Hello Kitty - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Kitty

OBIO; Your wife picked the cat she liked, that's all that matters. Our only "breed cat" used to belong to my mom. Mom got sick and asked me to take him. I bought her this cat for her birthday or something. My mom seemed to like fancy looking cats. I don't really care what they look like, or where they come from. I feel better about helping an animal that nobody seems to want. We have to "snip" them, or else there will be a lot more animals that nobody wants. I can see you guys love the kitten. Auggie's got a great family, you got a great cat, that's all that matters.

I've lived with cats most of my life, and we currently have 3. All were found abandoned and too little to live on their own, so my girlfriend and her daughters hand fed them. They just turned a year old. One is a Maine coon mix and is very loveable. His brother is an orange tabby, and the third is a female calico. The house I lived in until 3 months ago had a white with seal point markings long haired and a full blooded orange Maine Coon male, originally named Garfield. His name was changed when we got him to Moose, as he is a moose of a cat. He weighs 25 pounds and is as big as a small dog. He still has a little of the Garfield in him, as my former room mate ate some lasagnia, he licked the plate afterward. The only people food I've ever heard of him eat.

Cat bites

Well guys, just got back from dr. office. Our youngest cat clamped onto me, sunday at noon. (my fault, he likes playing rough) I felt pretty bad yesterday, but this am, my forearm hurt like heck, had a headache, and 102 temp. Well, my wife was looking for a shovel, ready to bury me I quess. If this happens to you tell your doctor you need "AMOXI-CLAV" or "AMOXICILLIN/CLAVULANATE" Our cats are all up to date on everthing. About vets: Do yourself a favor and shop around. Our old vet wanted us to get 2 teeth pulled out of our 1 eyed cat, Van Gough. After spending many, many thousands there, I took him to a new vet. Not a thing wrong with his teeth, said bring him back to get his teeth cleaned in 6 months. Cost 60. The other vet wanted 1200+, and I'm not lying. If your cat does bite you, don't worry, they won't tell you to put it down. Now I don't want to get our friends from the south all worked up. I have health ins. for wife and I (100 a month) My total cost today including drugs, was about 5.50. I am going to bed, see ya.

Yep, cat bites can be very very nasty...not so much the actual wound itself, but the infection that sets in afterward...and quickly! Dogs, when they bite, tend to make wounds that are more open...dogs use a tearing bite and their bite holes are open and allow the blood from the wound to more easily flush out the bacteria and debris left from the teeth. Cats use a crushing bite...they simply clamp on and bite really hard. As a result, cat bites are closed wounds....once the teeth are out of the bite wounds, the wounds close up....trapping bacteria and debris within the punctures. Those bacteria and debris quickly lead to nasty infections, and for the most part..the human body has no strong defense against the bacteria present in a cat's mouth....hence, a very fast infection rate, and a high probability of that infection developing into blood poisoning or cyptacemia.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I`m livin' it! Just got back from hospital. Got an IV stuck in, I saw my vien turning color, arm was ichy, I was concerned, ok, freaking. I asked the nurse if this was normal. They took out IV and gave me some other stuff. All from a cat bite. And, I have to go back tommorrow, for more. It's pay back time, here kitty, kitty. Oh, why bother, he'll probably get my other arm.