Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction! - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

OK so now that we have a small fleet of X'ers (I know it's corny but I couldn't help it...lol) venturing out into the vast unknowns of space, I figure it's time to share some of the better sources I have found for X-Information (I really can't help myself can't you tell...lol). Here are some of my fav sites for Tips, Tricks, Guides, and general information to enhance your X-perience... (I just had to throw in one more...lol)

This is a good start, it will lead you to almost everything you would want to know abut the X-Series of sims - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

I like this site a lot, it has a great database so you can get specific info on almost any item in the game, beware there are spoilers listed if you want to be a purest be careful - http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/welcome.html

Apricot Mapping Service is the source I use most, lots of well written guides and Mods if you are into that aspect, again there are spoilers so use at your own risk - http://apricotmappingservice.com/
    If you are interested in Trading and / or exploring to start and want to learn before going into battle, check out this guide - http://apricotmappingservice.com/pacifist.html
    And to get the "Newbie" on the flight path to a longer life this guide is "interesting" - http://apricotmappingservice.com/newbie.html
    Look around the Apricot Mapping Service site, there are plenty of goodies there.

And Last but not least is the X-Universe Forum, again plenty of spoilers if you want that kind of thing (I am not against spoilers I use some myself, I just don't want to send people to sites that list spoilers if they want to go the purest route - to each his own right), I have found some great info on this site and it is actually quite a friendly forum just like our beloved SOF well worth a look see - http://www.thexuniverse.com/index.php?c=7

Happy trails my fellow X-adventurers, hope you all enjoy your "X-Periences, in the X-Universe... Ok OK enough already I know...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Thanks for posting those, GB. The Apricot "newbie" guide was very helpful. It pointed out a number of things that the tutorial didn't cover. Boy, am I in trouble... :mixedsmi:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Oh man....

My teenage son saw the posts here, picked up 'Reunion' cheap, and now I don't know when I'll get back to poor old CFS3!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

What an amazing universe, and plenty of action too.

pied
    Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    Oh man....

My teenage son saw the posts here, picked up 'Reunion' cheap, and now I don't know when I'll get back to poor old CFS3!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

pied
    and.... "Another one bytes the Dust"....
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post

pied

It is..

Last night, I wanted to do something different and just wondered around in various sectors checking things out, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

During this, I decided to work on my 'finding abandoned ships' abilities, and heard there was one in a particular sector, so off I went. I finally found it. Thanks guys for the input on how such ships do not have a 'race' name in front of the ships name in the sector map.. Finally found it and restored it to high performance abilities. Wild looking things. Its a Boron ship, I think a Baracuda. I flew it all the way from the Eastern sectors to Kingdom of Light (South of Argon Prime) and had Jump Drive installed in it. Now I can jump with 100 energycells worth of fuel. (Only holds that much. Small little ship).

After all of that, I parked it with the rest of my collection at Ceo's Buckzoid / Equipment dock.

Then.... Couldnt sleep, and wanted to go back to fighting the Xenon and pirates in the North East sectors. So I loaded my new fighter up into the Tokyo carrier and made the radical cross universe hyper jump and parked in an equipment dock in Omicron Lyre. Tonight, I fight the bad guys! :d

Awesome game...

Mike, thanks for the link and advice to Egosofts forums. Great information there. I go there often for information. I still intend to get that darn Commodities program working. Tough program addon.

Another site I go to ALL THE TIME for references on the galactic map, ships and what they look like, their performances, etc, station statistics, etc, is a Russian site, located here; http://eng.x3tc.ru/

If you dont like cheating, then do not look at the Galactic map, nor do not look at the 'Where are all the abandoned ships'. heh...

Gotta love flying around in the M1 Tokyo Carrier.. That is too awesome. I love how you jettison out the hanger bays in the top of the saucer section. You always leave pointing up.

Some pics of the new ship and also a couple of my Carrier docking with the Omicron Lyre Equipment Station.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks Bill, I did see that map site one time and forgot to book mark it, I have it on the notebook now for future use... Unfortunatly it may be some time in the future, my media centre (my gaming rig) packed it in this afternoon I go a BSOD when I tried to load a saved game and I have been running diagnstis ever since :isadizzy:...

I am not sure what happened the hardware has tested fine so far, and it does not look or act like a virus, so I am thinking it may either be a bad stick of RAM or the patches that installed Thursday night? I am not to worried about losing anything, my backup system is (always has been anyway) quite reliable and it was not connected so if it is an infection the data on the external should be fine. Regardless it is going to be a major PITA rebuilding the boot drive and OS, then reinstlling all of the apps and games... I was pondering upgrading to Win 7 on the Media Centre or buying a new box with Win 7 preinstalled, I guess I have to $hit or get off the pot now... I know I could build another system, but I would go nuts and by the time I got it the way I wanted it, I would be broke and divorced, Oh the pain...

Keep the bad guys in check for me while I am down, and I hope to be back up and running soon - Ears Hopin anyway...

Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Thanks Bill, I did see that map site one time and forgot to book mark it, I have it on the notebook now for future use... Unfortunatly it may be some time in the future, my media centre (my gaming rig) packed it in this afternoon I go a BSOD when I tried to load a saved game and I have been running diagnstis ever since :isadizzy:...

I am not sure what happened the hardware has tested fine so far, and it does not look or act like a virus, so I am thinking it may either be a bad stick of RAM or the patches that installed Thursday night? I am not to worried about losing anything, my backup system is (always has been anyway) quite reliable and it was not connected so if it is an infection the data on the external should be fine. Regardless it is going to be a major PITA rebuilding the boot drive and OS, then reinstlling all of the apps and games... I was pondering upgrading to Win 7 on the Media Centre or buying a new box with Win 7 preinstalled, I guess I have to $hit or get off the pot now... I know I could build another system, but I would go nuts and by the time I got it the way I wanted it, I would be broke and divorced, Oh the pain...

Keep the bad guys in check for me while I am down, and I hope to be back up and running soon - Ears Hopin anyway...

Man.. I am so sorry Mike.

I hope its nothing big and you get it back to running again.

Be strong Sir..

Remember, you 'might' be able to talk the wifey into a new quad core 1 TB iMac with a 27" high resolution screen... You would still need a Windows disc though.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Boron ships are interesting. Look along the lines of the Vorlon ships from "Babylon 5", meaning organic in nature. Might have to start re-watching that series again.

My favorites though are the Terran designs, especially that Tokyo and the Yokohama. I just love the looks. I think you've noted before Bill, like Mead or McQuarrie.

Guess my only gripe about X3TC is the Jumpdrive. Hate having to buy batteries all of the time. I think there is a mod for an Advanced Jumpdrive. Might have to look into that. Some of these ships, like the Sabres, are pretty limited jump range by cargo space. Annoying. If the pirates can do it...

Sorry to hear about your box, Mike. Hope that gets sorted out quickly!
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I hope its nothing big and you get it back to running again.
    I am hoping the same, so far all the hardware tests OK, and my first check for virus code came back clean, this leads me to believe it is the Vista update from Thursday night, I should know soon enough???
    Remember, you 'might' be able to talk the wifey into a new quad core 1 TB iMac with a 27" high resolution screen... You would still need a Windows disc though.
    Bill
    ROFLMAO... Oh yeah I might be able to pick up a winning lottery ticket tomorrow to... I would not even try, she wants a new car so anything in the Puter / Guy toy department is not a consideration until we get new wheels... I can still dream, but that's about it.

No fear, I will figure it out one way or another I hae verified the backups so at the most I have a reinstall of the OS and a few days of tweaking to get back to suitable operation. Most of my important apps are also on the second volume so I should not have much trouble getting them running again without the pain of reinstalling.

Back to the drawing board...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Mike,

Do you have a alternate HD?

If so, can you install that as primary drive, start up Windows or load up Windows on it, then install your original drive as a backup drive..

Then........ (the important part) Go in and copy/paste Windows into the 'original drive' while it is a backup drive.

Then... Power down, switch out the HD's, put the original in main socket, take out the temp HD, and reboot?

EDIT: As I think about it, certain folders many not allow to be copied. So if you had three total HD's, you could boot up one as a temp, link in two that have Windows on them, one being your primary original, and copy/paste from one folder to the other. That way you should have access to system folders via a secondary Windows/Drive/HD... (getting around the usual firewall protections).

Its just a theory.

EDIT 2: If you have old drives that are not SATA and your present board is SATA, there is a clip/wire/socket set, complete with drive powerpack for cheap that you can use to link an older drive into a SATA board. I have two of those kits now and now and then I have to use them for data on an old 500 Gig drive.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Boron ships are interesting. Look along the lines of the Vorlon ships from "Babylon 5", meaning organic in nature. Might have to start re-watching that series again.

Dain,

Youre right on. They do look like that. Very 'organic' and living, like giant fish. If they were black, they would look like that evil race that was spreading through the galaxy in Babylon 5.

The Boron supply freighters have an interesting look to them. Love the front sections.

I didnt know about a cheat drive that doesnt use Energy cells.. Sounds like a 'futuristic' mod to me. :d :d :d

A new 'fission / dark matter / universal transference dimensional shift drive...' lol...

If you find the exact name for the cheat script, could you post it please? I am off to find it now. I could use it for my new prototype Baracuda.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot 'Hyper Jump into Terran sectors, but you can Hyper Jump out????

Do you know why??? I finally figured it out.

I'll post it in a while so you guys (and ChaCha) can think about it and figure it out...

:d

I don't think it's futuristic. Actually can you say that in a Sci-Fi game about the future? LOL

The thought behind the mod, if you have weapons and shield generators, you should be able to use that energy for a jumpdrive. So I think after you jump it leaves the weapons and shields drained, which is fair in my book.

I have done nothing with mods or scripts yet. I was thinking of trying it this week.

SOH-CM-2014
    Found it Dain.

"Free Jump"

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223425

Can jump to stations as well as points in the Terran Sectors. Does not need gates nor Energy Cells...

Gotta love technology.. (or scripting in this case, lol).

Bill

Hmmm, that's a different one...

I was looking at "Advanced Jumpdrive":
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069

SOH-CM-2014
    Hmmm, that's a different one...

I was looking at "Advanced Jumpdrive":
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249069

eeeks.. I'll take that one. They might almost be the same, but yours sounds a bit more realistic.

For mine, it would be good for those fast 'airline hops' that have to be done in an extreme hurry. One button push, instant jump....

Bill

Yeah, plus I think you have to buy the parts. So I don't see that as cheating.

Much.

SOH-CM-2014
    Dain,

You'll also need Ware Manager by Cycrow also to run your Jump Drive;

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=248694

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    How does one create a hot key?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    How does one create a hot key?

Bill

Found it.

For those that dont know;
    * Go to bottom left Menu; Controls
    * Select Interface (top tabs)
    * Scroll to activatable command
    * Click enter on it
    * select a button and apply it
    * select Apply when done (if it doesnt conflict with other controls and command keys)

Does not lock on until you 'apply' it.

Bill

Shucks, I'm trying to find info on how to activate the mod, and come to find out, change name to "Thereshallbewings", run Command Console, and it's already done! LOL

Loads the stuff on Argon Equipment docks. Now I have to drive to the closest one and check this out.

Yipes! Not a cheat at all! My reputation is way too low, and since it's millions to buy I won't be getting these for a while. *sigh*. Good "Addon" though...

That "Free Jump" might be a better solution, Bill. It deducts credits in the same amount of Energy Cells you would have to buy. I think that's fair too.

SOH-CM-2014
    Yipes! Not a cheat at all! My reputation is way too low, and since it's millions to buy I won't be getting these for a while. *sigh*. Good "Addon" though...

That "Free Jump" might be a better solution, Bill. It deducts credits in the same amount of Energy Cells you would have to buy. I think that's fair too.

hmmm.. I didnt notice the drop in credits. I can deal with that I guess. So long as I do not have to contiunously dock at Energy Cell stations all the time for mini hops..

Yep, its already in there. Just go to Jump Drive in Nav mode and you see all the controls in there.

Nice script!!

Bill

hmmm.. I didnt notice the drop in credits. I can deal with that I guess. So long as I do not have to contiunously dock at Energy Cell stations all the time for mini hops..

Yep, its already in there. Just go to Jump Drive in Nav mode and you see all the controls in there.

Nice script!!

Bill
    Looks like version 1.4 added the credits exchange. I picked that one because it added jump commands for Wings.

This is much better! Now I can seek abandoned ships!

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    I have to confess,

I became an illegal trader of Space Fuel.... Dang! I wonder how? I was blinded by the huge profit.... I was so guilty I want the local police catch me, but they would not.... man, how will I straighten my act?

It was good it was just a game.... will I surrender to local authorities?

You better watch out! I got a freight scanner, finally. I'm also getting my Law Enforcement licenses for the various races. I'm looking for you!

So this blew my mind last night. What fun!

Captured a Demeter Super Freighter last night. Then right after repairing it up and sending it to dock, another pirate one appeared. As soon as I got the shields down, the guy bailed! So I'm the proud owner of two Demeter Super Freighters. Wow, they are big!

Well, I ran my first trading run last night as a "humble trader." Humble, indeed, as I think I lost about 1,000 CR on the deal. I ran the little run described in the game manual to see how it's done, as well as exercise some of the basic ship commands. I'm getting the hang of the autopilot and issuing commands to the little fighter that came with my Mercury. Wow! I haven't left the sector yet, and am still looking for a station that will sell me some weapons. I'm a little nervous flying around without any defenses.

I received a message last night telling me to fly to Omicron Lyrae to help with Terran settlers, and I don't want to go into that unarmed. Must find weapons!

I can see how this can become so addictive. I was amused by a paragraph on one of the first few pages of the game manual - "Say goodbye to family/social life."

Edit: BTW, my older PC rig seems to have no trouble running this. A single-core 3Ghz with 3GB RAM and a 256MB AGP graphics card work just fine, both before and after applying the patches.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR