem, 2.3 looks might fine for now.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Maybe try downloading that after a couple of hours.

Figure this. The Germans love this game the most, so when they are online gaming (late at night at their time in the world) is when the servers will be hardest hit for downloads for this game.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Music from X3 and X2 to iTunes and your iPhone or iPod

Hey all,

In case you didnt know, you can import your music into a music folder from X3. For those that have X3 Gold, you also have a music CD which I believe may have all the same music.

From there, you can import it into iTunes (if you are an iTuner), and then from there, select all the songs in one grouping, right click and hit Info and in there, put in a name of the Album so they all have the same album name, and if you have a screenshot from X3, perhaps something on it that says X3TC or X3 Terran Conflict or Reunion, you can then drag and drop that onto the photo square for the album art. Click Ok and you are good to go.

You can then add that album onto your iPod or iPhone and it will have all music in one Album location and have a album cover as well. (Mine didnt have one, so I had to add my own. It was also in 3 or 4 groupings as it wasnt an official album, having been dragged out of the game CD).

Some cool tunes....! :d

It is an odd feeling though. When I was listening to the music lastnight, I kept wondering how certain ships were doing and that I shouldnt be leaving them unattended.. lol.

Bill

I wonder if you can put your own music in X3. I always feel like I should be listening to the "Blue Danube" every time I dock at a station.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I wonder if you can put your own music in X3. I always feel like I should be listening to the "Blue Danube" every time I dock at a station.
    Yep..

I had seen in the forums that they have ways of placing their own music in the sim. If I am correct, I think it uses wav files. So you only need to convert them and switch them out, renaming them as well.

Certain sectors have certain themes, so you simply switch those out to what you want..

Bill

Thanks a bunch people! One of the reasons I love this site!

Yes, indeed there are Walmarts in Canada, many in my area. I just never thought of trying them. It is on order and they say to expect it before next weekend. So much for resting up for the workweek!!!!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Thanks a bunch people! One of the reasons I love this site!

Yes, indeed there are Walmarts in Canada, many in my area. I just never thought of trying them. It is on order and they say to expect it before next weekend. So much for resting up for the workweek!!!!
    Welcome to the club, Matt!

Enjoy the days remaining before your copy arrives.... :ernae: ....

You will love it, the game is crazy.... it is huge and a lot of possibilities... probabilities.... missions.... trading... conquering, combat, .... and a lot more....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, I found X3 Reunion at the local Mac store, got it.. Installed it.. Had issues with my Saitek (probably needs drivers installed for Mac), and I downloaded the 2 updates available for it, (Mac version), and now the Registration Code will not work, lol..

Arrghh..

Pretty cool to see it for Mac. Just hope I can get it running. I should have 4 full Gigs working in RAM instead of just 3 Gigs that WinXP uses. I believe OpenGL runs more smoothly then DX, (from what all I have been through, it does). I hope I can get it running again..

Bill

I can't ever seem to find this game for less than $30 :angryfir: I'd probably go ahead and get it for $20. At $10, I'd snatch it up for sure.

Waiting.... waiting... they have to reduce the price somewhere I have access to eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Cratermaker View Post
    I can't ever seem to find this game for less than $30 :angryfir: I'd probably go ahead and get it for $20. At $10, I'd snatch it up for sure.

Waiting.... waiting... they have to reduce the price somewhere I have access to eventually...
    Game Stop..... go to a local Game Stop.... They may have it there for a bargain price...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    I still cant believe the Gold Pack is down to $29.99, has all the additions, and a music CD. It was at least $39.99 when it first launched. In one week it dropped $10.00. Something odd about that.

Odd sometimes how pricing works..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Well, I found X3 Reunion at the local Mac store, got it.. Installed it.. Had issues with my Saitek (probably needs drivers installed for Mac), and I downloaded the 2 updates available for it, (Mac version), and now the Registration Code will not work, lol..

Arrghh..

Pretty cool to see it for Mac. Just hope I can get it running. I should have 4 full Gigs working in RAM instead of just 3 Gigs that WinXP uses. I believe OpenGL runs more smoothly then DX, (from what all I have been through, it does). I hope I can get it running again..

Bill
    Bill, best of luck with the Mac version, and make sure you get the Xtended Mod, it is awsome,, Imentioned before it was the basis for Terran Conflict, but Ergosoft did not use many of the effects the modders included so the Reunion with Xtended has some very neat effects you do not see in TC. The ship exhaust and missle trails are amazing in the mod, and as you saw in one of my posts the gates are very colourful.

I am trying to rebuild my Terran Conflict Install now, the Apricot Slice Mod crashed and burned on Thursday and I am having problems with it. The Vanilla game is fine but I can't get the mod working now...

I finally copied the working Vanilla and installed the Mod again, but no go, so I am starting from scratch. Oh well I learned a lot the first time through so I can do it better this time. The first thing I did was put 3 freighters to work on Sector Trading right away, and I grabbed a few tough missions to build up the Rep as quickly as I can, the rest is just time and water under the bridge...

BTW I am running on Win 7 64 with 8GB, it does not seem to make much difference over the Vista 32, but it was fine with the graphic settings maxed so I doubt I would notice much anyway. I also have the XPMode virtual machine installed so I may install to that and do a quick compare just to see if it is different?
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I still cant believe the Gold Pack is down to $29.99, has all the additions, and a music CD. It was at least $39.99 when it first launched. In one week it dropped $10.00. Something odd about that.

Odd sometimes how pricing works..

Bill
    What is it about the GOLD?

Thus this mean any better than the 2.0? :isadizzy:

I should have just checked....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bill I have been meaning to ask where di dyou pick up the Nemesis? I really like the look and I am in the "ship shopping mood"...lol

Gig
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]