The Mirage 2000 by Rollus is out! - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Mirage 2000 by Rollus is out!

dhazelgrove
    Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Has anyone else had problems getting the Window07 to show up? I can't get it to show. Thanks, regards, Bob.
    Check the gauge number in the window. Mine showed as gauge10 for the only gauge in the window. It's supposed to be 'gauge00'.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Check the gauge number in the window. Mine showed as gauge10 for the only gauge in the window. It's supposed to be 'gauge00'.

Dave
    Hi. Thanks. You are right. There were two places in the Windows that called out gauge01 not gauge00. I have used FSPS several times and it rewrote them as gauge 00. The radar panel flashes quickly when I open it and it disappears. I am still looking for a fix for it. Here's my Window07:

[Window07]

size_mm=386,768
    position=1
    visible=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=48
    gauge00=mirage2000-5_gauges_R!detectradar, 0,0,386,768

I discovered in my troubleshooting that the mirage2000-5_gauges_R!detectradar gauge will not display in my SP1 FSX at all. I put it in the Window00 as gauge 36 and it does not display at all. There must be something in that section of the gauge that SP1 does not like.

Best regards, Bob.

dhazelgrove
    I'm with SP1 myself. It can be a challenge.

My gut feeling would be to replace the offending gauge with another radar. Eric Marciano's, for example. I must have a look at this.

Remember that we're not allowed to publish modifications to this aircraft - and this would count.

Dave

I'm with SP1 myself. It can be a challenge.

My gut feeling would be to replace the offending gauge with another radar. Eric Marciano's, for example. I must have a look at this.

Remember that we're not allowed to publish modifications to this aircraft - and this would count.

Dave
    Hi. Please let me know if this happens to you too. I think the problem is in the HELPID's in the gauge. They are for SP2, and later, and won't let it show in SP1. Regards, Bob.

Hi. Please let me know if this happens to you too. I think the problem is in the HELPID's in the gauge. They are for SP2, and later, and won't let it show in SP1. Regards, Bob.
    Time to update perhaps?
    :ernae:

dhazelgrove
    Yep. The same issue here. Not a problem, though, as I simply swapped-out the offending gauge. Two minute job.

Regarding Frank's suggestion of 'upgrading' to SP2/Acceleration. I must say that I have tried, but my laptop hardware fails the SP2 installation hardware checks -- so I'm stuck with SP1. There are advantages, though.
    Admittedly, I don't get the carrier handling items, but I use Rob Barendregt's COP anyway.

Dave

Which switches?

Startup? I do it this way:

1. From the 2D panel: hit [shift+4]. On the displayed panel (at the bottom) flick all three switches so that they point right.
    2. Hit [ctrl+E].
    3. Hit [ctrl+shift+F4] until the engine fires.

Works every time.

Dave
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=21496&page=15

In relation to the cockpit photo, (Link Above) where are the 3 switches you
    mention in Item #1 :isadizzy:

dhazelgrove
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=21496&page=15

In relation to the cockpit photo, (Link Above) where are the 3 switches you
    mention in Item #1 :isadizzy:
    They're numbered "1", "2" and "3" on the photo.

Dave

Translated PDF File

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    I e-mailed Rollus about an anglish manual this week-end. He is well aware of its necessity and he is in touch with someone to do it. So all our english speaking friends have to do is to wait for it...

Try this:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/tools...ranslate/3553/

forstmeier

Mirage 2000-5 - Engine no sound

Maybe someone can help me.

I installed the Mirage 2000-5 as per installation instructions.

The Problem is:
    There is no ENGINE SOUND AT ALL.

While the Clic-Sound is ok and even strong.

There are some Sound-indications but i believe the present files should work.

i copied all relative files into the indicated folders inclusiv the Sound Files that are described in a separate section with the PDF-File.

The plain is flying + there is no other problem upto now.

Thanks for a explanation.

Raimund - Padova / Italy

forstmeier
    RESOLVED THE PROBLEM

I found the original-sound Mirage Sound files + changing the sound.cfg file. Quite different from a F18 sound.

Now it is working fine and realistic.

Raimund

clay
    Could some one please,please,please send this to me because I can not find this anywhere!!!!!!!! when I go to their page it "crash" http://rollus13.perso.neuf.fr/index.php

--WingMan--
    Hi all!
    I did the register first and tried to use your link for the Mirage2000 of Rollus. But after clicking it, a black page appeared with a white banner saying "CRASH".
    Is your link meanwhile dead or did I something wrong?
    Would be great when you can help me please!

Keep the blue side up!
    Bye

--WingMan--
    I also tried it on the mirage4fs homepage which seems to be the origin of your link.
    Says the same... CRASH...

Just an update on this. So the site was hacked. And also apparently torrent types have been making downloads available (something like 20,000 -- who says FS is dead) despite the author's specific request not to. So he is pretty pissed off about it (when he said no repaints he meant it, when he said no other download locations he meant it) and has, as anyone who tried to visit the site has experienced, pulled the plug. I'm not sure what the fate will be for the Rafale he was working on. I'll let you know when he writes back.

Some discussion here. Echoes what I read from Roland in a French forum:
    http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb2/...=1261279354/15

VFR Reviews

rats.

His stance on his work baffles me, but before I pass judgement, could anyone give me a good reason why someone would only limit downloads of a freeware addon to their own site, with explicit instructions not to upload to any other sites, trusted or not? I really can't see why that'd do any more harm than good. :isadizzy:

I just decided to take a look at this thread to see (I thought) how everyone was enjoying the 2000, instead, it appears that the site is down after being hacked and future downloads are non-existent right now?:isadizzy:

Shoot, I was going to finally get around to downloading and flying the Mirage. Guess that'll have to wait. Folks just can't keep their hands out of the cookie jar!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Dag
    Hi. Thanks. You are right. There were two places in the Windows that called out gauge01 not gauge00. I have used FSPS several times and it rewrote them as gauge 00. The radar panel flashes quickly when I open it and it disappears. I am still looking for a fix for it. Here's my Window07:

[Window07]

size_mm=386,768
    position=1
    visible=0
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=48
    gauge00=mirage2000-5_gauges_R!detectradar, 0,0,386,768

I discovered in my troubleshooting that the mirage2000-5_gauges_R!detectradar gauge will not display in my SP1 FSX at all. I put it in the Window00 as gauge 36 and it does not display at all. There must be something in that section of the gauge that SP1 does not like.

Best regards, Bob.
    Have these problems been known to cause an out of memory/memory error? It does on my system when zooming to certain parts of the VC, of which I cannot point out exactly?

A pity he's been hacked but also a very strange distribution policy. Could be handy if he's to issue frequent updates tho, only one server to upload to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    His stance on his work baffles me, but before I pass judgement, could anyone give me a good reason why someone would only limit downloads of a freeware addon to their own site, with explicit instructions not to upload to any other sites, trusted or not? I really can't see why that'd do any more harm than good. :isadizzy:
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

This will sound harsh, but he basically had it coming.

Still, I hope there's a satisfactory solution for all parties, say users and developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Could be handy if he's to issue frequent updates tho, only one server to upload to.
    Well, you can still upload to just one location only and let the internet do the rest.

The site is back up. Who knows for how long? Get it while you can.

http://rollus13.perso.neuf.fr/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    The site is back up. Who knows for how long? Get it while you can.

http://rollus13.perso.neuf.fr/index.php
    I get that the page doesn't exist when I log in (at least that's what I can interpret from my minimal command of the french language).

-G-

Yea, so did I but on the left there is a link to "register", fill that out, when completed and you click "ok" (or whatever to continue) you'll get some errors, ignore those, go back and click the "download link", sign in and the download will begin. (slow downloads also. . .currently with hi-speed internet I'm downloading at 180kb/sec)
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

YES.

The other day I was going to have a big rant, I'd been waiting to download this thing for months! Fortunately however I decided to keep quiet, so perhaps this is karma repaying me. 3% downloaded

FINALLY!

Downloading now.

Members who have read this thread: 8