Iris MiG 27 released as Freeware - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iris MiG 27 released as Freeware

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Castro wants some attention Stalin.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

A Cuban skin would be cool. Mike

Were did you find that piccie please. Ive never seen this one. Thank you for Posting it, its going to be added to my DAAFAR collection.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Yes, nice pic! It clearly shows the very distinctive "sit" of this aircraft. Cuban schemes ar3e quite pleasing to the eye in my opinion.
    Matt

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I've started on one very early WIP i'll do some more on it tonight.

That cuban one looks to be sitting very butt heavy, looks like it's lost hydraulic pressure or something.

Not sure if this model can be adjusted, sure the contact points can be, but the model animations probably will not follow suit. Resulting in floating and sunken wheels. The source files would maybe be required.

I have vague recollections of the stance being discussed when either this or the AS 23 was released. Was there something about the stance only being so low with the engines off or something. Heck, it might have been a different kite altogether, just a vague memmory I have, dim at that 'tis all.

Great looking Cuban skin BTW, nice/odd choice of camo colours they have in Cuba.

Jamie

Ah the distinctive Caribbean Camo of the DAAFAR. Excellent Steve:ernae: and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Were did you find that piccie please. Ive never seen this one. Thank you for Posting it, its going to be added to my DAAFAR collection.
    Right here Amigo ... http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cuba-...4c51cf0e20a626

And a few more real pics ...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    That cuban one looks to be sitting very butt heavy, looks like it's lost hydraulic pressure or something. Jamie
    I remember thinking the same thing the first time I saw an Egyptian 23 or was it Syrian, lol, the mind is getting old. The Cuban one is sitting a mite lower than most, but that could be accounted for by the fact it's parked on the grass. All 23's/27's I've seen have that nose up stance however.
    Matt

Most 23/27's that have been parked up for too long loose hydrolic fluid from the suspension, thus making them sink on the undercarriage. most museum aircraft sit too heavy for this reason.

Steve

Agreed Steve, but the ones I saw were operational a/c. I travelled a lot to Egypt, Syria and Lebanon back in the day.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Agreed Steve, but the ones I saw were operational a/c. I travelled a lot to Egypt, Syria and Lebanon back in the day.
    the MiG 23/27 are bum heavy but is you stand em still too long the hydraulic seals perish so museum aircraft are even more bum heavy than serviced flying aircraft, if you put any ordanance on those cuban ones in the photo's the exhaust would be dragging along the runway.

Steve

I have just uploaded the Cuban and Indian schemes.

Steve

Thanks for the Cuban skin Steve as well as the Indian one Mate! Mike

I have updated the Sri Lankan paint as well.

This would make a great repaint, especially as you have your grey paint pot out .
    Photo ID: 1004780

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    This would make a great repaint, especially as you have your grey paint pot out .
    Photo ID: 1004780

Sorry Paul if you have a link too the piccie or a hint where i might find "Photo ID: 1004780" It would help.

In the meantime I have just uploaded the Sri Lankan update.

Steve

I tried to provide a link but it obviously did not work. "Photo ID: 1004780" is from Airliners.net

Regards Paul Day.

Thats a MiG 23 not a 27. Bloomin nice paint scheme though.
    Heres a WIP of a Tajikistan scheme I am playing with.

I have also updated the default Indian Scheme and have a Kazakhstan almost finnished.

I have just uploaded the Indian Update, it will show up later.

I thought it was about time the Syrian's got picked on

astrojet
    Thanks, Steve. Very kind of you to offer this fine model as freeware.

Not meaning to still any of Steve's thunder, but there are a considerable number of paints for this model over on Flightsim.com (Mike Pearson) and AVSim.com (David Brice)...though a lot of David's paints depict the 27 as a 23....given the fact that the two planes are very very very similar, it is nice having the Mig-23 added to the mix.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I think my cammo works in a desert enviroment.

Just uploaded the Syrian scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Not meaning to still any of Steve's thunder, but there are a considerable number of paints for this model over on Flightsim.com (Mike Pearson) and AVSim.com (David Brice)...though a lot of David's paints depict the 27 as a 23....given the fact that the two planes are very very very similar, it is nice having the Mig-23 added to the mix.

OBIO
    There all Pearson mate, David Brice didnt release any repaints for this model.

Members who have read this thread: 34