Hello Kitty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty

Our family of critters grew by one today....my wife was on Craigslist and saw a posting for free Bangel Kittens...and just had to have one. His name is Auggie Roman Gala, and he is a cutie. 8 weeks old and nearly as tall as our female Chihuahua (who is not a normal sized Chihuahua...Hazel is a monster at 8 pounds).

While I am not a huge cat person, I think that Auggie really doesn't care. He has taken a pretty strong liking to me...well, at least my toes. I find it hard to kill German soldiers in Call of Duty with a wild cat hybrid attacking my toes.

Here are four pics of Auggie....and the last pic has not been altered in any way...that is the actual face Auggie was making.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    in the last pic you can just imagine him thinking "TOES!!!!!!"
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Hey OBIO, we got 7 cats. There is one sitting on my lap right now. When I get a chance to look inside my pc, I thing I may find enough fur to make a couple more. That must be one of those "silver" models. Well, if it turns out to be like Charlie,female, good luck getting anything done on your pc! We live on the end of our street, people "drop off" their unwanted cats all the time. Sometimes, I wish I had a gun, not for the cats. Be careful, I here that type are very frisky and love water

MCDesigns
    awwwww, love that 3rd image, what a cutie! I am not a dog person, but love cats, I have a long hair Himalayan named Isabelle.

Happiness Consultant
    I'm alergic to cats .. I think I feel my eyes swelling now as I type ..

"Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Hey MCDesigns, We got an old flame point H, somewhere between 18-20. Our only fancy cat. He's got so may papers, I think he may be royality or something. Quite a meow on the old boy. Anyway, if your cat is ever looking for a date.......oh never mind, I don't think he cares about the ladies anymore. What is this, one of those cat sites, heh, heh

That is a cutie OBIO. I love cats except for the claws. The two cats we have have ruined the couch in the family room downstairs, from treading on the arms. Even the spray to keep them off doesn't work all that great. We live with it tho as I can't bear to have them declawed... very painful for the little chits. And forget the scratching post idea.... they ignored the one we had.... they know it ain't a couch or chair. LOL
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Awwwwwww Auggie is a babydoll!! I love cats! I have two of my own, both adopted from the local humane society.

I never thought of looking on Craig's List for cats....Wow! Great find! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

GT182

I'm with ya on the dislike of declawing....very cruel procedure. My wife rescued a kitten from the parking lot of the hospital a couple years or so ago...poor thing had been abandoned and left behind when some people were evicted from a house across the street from the hospital. Little gal was terribly dirty, terribly skinny and terribly eaten up with worms and fleas. We got her back into tip top condition and found her a forever home with a couple who had just lost their cat...after an 18 year life of being pampered and loved...we felt that that was a good home for Chasie to life her life in.

Anyhow, Deb wanted to have Chasie declawed, thinking it would make it easier to get her into a good home. I refused to have the procedure done....and after I explained to Deb and showed her stuff on the internet about how declawing was done (they remove the parts of the toes), she is now as anti-declawing as I am. Horrible practice that needs to be banned. We find that a weekly clipping with a pair of finger nail clippers keeps the nails nice and short, dull as all get out, and that furniture and curtains are quite safe.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool

Love that last picture. My female calico makes some pretty goofy faces when she yawns which makes me chuckle.
    Baby is 8 now and I got her from a pet adoption agency when she was 2 years old. She is queen of the roost and I am her manservant and doorman. She is really good about what she can scratch and not scratch so I don't worry about it too much. Bout the only concern I have with her is the fur, I am a bit allergic to it, and it has cost me a power supply on my computer a year or so ago. My fault really for not cleaning it often enough, you could have knit a sweater out of the fur in that case! I threatened to shave her at that point but never followed through.
    Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Lionus
    that last picture needs caption.. "medicationwhatmedicationihaventseenyourmedication lol"

Master of Disaster
    EKKKKK!! That last picture scares me! My wife has two cats....not mine! And they make me sneeze like hell but my jack russel terrier loves to chase them around....i.e. cat herding! Which is always entertaining to me.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Very cute kitty!

Most of you who know me are aware of the large number of cats we have (23 currently). How we acquired so many of them was due to involvement in pet rescue. My wife (soon to be ex wife) is moving to her own place within a day or so. Eventually she will be taking all but two of the cats, which I am keeping. A few months back, we returned the only pedigreed cat we had to the breeder. He was a beautiful seal point (wedge head) siamese, named "Twist". The main reason we gave him up was because he was mean to several of our cats, plus he was really destructive with his claws. Well, the two cats I am keeping got along with "Twist", so I will soon be getting him back! I am so looking forward to having him home again. Siamese are not like other cats. Hard to explain. They are very animated; almost monkey-like.

We don't believe in declawing either. The thing is, if keeping furniture from being damaged is a priority, then don't get a cat!

Congratulations on the new kitty!

NC

We are in a good spot for cats. We let them out at first light. We make a bunch of noise in case any coyotes are around. Round them all up at supper time, not hard, all you need is a spoon and an empty can. They go in and out the window all day. Can we talk about how they seem to prefer to barf on the best carpet they can find? Cats are meant to have claws. Dang, viking3, I better have a look in there, might just get a performance boost. Chief, I'm glad your getting Twist back, sounds like he's picky about who he hangs out with. 23 cats? 7 is plenty!

Auggie is currently sound asleep under on of the kitchen chairs...and the dogs are not pestering him like they did yesterday. We kept Auggie confined to my office/sim room most of the day yesterday, giving him time to adjust to not having his siblings around him and giving the dogs used to his smell. Hazel wants to play with Auggie, but Auggie just doesn't know doggie play yet. Brutus pretty much ignores Auggie. Also working on getting the dogs to leave the kitty food alone. They stuck their noses in Auggie's food dish once, I gave them a stern "LEAVE IT!" and they have not even approached the bowl since....not even while I was over at the neighbor's dropping off my joystick for a small solder job.

While I was cooking lunch, which consisted of reheating left overs in the nukerwave, Auggie was having a field day attacking my feet....something about my feet sends that kitten into a fury...guess I will just have to wear by boots when I am in the house.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lionus
    Cats > dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionus View Post
    Cats > dogs.
    I agree EXCEPT that my dog doesn't spray on everything and anything. A couple of our cats are bad sprayers. We can't leave anything out on the kitchen counter, or small items on the floor, etc..... Just yesterday I was hooking up some stereo components, and left the tv remote on the floor for just a few minutes, and left the room. You guessed it. It got nailed. Ruined. About 20 bucks to replace it. THAT is enough to make you mad!!

NC

Clippers sounds good for one. But to use them on the other one we'd need body armor. And then 3 more years to get close to her again, she's one paranoid cat. LOL

After having her for 8 years she finally went outside the house last week. As soon as she saw a bird she ran back in and hid.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    OBIO,
    Your new one is almost a dead ringer for our newest.
    Here's a pic of Jupiter relaxing with our older gray cat Mika.
    Do ya think they like each other?

Charter Member 2016
    We approve !!

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    I never thought of looking on Craig's List for cats...
    Craig's list is a GREAT place to find pussy...cats....

Retired SOH Administrator
    I agree with Panther, Craig's list is a great place to find almost everything....

Eli

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tigisfat
    OBIO,

I hope you don't take this personally, but I've been breeding bengals for a while now and that is not a bengal cat. Your cat looks like a fun and beautiful one, but this is what a bengal looks like:

There are no bengals with as much white as yours. When they do have a white belly, they must have small flecked spots on them.

If your cat is part bengal, then I'm dissapointed in the owner of the bengal that produced these kittens for their irresponsibility in letting this happen. I'm glad people like yourself stepped in to provide good homes for them, and I hope yourself and the other owners get them spayed/neutered lest this brand new breed's clean genetics and good health be destroyed like so many popular dog and cat breeds out there. I love mutts and have had more of them than purebreds, but there are many grand breeds that everyone wants to see around for a long time. Not even registries and pedigree organizations can stop good bloodlines from being ruined. To that end, my bloodhound puppy grew a white spot on her chest a few months ago....

Enjoy your new beast!

I've had 3 kats so far... I don't know that I want another one though. Dogs are so much easier to amuse and take care of. Besides, our whippet is like a big cat. :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    OBIO,

I hope you don't take this personally, but I've been breeding bengals for a while now and that is not a bengal cat. Your cat looks like a fun and beautiful one, but this is what a bengal looks like:

There are no bengals with as much white as yours. When they do have a white belly, they must have small flecked spots on them.

If your cat is part bengal, then I'm dissapointed in the owner of the bengal that produced these kittens for their irresponsibility in letting this happen. I'm glad people like yourself stepped in to provide good homes for them, and I hope yourself and the other owners get them spayed/neutered lest this brand new breed's clean genetics and good health be destroyed like so many popular dog and cat breeds out there. I love mutts and have had more of them than purebreds, but there are many grand breeds that everyone wants to see around for a long time. Not even registries and pedigree organizations can stop good bloodlines from being ruined. To that end, my bloodhound puppy grew a white spot on her chest a few months ago....
    Not all Bengals look like yours....there are other colorations of Bengals. I would love to have a Bengal that looks like yours...but am happy with Auggie...even if he, in fact, is not a Bengal.

Here's a link with some of the other color forms of the Bengal:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catbreed/bengal.htm

And yes, Auggie will be neutered. All of our animals are neutered. Well, the dogs and ferrets are...the birds and fish are not. Pets live longer, healthier and happier lives when they are neutered. I have never had an interest in breeding any of the animals I have owned. Not even a Beagle I had as a teenager...even though he came from a long line of proven field and show champions (actually, two lines...his ma and pa both were the result of long long championship blood lines). My cousin Larry spent HUGE money to buy the parents, and he was getting $1000 and up per pup out of those dogs. He gave my sister Odie as a birthday present...and I "inherited" Odie after my sister failed to properly care for him. Even though Odie's genetics made him a valuable breeding stud, I had him snipped, got him back into tip top health and gave him to a hunting/fishing/shooting buddy for his girls to play with...he loved kids.

My wife went to pick out the kitten, and she said that Auggie's brother was much larger, had almost no white , and was not at all a friendly kitten and that he would not allow her to get close to him. Auggie, on the other hand, ran right up to my wife......and that is what we want..a family pet that we can interact with, not a half wild 20 pound cat...though if Auggie gets that big it would be cool.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]