what kind of automatic rifles do you have? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: what kind of automatic rifles do you have?

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt, used it to wax the car....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Try Iraq.
    Already been there. They would not let me shoot.
    Some of my favorite sites,

Dog rescue, Mostly Dalmatians and Beagles
    http://www.rockyspot.org/index.php

Big cat rescue, Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my!
    http://www.gwpark.org/

Canberra Man

Automatics

In the UK when I did my National Service in the Royal Artillery, we only had the Lee Enfield SMLE. I got my marksman with it! We actually got pay for it. Then when I was demobbed from the army, I joined the Royal Air Force, I got my marksman again,but you don't get paid for it in the RAF. Then,years alter in 1960, I joined Air cadets as a Warrant officer and there I managed to train the air cadets on the SLR 7.62, a very nice weapon. Though I still liked the Enfield.

Ken

Enfields are a great weapon...a while back I saw a SMLE at a pawn shop several miles away...I was too tacticool at the time to appreciate it, but would not mind a good bolt action nowadays...
    Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

3/7charlie
    I will not admit to owning any firearms, as here in the great white north, fire arm ownership is veiwed as evil, and a sign of grave psychological pathology. Especialy-GASP- military arms.
    I learned my craft on the FN C1 and C2. Still my all time favorite combat rifle. Proper 7.62 instead of that silly little varmit plinker they issue nowadays. Wood and steel furniture, so if you
    had to butt stroke some silly bugger, he would stay down, and you still had a servicable rifle, something you cant do with these plastic popguns. I allways thought that if the job is to hurt people and break things, why on earth muck about with a toy round like 5.56.
    Had some barmy jerk of a taxi driver blow through a road block once. ( the sappers were getting rid of some UXB) Put 2 rounds(AP) through the rad of that Mercedes at 70 or so meters, and stopped that sucker in his tracks. Not a scratch on the dumb ass behind the wheel. Destroyed the rad, water pump, knocked a big chunk out of the block and dislodged the front of the crank. When faced with the same situation today, the guys have no choice but to dump 30 round through the windscreen.( Why do they charge road blocks?) Fabrique National all the way.

But of course, I would NEVER own one

Quote Originally Posted by 3/7charlie View Post
    Fabrique National all the way.
    Sorry, what was that about pop guns?

Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 Quad @ 3.07Ghz | 8Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | 2x GeForce GTS450 1Gb SLI
    Antec 650W PSU | Western Digital 1Tb SATA | Lian Li PC7B Pro II | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

3/7charlie
    The P-90.great for personal defence,and vehicle crews.
    Popgun. no penetrating power. No stopping power. Would it make a hole in a BTR or a BMP?
    No. The Rangers in Moug found out that the 5.56 would not penetrate mud brick walls.Hence the re-emergance of the SAW in 7.62.
    5.56 is a great plinking round, or varmit round. Thats all .222 is. Now, if you want to reach out and touch some one at any more than 50 meters, and make the buggers eyes water, don't reach for 5.56
    The C1 is robust, reliable,accurate, and,( this is important in this application) intimidating. It looks mean. Yeah, Its heavy, and so is the ammo, and you cant carry as much of it as 5.56, but 2 or three rounds of 7.62 gets the job done, where 8 or 10 rounds of 5.56 might or- might not. And I like the kaBOOM a C1 makes.

Gun control- hitting what you aim at!

Gun control is using both hands