Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718

Thread: Freeware Gems

Charter Member 2011

At flightsim.com - a stunning scenery

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 CYQR 2015 Regina Airport Scenery
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: cyqr_2015.zip
    Size: 196,289,480 Date: 08-13-2015 Downloads: 72

FS2004 CYQR 2015 Regina Airport Scenery. Regina Airport can trace its history back to 1919, when Regina airport became the first registered "air harbour" in Canada. This FS2004 scenery of CYQR represents the airport as it was in spring of 2015. It includes detailed models of all major airport buildings as well as the major landmark buildings of the Regina City and those on the Runway approaches. By Gregory Putz.

Members +
    I just looked through all these stunning pages of Freeware Gems.
    It's sad that many of the download pages mentioned have disappeared, but most of the planes can be found else-ware, with some completely gone.

Wonderful & mostly forgotten stuff for our FS2004.

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

SECTIONF8 F-86 Sabre.

I was not going to put my best plane in all of FSX," only stating my opinion" is the great free SECTIONF8 F-86 Sabre.! Ihave 139 textures for it thanks to a good friend and the pilot has my face flying it, again thanks to my friend. Lots of black smoke and guns and all showing on my 43 inch TV screen hooked to my computer, it don't get much better then that! Lee

Akemi Mizoguchi planes

Since he passed away, they have been uploaded here for posterity, CFS2 models, that work in FS9 with the usual adjustments.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=174

Ttfn

Pete

Several more to consider...

truly gems: all releases by Michel Migaud (oldliner52): http://fs9addons.over-blog.com/tag/avions/ and everything by Denis Fouchard at Restauravia (http://restauravia.fr/html/fs2004.html) (especially the Latecoere...) in addition to Restauravia's own various releases...

SOH-CM-2023

CYWG Winnipeg 2020

Why this one hasnt made it into this list I dont know:

Greg Putz is a genius.

CYWG Winnipeg 2020. CYWG is an international airport located in the city of Winnipeg, which is the capital of the Province of Manitoba, in the western part of Canada. This scenery provides an accurate depiction of CYWG for Flight Simulator FS2004. It includes the entire airport as well as many of the surrounding industrial and warehouse buildings. The scenery includes static aircraft, an extensive array of ground support equipment representative of types and operators at CYWG, vibrant night lighting and seasonal texture variations. CYWG Winnipeg 2020 is a very detailed scenery best run on a higher-end PC. To make the airport more flyable for a greater range of FS2004 users, CYWG Winnipeg comes packaged with options for three editions and ability to turn certain features on and off. By Gregory Putz.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=83303101

Icon2 Re: CYWG Winnipeg 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    CYWG Winnipeg 2020
    Jack, that link does not work. The web address of the page you are looking at in flight.sim and some other flight sim sites, are not the actual addresses of the pages!

They are "virtual" pages resulting from a search.... Copying them leads nowhere, as the page is only temporary, and disappears once you leave the page.

For the benefit of all posters, when trying to link to a page on flightsim, you need to use the following "template" address:

Code:
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=[put here the actual name of the zipped file]

So, the correct web page link for CYWG Winnipeg 2020 (cywg_winnipeg_2020.zip) is:

Code:
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=cywg_winnipeg_2020.zip

P.S. your recommendation is spot on! It truly does look like a payware quality scenery!

Here's one you may not realize that you need.

Head over to Virtavia's free downloads section and grab AlphaSim_really_old_freeware.zip .
    Its a large download but if you've ever had to deal with an aircraft (military) that has a virtual cockpit but no 2D panel, there are a massive amount of Alphasim's old (mostly pre-virtual cockpit) aircraft in the zip. Each features Phil's old, but very nice, 2D panels.

The easiest way to try this out is with Virtavia/Alpha's H.P. Victor. Its ironic in a way, but the newer Victor is also available as freeware from Virtavia.
    This is also an easy way to figure out how to "fine tune" panel.cfg files.

The newer Victor does not have a 2D panel. To add one, after you've installed the newer Victor and its gauges, dive into the "really old freeware" zip and find one of the old Victors. Just grab the Panel folder and maybe the gauges folder and drag them out to your desktop. Add the bitmaps to the newer Victor's panel folder then highlight and Copy all of the "gauge=XX" entries from the old panel.cfg and Paste them into the 2D part of the newer Panel.cfg file. At this point, you could add the old gauges to your main Gauges folder or transcribe the newer gauge names from the Virtual panel into your new 2D section of the CFG file. Just don't change the three groups of numbers after the old gauge names. And that's it, you've just added a 2D panel.

The "really_old_freeware" zip can also be a source for AI aircraft. Just test the aircraft in FS9 before converting them into AI. Most of the aircraft in the zip (and there are hundreds of them) will work in FS9, but some won't.