Epic LT; Generation 2; Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic LT; Generation 2; Released

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Looks awesome Pekka!

Metallic black!

By the way, on a technical note; Strobes are now re-connected to the actual FS strobes electrical circuit and the dome lights are running off of the Wing and Recognition lights circuits through the rocker switches in the VC and 2D panels. So if you go to hit the Strobes key to turn on the interior, they will appear to not work, but in actuallity, they are, outside.

I had some people asking for this. A couple of games like Frieght Dogs, require you to have strobes on, etc, so they needed to be rewired back.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Downloaded and installed it last night... maybe today I'll have a minute to try out the latest and greatest. Pekka, that's a freakin' awesome paint! I'll definitely be getting that one when it's available.

Thanks LH Just got my update

She tells you your overspeed... I like it

SOH-CM-2014
    Yep, it's wild. Once you learn the basics of how you set up the AP, its pretty easy. If you have TrackIR, you may wish to zoom the AP up (click zone above the LCD screen). Makes it easier to tune and isnt as masochistic. Also, to powerup the AP, you simply need to hit the Z key. Saves you time over getting to the AP main power button behind the control yoke.

Remember, it has XM radio as well. Click the XM Radio button, then flip the Tune-Up rocker and it will go through 7 stations (music loops). (Click once to start song, click again for next track, etc).

Its pretty much like the Tailwind's iPhone iPod music system. Uses the identicle sound tracks, so if you want to replace tunes for your own, simply compile some music as 16bit WAV's, rename as SND20 thru SND27, and drop those into your FS/Sound/LHC folder.

Bill

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you sir!
    H

No Sound

Bill,

I seem to be having the "no sound" problem. I didn't install the update until after you had recognized the problem. Subsequently I downloaded and installed the sound file and reinstalled but still no sound with the autopilot voice.

I am running Vista ultimate 64, 4G ram, Q6600 CPU, Logitech speakers and Creative SB live Hi FiX sound Card.

This is a great addition. Any help on the sound would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Tom,

We are working on it.

By chance, are you using the Wide Screen panel or the regular panel? The regular panel is default, the Wide Screen version must be entered in the various aircraft Registry blocks in the 'aircraft.cfg' file. The first few hours of the download's release, the WS panel was missing two entries for the sound gauge.

Bill

Hi Bill,

No luck for me too. I'm in the same boat with "no sound". I was first thinking about a sound card issue, so I downloaded the latest driver, but that did not fix it. I then read the panel.cfg file to find that the FBGS_XMLSound gauge was missing in my gauges folder. I downloaded the installer once again through the link I had received yesterday, but the gauge is still missing.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Vincent Mellinger

Still can't get to the download page, I can download pdf file and did, but the only thing I can do is repurchase it. FAQ's say download buton is in grey info area of product page, don't see it
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Hi Dharris,

If your download period has expired, you don't have a direct link anymore. You must request one via this link :

http://payloadz.com/d1/lookup.asp

Regards,

Vincent Mellinger

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Hi Bill,

No luck for me too. I'm in the same boat with "no sound". I was first thinking about a sound card issue, so I downloaded the latest driver, but that did not fix it. I then read the panel.cfg file to find that the FBGS_XMLSound gauge was missing in my gauges folder. I downloaded the installer once again through the link I had received yesterday, but the gauge is still missing.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Vincent Mellinger

Thanks Melvin,

That is indeed it. We all had that darn file in our systems already from the Tailwind. I am recompiling the installers now. I will post a download link to this small GAU file shortly.

Bill
    LHC

SOH-CM-2014
    Missing XML file; download here; http://lionheartworld.net/schloss/FBGS_XMLSound.gau

Just drop this into your main Gauge folder and you are good to go.

My apologies guys. Our computers had this file in our systems already. arrghh..

<-- smacks self

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey JPM,

This occurs at night with chrome on the Epic (and all the other LHC planes). I havent found out why this occurs on chrome at night. Looks horrible. This occurs in FS2004 as well.

Bill
    It occurrs at all times for me

Yea, Bill. Welcome to my world.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmouse View Post
    I would definately redownload the installer then as something bad is going on. Chrome should look brilliant and mirror like in FSX. It could be a corrupted file.

Your spinner should look like that. Note the stacks are a seperate 'goldish' chrome to show a bit of burning from high heat. This too should be highly reflective.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014

JPM,

I have uploaded the three Chrome DDS files. Drop those into the 'texture' folder of the Epic LT. Let me know how it goes.

Link: http://lionheartworld.net/Updates/Epic_Chrome.zip

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Now, for those having gray spinners (if more then one has this), and you are in FS2004, make sure you have Aircraft has Reflective Surfaces' ticked 'on'.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Ok.. Here is a nice heads up. If you are tired of the click sounds and the girls lovely voice, to turn them off, simply take out and hide the FBGS Gauge file from the main Gauges folder in FS.

:d

Sorry.. I couldnt resist. I had struggled with the thought of complaints from people not liking the voice system after a while and there was, (to me) no way to turn it off (besides going back to the old AP file/gauge). But taking out the FBGS file does sound much easier and convenient. Anseres that question, for me anyways.

Bill

No Sound

Hi Bill,

First of all, no apologies are required. We all get more for the money than we deserve.

I still have no sound. I have downloaded both of the sound files. The GaugeSound.dll is in the main FSX folder and the XML is in the gauges folder.

What is the "sound mute" switch which is next to the autopilot switch for? I have tried it in both positions with no effect.

Thanks for your support,

Tom

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Hi Bill,

First of all, no apologies are required. We all get more for the money than we deserve.

I still have no sound. I have downloaded both of the sound files. The GaugeSound.dll is in the main FSX folder and the XML is in the gauges folder.

What is the "sound mute" switch which is next to the autopilot switch for? I have tried it in both positions with no effect.

Thanks for your support,

Tom

Hey Tom,

The Sound Mute is a fake switch, used for shutting off headset voices in the cockpit in the actual Epic aircraft.

Well, I wonder what it is that could be causing this.

Bill

Well, I wonder what it is that could be causing this.

Bill
    I don't see the FBGS... gauge called up in the panel.ws\panel.cfg file like it is in the non-widescreen panel???

Rick

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Rick, you have the early version then that first came out. An easy way to update it, is to copy/paste the Widescreen panel config file from the FS9 version and paste it into the FSX Wide Screen panel folder.

Bill

JPM,

I have uploaded the three Chrome DDS files. Drop those into the 'texture' folder of the Epic LT. Let me know how it goes.

Link: http://lionheartworld.net/Updates/Epic_Chrome.zip

Bill
    I'm using the FS9 version, Bill

I'm using the FS9 version, Bill
    Bill, I'd like to apologize for causing you to look into a non-existent problem. I had a problem a while ago with a graphics card hiccup and had turned off reflections in my troubleshooting. Some how I neglected to turn it back on. I am again sorry for any trouble.

She is really beautifull now and I'm going to fly her to Las Vegas right now.

Remember:

John 15,12 "Love each other as I have loved you"

No Sound - Fixed

Bill,

I deleted the Epic file from FSX Sim Objects, re-downloaded the Epic file and reinstalled. All working okay.

Only thing different is that all of the Epic planes are now located in the "unknown" file when you go to change aircraft.

Thanks for all of the support,

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0