Iris MiG 27 released as Freeware
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iris MiG 27 released as Freeware

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

Iris MiG 27 released as Freeware

I have just uploaded the former payware MiG 27 by Iris simulations too the SOH library. It should show up later once admin has done its thing.
    A big thanks to David Brice for allowing me to do this. I am currently updating all my origional textures that come with this model and some new textures, which I will be uploading in the near future, piccies can be seen on this thread. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=21497

Steve

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    That's great news Steve! A big thank you to David and you for giving us this great but underestimated aircraft for free.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Master of Disaster
    Thank you Steve!!:ernae:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Thanks Steve...

I can remember when I purchased this plane from IRIS. Still flying her to this day.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Crashwoody1

Cool

Awesome! Thank you for your great contribution!:ernae:
    Now Im gonna do some serious flying today!

Crashwoody!

That's very nice. Thank you David (and Steve).
    :ernae:

Many thanks Steve!
    Its afterburner effects are very very nice and they suit the Gmax Ac Mirage 2000 so well!

Crashwoody1
    Great model!
    I love this thing, gona set up an AI flight with this one and my Capysim Mig 21!
    The wonderfull thing about migs is that they are so tough, the were made to literally fly in anything and fly well. Here are some shots. Im flying this Mig right into a major thunder storm for fun and giggles at 100% realism. Great little model. Its a keeper for me.
    Im gonna do some work on it as well cause I like it so much.

Thanks for giveing us this guys!

Crashwoody

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David and Steve! A nice gesture!

Steve

I love the Mig and did,nt mind paying for it. As it has been released as freeware you don,t know what happened to the Iris Harrier that was meant to be released as freeware but seems to have gone off the radar for a while now? Looking forward to the new repaints to refresh a great Mig.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Steve

I love the Mig and did,nt mind paying for it. As it has been released as freeware you don,t know what happened to the Iris Harrier that was meant to be released as freeware but seems to have gone off the radar for a while now? Looking forward to the new repaints to refresh a great Mig.

Regards Paul Day.

Sorry Paul I only worked on the MiG's for Iris I have no idea what happenend too the Harrier.

Steve

harrier is well and truly off radar Paul, i'm staff at IRIS and not even i know its current plans, still waiting for the 'classics' section to be up and runnin on the site actually that gives me an opportunity to annoy the boss more he does love (for love read hate) it when i get on a project and start being picky...

Steve

Thanks anyway, I,ll just have to keep visiting the Iris website in hope.

Regards Paul Day.

This is indeed some great news. Thank you David Brice, IRIS and of course you too Steve!

Cheers! Mike

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashwoody1 View Post
    ...Im gonna do some work on it as well cause I like it so much...
    It's great to have some renewed interest in this one, a favourite in my hangar.
    Many thanks for the texture work Steve, and looking forward to a little tweaking, Tom!

SlamBam
    Did Yago do paints for this?

Thanks for the heads up on the freeware release of the Mig, SteveB, and for the fresh paints to go on it. If the Mig is of the same quality as the A-7 and Tornado that IRIS gave out for free, then it will easily find plenty of air time in my sim. I also has the DSB Hawk T-45C and Grumman S-3B Viking....didn't DSB become IRIS?

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Steve. It works OK in FSX too except for some of the gauges which I swapped with FSX gauges. Regards, Bob.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    ....didn't DSB become IRIS?
    Yes...and the texture set on that Tornado still blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Thanks Steve. It works OK in FSX too except for some of the gauges which I swapped with FSX gauges. Regards, Bob.
    Same here. Tested in FSX Acceleration, the plane works very well appart from some gauges that can be replaced quite easilly (just need some time ).
    Thanks a lot, Steve :ernae:

Happy to have a Czech AF livery - some pics from my departure at the Czech airbase LKPO Prerov ...

Cheers! Mike

Nice piccies Mike, it does look at home at Prerov sorrounded by other WP aircraft. I finnished updating the Czech scheme last night.

Steve

OFF TOPIC

And it flys well in FSX too,you just have to update several gauges(in my case i used my Alpasim payware Tu-22/Su-27

Roland

Has anyone ever fitted the shockwave lights too the 27 ?
    If so any chance of you can put up the config entries for me.

Thanks
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Has anyone ever fitted the shockwave lights too the 27 ?
    If so any chance of you can put up the config entries for me.

Thanks
    Steve.
    I don't have them so I don't know but wouldn't they just replace the existing lights at the same coordinates? Or can they be angled and such?
    :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 34