Rhine River Patrol.

Thread: Rhine River Patrol.

Rhine River Patrol.

Thought I would do a little patrol up the Rhine making sure none of those sneaky allied people trying to sneak into Germany.

Using the information from the Rhine River Cruise from Flightsim.

Pictures.

Starting at Lake Constance(Bodense) heading North. Stop some distance from the lake to visit an outpost along the river.

Nice shots T! A little early for Oktoberfest aren't we? :d

Is the Plane the Alphasim Freeware ?
    nice shots

BR
    Tom

Thanks, yes it is freeware from Alphasim.

jim

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    That looks absolute fun. I must go get that, does it come with out that certain offensive logo? Thank You for posting some great pics Taco.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

The Alpha Sim Arado AR196 comes with swasticas. If you need the swasticas removed, I can take the textures into photoshop and spray over them.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, we are off and running up the Rhine again. Strange things are happening, for example, on one side of the river the folks are waving sticks, axes, and all sort of things, even throwing rocks etc, but on the German side a lots of waves and smiles from the pretty young frauleins along the riverbanks. Of course we waved back,sure would be nice to stop for awhile, but alas, duty calls!

Most of the time we only had about five to ten miles visibility, but later in the flight the weather cleared up, and we got some better pictures of the countryside. Landed for a coffee break and some chow just north of Basel..

As we get further to the north we are going to need to be on the look out a light blue spitfire!

Oops, here are a couple more pictures.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    That looks absolute fun. I must go get that, does it come with out that certain offensive logo? Thank You for posting some great pics Taco.
    Don't really understand what the issue is...historically correct aircraft model has a swastika on the tail. It's not quite the same as goose stepping down the Friedrichstrasse in 2009, wearing a Nazi armband.
    In Victorian times they had similar problems with symbols and symbology.
    You were not allowed to show any portion of the female leg; it became fashionable to swathe table and chair legs with bits of cloth, lest they be seen.

Has anybody done any paints for the AR196? It's a nice plane and some new skins would make it even nicer.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Has anybody done any paints for the AR196? It's a nice plane and some new skins would make it even nicer.

OBIO
    Stalin did a few. If I remmember correctly there are most major German battleships covered along with Romanian and Norway skins.

Steve

Tried to download Stalin's paints for the 196 and got an error message on all of them.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Off and running again! The country has been flat as a pancake here lately, and it looks in places like the river has over run its banks. Darn weather again, one minute you can’t hardly see a few miles and the next its clear as a bell. Well, still heading north, we flew pasted Strasbourg (picture), and then pasted Karlsruhe, and stopped near Heidelberg, and for some long forgotten reason, Heidelberg reminds me of some nice liquid refreshments. All in all so far the flight has been real smooth and quite.