Bell 47 (v1.1) for FSX Updated Release
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell 47 (v1.1) for FSX Updated Release

Exclamation Bell 47 (v1.1) for FSX Updated Release

It is with great sadness that I report that 78 pilots who have downloaded the recently released Bell 47 v1.0 may be killed or maimed if they continue to fly it.

It is unsafe! While looking at the recent screen shots posted by members I noticed that something was wrong. It became painfully apparent that I had uploaded the wrong package. So if the vertical stablizer fell off (no mounting hardware), or the engine fell out (no engine mounts) while you were flying - we'll I hope you were not seriously injured in the resulting crash.:isadizzy:

Of course being the good pilots you are surely you caught those problems during your walk around.

Take heart though Bell 47 v1.1 is ready for download to correct those and some other issues I noticed were missing or the wrong file(s).

I apolgize for the hassel and will now go to the virtual cornor and stand banging my head against the wall for an hour.

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikrco View Post
    It is with great sadness that I report that 78 pilots who have downloaded the recently released Bell 47 v1.0 may be killed or maimed if they continue to fly it.

It is unsafe! While looking at the recent screen shots posted by members I noticed that something was wrong. It became painfully apparent that I had uploaded the wrong package. So if the vertical stablizer fell off (no mounting hardware), or the engine fell out (no engine mounts) while you were flying - we'll I hope you were not seriously injured in the resulting crash.:isadizzy:

Of course being the good pilots you are surely you caught those problems during your walk around.

Take heart though Bell 47 v1.1 is ready for download to correct those and some other issues I noticed were missing or the wrong file(s).

I apolgize for the hassel and will now go to the virtual cornor and stand banging my head against the wall for an hour.
    LOL, Thanks Mike!! :ernae:

ok, thanks, :ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

The start of a M*A*S*H* Repaint for this chopper

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Quote Originally Posted by Mikrco View Post

Is anyone having sound problems -My sound won't work???

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Is anyone having sound problems -My sound won't work???

Make sure you placed it in the right folder . Rotocraft instead of Airplanes folder under SimObjects . I initially did the same thing and when I switched it over to the Rotocraft folder sounds worked fine . (The sound is aliased to the default Bell 206 in the Rotocraft folder )

Rich:ernae:

M*A*S*H looking good, thanks, hope to see that paint released soon.

For sound, I suggest alias to the Robinson or copy the Robinson files and paste to the Bell folders. There may be a better sound file to download somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Repaint help

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmate View Post
    The start of a M*A*S*H* Repaint for this chopper
    Looking good so far - this might be helpful to you and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Make sure you placed it in the right folder . Rotocraft instead of Airplanes folder under SimObjects . I initially did the same thing and when I switched it over to the Rotocraft folder sounds worked fine . (The sound is aliased to the default Bell 206 in the Rotocraft folder )

Rich:ernae:

Thanks I will give that a try!

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks that should be helpful
    And if anyone could find some large high quality side shots of the mash chopper it would be of a big help
    Thanks

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Thanks that should be helpful
    And if anyone could find some large high quality side shots of the mash chopper it would be of a big help
    Thanks
    Just went out to my hanger and grabbed you a quick shot for you.:mixedsmi:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2771127.jpg

Thanks that should be really helpful

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Nice going Wingmate:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful helicopter, Mike. Thank you.

Yep, found a nice closeup view of the MASH Heli, fired up PSP and went into FSX to setup a new texture folder and transfer all the textures so I could do a repaint only to discover that this is a true FSX and uses dds which I don't do. If it was a straight FS9 style bitmap I'd have it done by now, but that goofy reverse/flipped. . .only on the 3rd wednesday of every other new moon texture mapping. . . .nope, I'll wait for someone else to pull this one together.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

could you send me the closeup view please?

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Never did figure out why Version 1 didn't work for me, but Version 1.1 works just fine. Nice work, Mike!

Jim

Nice Mike.... and thanks.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

could you send me the closeup view please?
    As it turns out, it's the same one Mike found for you. Everything you should need is shown in that closeup.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I did small preview video. I will upload it soon to youtube and link it here. It's very nice helicopter, I think I'll paint it today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ2xPoHefs

Did I miss a secret handshake along the line somewhere? Or am I just plain blind?

Where can we download this from please?
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

It's here:

http://www.fsnorthwest.net/index_files/slide0001.htm

You'll have to register if you're not already.

Jim

Oh yes... the site that doesn't work in Firefox... now where did I hide IE8?...

Give me 5... and thanks
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

AAC Sioux AH1

I'm currently doing a few repaints for British Army Air Corps (AAC) Sioux AH1 (technically the wrong model!), including Blue Eagles, Bristows, Royal Marines. Illustrated here is XT131 of the Army Historic Flight.

I need to paint the skids entirely green. Does anyone know which part of the paint kit will allow me to do this?

Many thanks.