Shaking Airplanes!!!

Thread: Shaking Airplanes!!!

Shaking Airplanes!!!

Hello there. I don't know if anybody have the same problem but what I'm about to describe it's odd and I really don't have any explanation for it. It happens with a few of my planes installed (always add-ons and always the same ones). They start to shake in flight laterally. At first I thought It was a problem with the LCD screen but when I hit F4 and see the airplane from outside I realise it's just the plane not the scenary. I really would like for someone to give me a hint of what's happening. Video Card problem? My system is an Athlon 64 Dual Core 2.21 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM and NVidea GeForce 7600 SE.

Airplanes: Mermaz Dewoitine 520, Ito's P-61 and a few others

Many thanks

It's not a hardware problem, it's not a driver problem. It's a problem in the air and config files....something to do with the MOI (Moment of Inertia) settings. BUt then again, it could be normal shaking due to over speed conditions....as some planes will shake when flown too fast.

I am sure someone with more skill working with air and config files will chime in and give you the detailed help you need.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Open the aircraft.cfg with Notepad (or other Windows text editor) and increase the empty weight Moment Of Inertia for the axis (pitch, roll or yaw) that is involved until the aircraft oscillation ceases. It is possible that all the MOI axis may have to be increased.

Aircraft.cfg sample:

;Moments of Inertia
    empty_weight_pitch_MOI=3876.14
    empty_weight_roll_MOI=3797.96
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI=7815.92

I will add this, which is just about the only thing I know about MOI:

If the plane shakes up and down, adjust the Pitch MOI:

If the plane shakes left to right, adjust the Yaw MIO:

If the plane shakes side to side (like a rocking boat), adjust the Roll MOI:

That pretty much sums up my knowledge of the MOI.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    (like a rocking boat)
    That's me...but I cannot afford a boat so I just rock away in my cheap swing... :d
    :ernae:

Shaking Airplanes!!!

They probably need a little bit of the hair from the dog that bit them...
    Sorry, I couln't resist.

Yeah, those MOI's are a real project of experimentation. Good luck zeke. I mean that in a good way.

Members who have read this thread: 0