The Mirage 2000 by Rollus is out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mirage 2000 by Rollus is out!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    yes Tweak mate, open the manual page 31 its the 4 green lights click them to change loadout, I think its shift 4 or 5 in the 2D under the annunciator pop up.
    and for the gear its the black and yellow striped lock under the gear lever, just click it and leave it open, its located left side main panel!
    Cheers, will give it a try now.

Currently downloading at 5.0 KB/s. It's gonna be tomorrow before I get to fly her.

Nice one mate it should work!! I'm as drunk as a skunk here and loving this Jet big style 3.08AM time for me to go up the wooden hill to bedfordshire LMAO I''m so going to regret posting this in the morning HAHA!!

Good Jet = Good mood and good times for me and all us Dassault Mirage addicts!!

tigisfat
    hmm. This looks a bit like some older payware....

And the website is odd and sketchy? Theoretically speaking, what if this was a scam?

Can anyone vouch for this developer? These days, I find it hard to believe that anyone could start from scratch and produce an aircraft without help from the FS development community. Surely someone knows these people.

Tigisfat, this work is from Roland Laborie. Check Flightsim.com, Avsim and many other places and his name will turn up many downloads. He is well known in the FS community and the site is 100% legit. Due to the size of this download, I am betting is the reason he went with these folks. Everything turned out clean in my scans. No worry.

This model is a little hard on FPS for my system but not terrible. I think it is pretty well loaded up on polys and advanced functions.
    "Soon to be Expat"

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    Tigisfat, this work is from Roland Laborie. Check Flightsim.com, Avsim and many other places and his name will turn up many downloads. He is well known in the FS community and the site is 100% legit. Due to the size of this download, I am betting is the reason he went with these folks. Everything turned out clean in my scans. No worry.
    That's good to hear. You've got all kinds of answers, you know that? Now, if only you could explain why I'm obsessed with cubed fractile theory.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    that's good to hear. You've got all kinds of answers, you know that? Now, if only you could explain why i'm obsessed with cubed fractile theory.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Too much turbine oil ingestion??? = "Dain Bramage"
    "Soon to be Expat"

It's such a shame no repaints are allowed, I'd love to see a good repaint kit for this aircraft.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Yeah, I agree with this Chris H. Not sure why that is but it would've been nice to see some different paint slung onto this model. The ones that come with it look quite nice though.

One of my buddies is trying out new afterburner mods in this model already. However, because of the no-mod/no-paint policy of the Mirage's author, it will likely not be uploaded anywhere. Strictly a back channel thing if he even does complete a good mod.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Hi everybody,
    As deathfromafar said, Roland Laborie is not a newcomer in freeware modeling (look after his Crusader or Mirage IVM model for example).
    This M2000-5 is his first full FSX model, and to my opinion, the work he did with BeeGee (mister "Flight model" of the French community!) is really outstanding.
    Regarding the the no-mod/no-repaint policy, I don't know exactly why he did this, but it looks like the reaction of a developper exasperated at the way a few minority of the FS community hacks/"hijacks" his works...
    (This is only my opinion, and NOT Roland's thought)

Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to translate the doc for you, may be some Belle Province's mates (VaporZ where are you? ) will be able to help you more efficiently?

Regards,
    Sylvain

dhazelgrove
    This is a masterpiece. It's amazing.
    The only thing I could say is that I'd like a bit more texture to the canopy/windscreen. It looks non-existent on my system. Otherwise.....

Dave

Is there any other link for the download or is it only through their site?
    Thank you.

dhazelgrove
    Quote Originally Posted by GR27 View Post
    Is there any other link for the download or is it only through their site?
    Thank you.
    It's their route, or nothing.

Dave

WoW WoW WoW!!!!

really amazing! the only issue i find is that the auto pilot hunts if there is a slight wind... and of course i want some GOOOOOOOOD sounds for it - can anyone point me in that direction?
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Skysim mirage3 sounds works great
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Help me someone, that can be downloaded from the Mirage, because you do not succeed!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by shackleton_boy View Post
    Skysim mirage3 sounds works great
    That's good to know. Rolland's Mirage assumes you have the Accelerator add-on installed since it aliases the F-18 (a two engine sound).

The Skysim sounds are available here: http://www.sky-sim.co.uk/catalog/pro...products_id=68

I also have some sounds on my site but don't know if any would work well in FSX since they are showing their age now. Kirk's F1 sound might work?
    :ernae:

In your opinion Fsfranek would you say that the skysims mirage sound is like the real one, I've only seen this jet for real a few times and that was years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I also have some sounds on my site but don't know if any would work well in FSX since they are showing their age now.
    I've tried the fs2000 Mirage 2000 sounds and they work, didn't get a lot of stick time at the moment and I'm snot sure how accurate they are, but they work.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    That's good to know. Rolland's Mirage assumes you have the Accelerator add-on installed since it aliases the F-18 (a two engine sound).

The Skysim sounds are available here: http://www.sky-sim.co.uk/catalog/pro...products_id=68

I also have some sounds on my site but don't know if any would work well in FSX since they are showing their age now. Kirk's F1 sound might work?
    :ernae:
    Thank you Frank for the link and advice on sounds. Much appreciated

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

dhazelgrove
    I've changed the alias to Aerosoft's F-16 for the moment - until there's a better single-engine sound suite. Perhaps the IRIS F-16D?

Dave

I downloaded it last night and flew it for a few flights....

Simply awesome. :ernae: thank you Rolland.

I removed the old FS9 Mirage 2000 from FSX. It has become superfluous now.

It's amazing the amazing freeware we have be fortunate to receive the past few months...Dino's Cat, The Mig-21 and now the Mirage 2000. As I said in my previous post things are certainily looking up for FSX.

-G-

Has anyone noticed that when you remove all the tanks and missles the smoke system comes on, thats no problem but I get engine smoke off the left wing? Also when looking inside the mirage folder I found a file called "Version_sp" containing an aircraft.cfg and an .air file, anyone know what they do could that be the easy already started file?

F-16 sounds is probably a bad choice since the advanced GE (or PW) turbofan engines has little in common with the single spool construction of the SNECMA M53 which power the M2000. A closer fit will probably be the older Snecma Atar engine which makes the skysim Mirage a good substitute on the paper. I have not heard both the old 3-5 series and the 2000 at the same time, so I don't know how they match up sound wise.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 9