Aero L-39 skins. - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Aero L-39 skins.

I'll give it a try mate

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinFlyer View Post
    I might do the other Skyline Aviation L-39 as well later on.
    Yes please!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Thanks Yago9 for the superb Romanian Air Force L-39 :

Superb Silver Shinning effect !
    Very Good Job detailing the Ejection Seats !
    Excellent "Mimic" repaint of the helmet to represent the current
    Us Made HGU-55 Helmet.

About helmets, do youthink you can eventually create "Mimic" repaints for :

the Soviet Era "ZsH-5" Helmet
    ( still used by Romanian Officers and other military L-39 operators )
    and
    the Russain current "Zsh-7AP" Helmet
    ( also widely used by many military L-39 operators )

I know the oxygen mask could be a problem but at least could you
    try it without the O2 mask ?

I am sure that many "Lotus L-39 Fans" would appreciate it.
    :ernae:
    VaporZ

Zsh-5 Helmet

Zsh-7AP Helmet
    much more complicated that i first thought.Those holes are getting very distorted in those spots.Can,t do any better then this..

I think it looks good mate, you can tell what there mean't to be and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned with regard to helmets!

Hello VaporZ,

I can explain you the procedure step by step so that you can use my "green cockpit".

Step 1:
    When you bought this addon and when your L-39 is correctly installed on your FSX you possess 5 versions as indicated below:
    a) Lotus L-39
    b) Lotus L-39-LR
    c) Lotus L-39-multi
    d) Lotus L-39-race
    e) Lotus L-39-SS
    IMPORTANT: To look the screenshot #1

Step 2:
    If you open the Lotus L-39 folder you find another folder which is called: texture
    In this texture folder there are all the originals textures for all the Lotus cockpits.
    IMPORTANT: To look the screenshot #2

Step 3:
    You drag and drop this original texture folder somewhere into your Hard-disk and rename this texture folder like that: "textureTopaze"

Step 4:
    After downloading my folder zip, locate it, and extract the file into your "textureTopaze" folder.

Step 3:
    Will get a warning about overwriting existing files. Just click OK or YES !!!

Step 4:
    You drag and drop your textureTopaze folder into the Lotus L-39 folder like that: Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lotus L-39\textureTopaze
    IMPORTANT: To look the screenshot #3

Step 5:
    As example we can use the skin created by Zlin: that you can download at this address: http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=137907
    IMPORTANT: To look the screenshot #4

Step 6:
    Once the textures of Zlin installed, you can find her folder here : ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lotus L-39\texture.hun119 and you have absolutely to modify the file texture.cfg of Zlin like that and off course save it before launch your FSX:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Lotus L-39\texture.bump
    fallback.2=..\..\Lotus L-39\textureTopaze

Step 7:
    You launch your FSX and you chosen the Lotus L-39 with Zlin's textures and if everything is OK, my cockpit will be installed correctly.
    IMPORTANT: To look the screenshot #5

Step 8:
    If you meet any problems, send me an message on this forum and I help you again...........

################################################## ################################################## #################################

Screenshot #1:

Screenshot #2

Screenshot #3

Screenshot #4

Screenshot #5

IMPORTANT:
    Here we are, now I hope that you will be able to install my "Green cockpit" without problems, if you want to install my "Green cockpit" with the Lotus L-39-LR version you have to modify the file texture.cfg like indicated to the step 6.

Best regards, Olivier AKA Skulleader.

Hello,
    You can download my "Russian Cockpit" on Flightsim.com : http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=138057

I have not yet received the license of uploader with Sim-ouhouse and I wait with patience.

Best regards, Olivier.

yago9

Very nice, Yago. I hope to see it in the uploads at some point.

JamesChams
    Mr. Oliver "Skulleader,"

Merci!

=====================

Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

Awesome textures, as always ... When are you planning on posting them?
    Also, are you planning on updating your F-14D textures for Dino's latest v1.00 which include "spectular"? (If you are, would you kindly include those really cool helmets textures).

Thanks!

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Mr. Oliver "Skulleader,"

Merci!

=====================

Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

Awesome textures, as always ... When are you planning on posting them?
    Also, are you planning on updating your F-14D textures for Dino's latest v1.00 which include "spectular"? (If you are, would you kindly include those really cool helmets textures).

Thanks!

At some point ,I will upload the L39 textures..When,I don,t know,i still make adjustments to them all.
    When I,m sure I have the final version of the F14D i might take another look at it.Specular maps for a war plane like F14 ?..is it in any need for a shiny coat ?

JamesChams

Mr. Lucian "Yago9,"

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    At some point ,I will upload the L39 textures..When,I don,t know,i still make adjustments to them all.
    No Prob, Sir; I can wait.

When I,m sure I have the final version of the F14D i might take another look at it.Specular maps for a war plane like F14 ?..is it in any need for a shiny coat ?
    I'd love to see your VF-84 scheme all brand-new and shiny with those awesome Skull & Cross-bone yellow painted helmets from the 80's & early 90's. If you make those, than that would make my day.

Thanks & Later!

Towards the end they cleaned up a few of the D's, and boy did they shine!

Here's my final preview of VH-KEE. I've still got a couple minor things left to do. It should be uploaded to SOH in the next few days. I will also include a two seater and tanks version.

Thanks to Olivier alias Skulleader for the installation instructions of its "Topaze" cockpit.

It worked perfectly.

One important thing :

1. It is important to kept the original Lotus "texture"
    2. Make a copy of it to create the new "textureTopaze"
    3. Keep both "texture" and "textureTopaze" on your files.

This enable you to keep grey cockpits ( texture ) for private L-39
    and change to "aqua" cockpits ( textureTopaze ) for eastern bloc
    L-39 operators by simply changing the appropriate lines on the
    cgf texture file of each airplaine as you wish.

Thanks again

VaporZ

VaporZ
    Yes you have right !!!
    it's my procedure that I created, you have very well understood what I wanted to explain to you.
    You have to have 2 texture folder , 1 texture folder for the cockpit originals of lotus (grey) and 1 textureTopaze folder for my cockpit.

You explain very well the situation and procedure ........

I would indeed like to modify the texts which are in English and to replace them by the Cyrillic but I know not the Russian .......

PS: If you meet some errors with my cockpit please write me.....

************************************************** **************************

SUPER TOP !!

yago9, I really like your skin, when I look at your screeens I have the sensation to see a true plane.
    Once again you proves us your talent, it's a big ART !

Best regards, Olivier.

Quote Originally Posted by yago9 View Post
    much more complicated that i first thought.Those holes are getting very distorted in those spots.Can,t do any better then this..
    1. Your Zhs-7AP helmet looks pretty good Yago9.

2. Do you intend to release your Romanian L-39 version with the older ( Cold War Era ) "Romanian Star" markings ?

VaporZ

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    1. Your Zhs-7AP helmet looks pretty good Yago9.

2. Do you intend to release your Romanian L-39 version with the older ( Cold War Era ) "Romanian Star" markings ?

VaporZ
    Yes, maybe this week..I,ve just uploaded this one.I,ve decided not to go for the green VC though..You can add Skulleader,s green VC if you want.
    F14 it,s not on my plans anytime soon.

A totally fictitious scheme.

SEA scheme of the 60s and 70s.

VCN-1

VCN-1...that has to be the coolest paint for the L-39 I've seen yet!

Hello

Juste a small question for yago9,

I,ve just uploaded this one.I,ve decided not to go for the green VC though..

Why you change your skin with green cockpit, why to replace by grey cockpit ?
    If I don't say stupidities only the Ejection seats are grey all the rest of the cockpit is green, not ?
    Because the real L-39 possess well one green cockpit as we can see on these photos, please can you give me your explanation ?

AND

Best regards, Skulleader :ernae:

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by skulleader View Post
    Hello

Juste a small question for yago9,

Because the real L-39 possess well one green cockpit as we can see on these photos, please can you give me your explanation ?

Best regards, Skulleader :ernae:
    Why would I bother do the green interior when you done it already and it,s available for download. This way people can choose the gray or the green. Me , I prefer it gray , regardless of the original aircraft.Plus the green one seems to be abit heavy on my frame rates for some reason.

taseal
    Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    A totally fictitious scheme.

SEA scheme of the 60s and 70s.

VCN-1
    I love it!!!!

will you be releasing this!?

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I love it!!!!

will you be releasing this!?
    I didn't do it. It was done by rsgunner and sent it to me.

I will see if I can get him to release it.
    Since AVSIM still isn't accepting uploads hopefully he will post to Flightsim.com.

I will let you know his decision.

VCN-1

taseal
    Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    I didn't do it. It was done by rsgunner and sent it to me.

I will see if I can get him to release it.
    Since AVSIM still isn't accepting uploads hopefully he will post to Flightsim.com.

I will let you know his decision.

VCN-1
    awesome, thanks bud!

yago9,

Why would I bother do the green interior when you done it already and it,s available for download. This way people can choose the gray or the green. Me , I prefer it gray , regardless of the original aircraft.Plus the green one seems to be abit heavy on my frame rates for some reason.<!-- / message -->

With a such answer I have no question.
    There is a proverb in my country which says: Rather than to answer stupidities it's better to keep silent ..............
    I don't like the orientation which takes this conversation then I prefer not to answer on this subject and to close my questions about your work...

Skulleader.