Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 12
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

There definitely is learning curve to this game. It can be frustrating at first, but it's not too difficult a curve. The thing is there are so many different opportunities for someone. It's so open ended.

Last night, I saw a ship. It belonged to some royal family it turns out. I'm noticing more and more personal ships in the game. Then later on I realized that's for folks that truly want to be "Privateers". So you can even be a pirate if you want. Arrr!
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Congrats Dain in your new Super Freighters. Those are cool looking ships. They remind me of the Naboo styling in SW. Sort of 1930's Emperial design, complete with gold trim, lol..

Craig,

Watch your prices. Never purchase Energy Cells for more then 12 or 13 Cr. Always check the prices before you buy, and always check the buying rate as well. I wouldnt buy EC's for 15 and then sell 2,000 of them for 16. Wouldnt be worth it. Try best sales, like buying for 12, and selling for 18 or 19 Cr's. Then you make a ton of money on each sales run.

Some military 'munitions' factories purchase at higher prices, such as Ore. For instance, Ore should always be bought at 50 Cr, then sell for no less then say 145 Cr. Teladianium Foundries will purchase Ore at 145. Some missile factories will purchase Ore at nearly 200 Cr and more. (I think I have seen 240 or 280, cant remember). When you get a super freighter, then you will start really raking in the money.

Back to alien freighters and fighters. I tend to like the Split ships most, and then the Boron ships. (I dont know why). But yesterday, I noticed at Walmart, a SW ship available that looks like a Split cargo ship, lolol... All rusty and reddish looking. Reminded me of the Jawa sand crawler vehicles. Big, reddish things, built for hauling cargo...

I'll have to check out a Split fighter and see what they fly like.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Geez folks this thread is going nuts, 14 pages and over 4500 reads...:ernae:

I will be watching for the next few days cuz it looks like the Media Center is "Toast" the error looks like a corrupt file on the OS drive and I can't seem to replace/repair it, so I am going to blow it away and reinstall... What a PITA!!!

Oh well when I am done I hope to be running a nice shiney version of Win 7 so I can use all of the 8 gig of RAM I have installed.

Wish me luck I am about to start backing up the apps now so hopefully I can restore the current configs after I reinstall everything.

Some days I wonder why I gave up drinking....
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Heh, I've gotten two more smaller Frieghters. Kinda tickle them with the lasers til they bail. Think I just went into the "Previously Owned Frieghter" business.

And speaking of...

I picked up a couple of the pilots, since I had a cargo bay life support system. Seems like you could 'trade' them somewhere? But I can't remember where.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Geez folks this thread is going nuts, 14 pages and over 4500 reads...:ernae:

I will be watching for the next few days cuz it looks like the Media Center is "Toast" the error looks like a corrupt file on the OS drive and I can't seem to replace/repair it, so I am going to blow it away and reinstall... What a PITA!!!

Oh well when I am done I hope to be running a nice shiney version of Win 7 so I can use all of the 8 gig of RAM I have installed.

Wish me luck I am about to start backing up the apps now so hopefully I can restore the current configs after I reinstall everything.

Some days I wonder why I gave up drinking....

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you could do a repair on the Windows from on another drive. arrgh..

Could you load Win7 on a diff drive and have that as your primary and just use the present primary as your secondary?

(hope that makes sense)

Hope you get it running soon.. You're missing out!

Roger that Dain,

Man.. You will have a fleet of Freighters, lol..

I just went up against about 7 Kha-Ahk fighters and scouts and lived.. Well, once, nearly done, I had one fly into me. So I had to reload from a saved point where I ran off to reload missles at a station. (arrgh).

Got them all though. I couldnt get one to give up. Coms were 'hangups' lol.. Fiesty little booogahs..!

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Oh....

Did you know they have 'Unknown Objects'?

Yes... They are UFO's. I saw my first one North of Omecron Lyrae. It was a flying saucer, a bit like the Invaders, and a bit like the prototype rumoured nazi 'red mercury' thing. Bottom of the hull spins.

Pretty cool! lol...

Bill

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    You better watch out! I got a freight scanner, finally. I'm also getting my Law Enforcement licenses for the various races. I'm looking for you!

So this blew my mind last night. What fun!

Captured a Demeter Super Freighter last night. Then right after repairing it up and sending it to dock, another pirate one appeared. As soon as I got the shields down, the guy bailed! So I'm the proud owner of two Demeter Super Freighters. Wow, they are big!

I am very careful, I want to surrender, I don't know how....I have the illegal cargo on a ship that is remotely controlled...

On repairing the ships that i conquer, you can repair them yourselves by jumping out of your ship with your gear and fix it yourself... so you don't have to pay for repair...

And Craig, be sure you have ammo in your ship's wings.... It's dark out here and scary, you better have something to protect your ships...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was hoping for a quick fix but it looks like I have to do it the hard way... Oh well things always run faster on a fresh install.

Has anyone else found any Space Flies yet? I kept seeing news items about them in Reunion but never found any, just befoe my crash last night I was parked by a gate waiting for a salvaged ship to catch up and I was sitting in the middle of a swarm, and I was without a space fly collector. It was very cool tho, reminded me of a swarm of fire lies like we get around here in the summer, I am going back there as soon as I am operational again. If you are interested they were near the south gate in the Unknow sector, just above Argon Sector M148, but who knows if they will be there in any other game play?

Keep the fight going troops, see you around the XUniverse soon.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up on those Space Flies. I had heard alot about them, and keep seeing ships called Space Fly Collectors.. I hadnt seen any yet. I'll go to look for them. Sounds cool.

See you back soon.

Bill

I ran a few crates of "space fuel" last night, and that really helped my bottom line. :d Since I was flush with credits I hopped over to Argon Prime to the Equipment Dock, but wouldn't you know it --all out of lasers (well, the affordable kind... ). I did pick up one of those trade system extension upgrades so I can check the prices for stuff while in transit. The trouble I seem to be having at the moment is that everyone seems to be stocked with the stuff I can buy/haul.

And I'm still flying around unarmed.

@ Chacha, I got scanned by the cops a little while ago, so they are looking...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I ran a few crates of "space fuel" last night, and that really helped my bottom line. :d Since I was flush with credits I hopped over to Argon Prime to the Equipment Dock, but wouldn't you know it --all out of lasers (well, the affordable kind... ). I did pick up one of those trade system extension upgrades so I can check the prices for stuff while in transit. The trouble I seem to be having at the moment is that everyone seems to be stocked with the stuff I can buy/haul.

And I'm still flying around unarmed.

@ Chacha, I got scanned by the cops a little while ago, so they are looking...
    If you put the illegal cargo on unmanned ship (remotely controlled) they (police) would not pay attention to it.... police don't scan remotely controlled ships....

... you can get ammo anytime...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ooooh...that's very interesting!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Some quick screenshots of pulling into the hanger of the Split Elephant super (gigantic) freighter dreadnaught...

* Enter at taxi speed to pathway
    * Click on Garage Door Opener button to raise hanger doors.
    * sweat as you pass by that huge lower fuselage fin
    * Decellerate as you pass the perimeters of the hanger bay
    * Decellerate to a stop over the debarcation bays in the floor..
    * Activate magnetic docking chocks..
    * Repeat till you have had enough.. :d

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    If you put the illegal cargo on unmanned ship (remotely controlled) they (police) would not pay attention to it.... police don't scan remotely controlled ships....

... you can get ammo anytime...

Thanks Eli for the cool tip!

Bill

I just found an excellent thread over on X-Universe called "Questions from a new player." Lots of great tips there, which led me to conclude that I've been going about this all wrong. I've been flying around in the trader with the scout in tow, when I probably should've been doing it the other way around.

My revised strategy, near term, will be to transfer to the M5 and upgrade it with guns, engine and rudder tuning, and some software enhancements, and then start exploring more and doing some missions. If I find good trade deals along the way, I can use the Mercury freighter to make me some cash.

Unfortunately I probably won't have time to try this out until tomorrow night. Oh, no...now I'm hooked...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    I just found an excellent thread over on X-Universe called "Questions from a new player." Lots of great tips there, which led me to conclude that I've been going about this all wrong. I've been flying around in the trader with the scout in tow, when I probably should've been doing it the other way around.

My revised strategy, near term, will be to transfer to the M5 and upgrade it with guns, engine and rudder tuning, and some software enhancements, and then start exploring more and doing some missions. If I find good trade deals along the way, I can use the Mercury freighter to make me some cash.

Unfortunately I probably won't have time to try this out until tomorrow night. Oh, no...now I'm hooked...

Hey Craig,

Roger that. With the Trade Extension ( I think thats the one) you can remotely trade with your freighter(s) via another ship, no matter how far away you are. So you could be doing your normal trading while out scouting around. You can activate 'send message when done with a job' option in Auto Pilot settings so that when it arrives at a station (remotely) it will tell you, then do a trade, and send it to a station to sell the cargo.

I was doing this with 2 super freighters while out exploring, but it got to be too much, so I set them on auto sector trading. They both have best buy and best sale additions, so they find all the deals and rake in a bit of cash while I am out spending it, lol..

Bill

Hey Bill,

It hadn't even occurred to me to put the freighter on "auto" to trade on it's own. That's a pretty cool concept. That best buy/sell software is kind've pricey, so I expect I'll need to stay more involved for the near term until I build up enough capital. In the meantime I'll arm and upgrade the scout for the exploration and defense bits.

I'm currently docked at TerraCorp HQ. Holy cow, is that thing immense!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    I'm currently docked at TerraCorp HQ. Holy cow, is that thing immense!
    It is! lol... A super freighter next to it is a spec. The docks are a dot under one of its struts.. I was checking it out last night. What a giant model and well done too. The guys that made all these mesh models and stations did a really nice job. Same on the ships..

Bill

I need to finish setting up the ships I seized from the smugglers, and start having them work for me.

Geesh, I need 200 telanadium to finish this next mission. I know its rare, and hard to find. Do I have to mine for that I wonder?

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I need to finish setting up the ships I seized from the smugglers, and start having them work for me.

Geesh, I need 200 telanadium to finish this next mission. I know its rare, and hard to find. Do I have to mine for that I wonder?

Dain,

Just start running ore to the Teladianium founderis that are around Teladi Prime and you'll start to see ore coming out of them. Perhaps keep one ship parked at a Teladianium station and when its full or the price is lowered a bit, then you can load the ship. I forget which sector has 4 Teladianium plants in it. Its right be Ceo's Buckzoid. I was doing runs there ALOT... Made tons on Ore sales.. They go through it like crazy. But someone else started taking my business away and I shut it down...

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

Fun things to do in X3

Ok.. Here's something fun that may require plastic underwear...

Open a ship up and have it fly to your sector. Make sure you are both un-docked, floating in space, zero speed. Make sure the ship that you bring over has 'Jump Minimum' set to zero.

Park close to it where you can see the entire ship.

Now, in R menu, find the ship, go to command console, and tell it to jump to another sector.

As soon as its Energy charge occurs in the Hyper Drive, a bright flash occurs, like in Battlestar Galactica. I had seen other ships do this occasionally and didnt know what was going on. Then I had seen my own ships doing it a couple of times when I would send them out. But last night, I did it with one of my HUGE ships near me, and that thing lit up big time, lolol.. Lit up my room like a welder was working in here... A plane outside could have spotted my window lighting up, it was that bright.. lol.

Awesome.......

EDIT: I had to send my Elephant home so I took some screenshots of it.

Now you see it...
    BZZZZZZZZZZP!
    Now you dont...

1 min later, I get an email, it reports back at the Ceos Buckzoid Equipment Dock.. 1/4 of the Galaxy away..

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Ok.. Here's something fun that may require plastic underwear...

Open a ship up and have it fly to your sector. Make sure you are both un-docked, floating in space, zero speed. Make sure the ship that you bring over has 'Jump Minimum' set to zero.

Park close to it where you can see the entire ship.

Now, in R menu, find the ship, go to command console, and tell it to jump to another sector.

As soon as its Energy charge occurs in the Hyper Drive, a bright flash occurs, like in Battlestar Galactica. I had seen other ships do this occasionally and didnt know what was going on. Then I had seen my own ships doing it a couple of times when I would send them out. But last night, I did it with one of my HUGE ships near me, and that thing lit up big time, lolol.. Lit up my room like a welder was working in here... A plane outside could have spotted my window lighting up, it was that bright.. lol.

Awesome.......

EDIT: I had to send my Elephant home so I took some screenshots of it.

Now you see it...
    BZZZZZZZZZZP!
    Now you dont...

1 min later, I get an email, it reports back at the Ceos Buckzoid Equipment Dock.. 1/4 of the Galaxy away..
    Bill that looks wild, hopefully I will be operational by tomorrow evening so I can give it a try. I have an Elephant parked at my shinny new headquarters just waiting for something to do.

Things are progressing well with the comp, it turned out to be a bad HDD, the 1st error was in the boot sector which is why I could not repair it, I pulled the drive, used my Predictor and it said the thing was pretty sick, so I copied what I could (and wanted) from it and blew the thing away, then I repartitioned and formatted it and there were errors showing all over the place. Luckly it was under warranty and the shop where I bought it said not to bother sending it back to the Mfg (Seagate) they would be happy to swap it for me, excellent customer service if you ask me because it was almost 2 years ago that I bought it. I was fully expecting to have to wait a week or two for a vendor replacement but no problem, boys fixed me right up I took the drive right in and figured it was only right to reward that excellent service so I asked if they would trade me up if I paid the difference, and for $40.00 I now have a nice shinny new 1 Tb primary drive, I also bit the bullet and picked up Windows 7 Pro 64 bit while I was at it. I am going to try a dual boot with Vista 32 bit (factory install from restore disk) and Win 7 as the secondary, I am not sure how it will work but I want to give it a try, I am kind of hoping I can run some things like FSX from both OS's I have it on a seperate drive so it might work???

I am just finishing the Win 7 partition now, and will start the install in a few, wish me luck.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Bill that looks wild, hopefully I will be operational by tomorrow evening so I can give it a try. I have an Elephant parked at my shinny new headquarters just waiting for something to do.

Things are progressing well with the comp, it turned out to be a bad HDD, the 1st error was in the boot sector which is why I could not repair it, I pulled the drive, used my Predictor and it said the thing was pretty sick, so I copied what I could (and wanted) from it and blew the thing away, then I repartitioned and formatted it and there were errors showing all over the place. Luckly it was under warranty and the shop where I bought it said not to bother sending it back to the Mfg (Seagate) they would be happy to swap it for me, excellent customer service if you ask me because it was almost 2 years ago that I bought it. I was fully expecting to have to wait a week or two for a vendor replacement but no problem, boys fixed me right up I took the drive right in and figured it was only right to reward that excellent service so I asked if they would trade me up if I paid the difference, and for $40.00 I now have a nice shinny new 1 Tb primary drive, I also bit the bullet and picked up Windows 7 Pro 64 bit while I was at it. I am going to try a dual boot with Vista 32 bit (factory install from restore disk) and Win 7 as the secondary, I am not sure how it will work but I want to give it a try, I am kind of hoping I can run some things like FSX from both OS's I have it on a seperate drive so it might work???

I am just finishing the Win 7 partition now, and will start the install in a few, wish me luck.

Instead of wishing you luck, I pray it goes awesome and is 'blessed'! How about that! The 'force' be with you. :d

Great store. I wish our BB was like that. FE is pretty good to deal with.

1TB drives.. Now a household name. Can you believe it! We didnt get flying cars in the future, but we did get 1TB drives for $100.00.. Awesome!!! We are blessed man..

Get that baby going and get space borne again!

I blew up my 'Milch Kiew'... (elephant). arrgh.. Had to start from a previous station dock save.. I was going in close to my Tokyo, doing a transfer of ships to the Tokyo for a run to the Terran system to hunt Xenon, and got too close to the saucer section.. blew up my Split jaggernaught Elephant..

<--- smacks self.. upside the head.. drops of stress sweat sprays on mammoth iMac display screen..

Thanks Bill, things are looking up, I have Vista installed and the AV configured and running, (still have to restore some backup data), and I am just finishing Win 7, A/V is almost finished the initial scan. Hopefully I will not be too busy tomorrow and I can start "Tweaking".

I must say I am very impressed with the finished product of Win 7 so far, I tested teh beta and there was not a lot of WOW factor for me, it was stable and ran fine but I didn't see the need to cough up $300.00+ to upgrade, I am glad I did do it now though, so far it look like I will be able to run some apps from a single install using both versions, it works for the few I have tested so far. The big test comes when I boot up FSX and X3 again, it would be nice to be able to make that work just for the h€ll of it.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Bill, things are looking up, I have Vista installed and the AV configured and running, (still have to restore some backup data), and I am just finishing Win 7, A/V is almost finished the initial scan. Hopefully I will not be too busy tomorrow and I can start "Tweaking".

I must say I am very impressed with the finished product of Win 7 so far, I tested teh beta and there was not a lot of WOW factor for me, it was stable and ran fine but I didn't see the need to cough up $300.00+ to upgrade, I am glad I did do it now though, so far it look like I will be able to run some apps from a single install using both versions, it works for the few I have tested so far. The big test comes when I boot up FSX and X3 again, it would be nice to be able to make that work just for the h€ll of it.

Awesome to hear Mike.

Their vista (cough) made me an enemy for a while.. I hated that thing and being forced to use something goofy was outrageous. But I always hoped that Win7 would be the one that brought MS back to their feet. Glad its looking good. I hope it runs awesome man..

I just created my first fighter wing of all my claimed fighters I found abandoned.. I think I shall call my wing, the Salvation Aircorps, lolol.. (Salvation Army would be troops, right? So I guess they need an AirForce.. the SAAF...! ) :d

4 Birds total in my squadron, and we have Aurora's, Tornado's, and Beluga missles... We intend to dent the hulls of the Xenon fleet!

:d