RAZBAM Delta Dagger released!

Thread: RAZBAM Delta Dagger released!

RAZBAM Delta Dagger released!

Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Ohhhhhh Momma!!!:ernae:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Purchased and downloading. . . .worked on these for 2 years at Perrin AFB, North Texas in the late 60's early 70's. . .Thanks to the Razbam folks for a much needed addition to the Century series.

Current System Specs:

I had bought her yesterday and i love her. The VC looks great and the sound is also great. Excellent work

I have been enjoying it immensely.

I would be interested to hear your thought on it. Closest I ever came to a 102 was running my hands on the fuse of one at the Wright Pat museum.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Note to self: Do not attempt another approach and landing without your TrackIR, lol.

Current System Specs:

Dag
    Hello there,

I was fortunate enough to be able to provide Ron with a couple of paint jobs for this F-102 project. The 112th TFG one with the black spine and tail plus the silver painted one from the Californian ANG (196th FIS).
    I now see that Ron published my psd originals for the F-102 from the 112th as the repaint kit for this project. I have the following recommendation to painters using it:

-I have different panel lines on the rear fuselage (body02) and tail (tail) compared to Ron's stuff so make sure you copy body02_bump.dds and tail_bump.dds from the "texture.112TFG" folder to the texture folder you are creating. That way the panel lines on the diffuse maps will line up with the ones on the bump maps (also called normal maps).

-Custom specular maps (the dds textures that control diffuse shine and light falloff) is required. Look at the dds textures (that contains the term "spec" in the file name) that Ron and I did and you'll notice a different approach to this. Ron uses a darker version of the diffuse (main texture map) for this type of texture and I use plain grey layers, completely desaturated. See what we did and decide how you want it and paint away.

-I use a darker more reflective canopy transparency compared to Ron so again, if you like to use that, the file may be found in the "texture.112TFG" folder. The file is named "tarnsparencies_t.dds".

Good luck

Hi

Is there a 2D panel?
    Are the gauges modelled into VC or real gauge files?

thanks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Hi

Is there a 2D panel?
    Are the gauges modelled into VC or real gauge files?

thanks

Roland
    Hi Roland,
    no 2D Panel. The gauges are modelled.

EDIT:
    Just made an evening flight and i really love her. IMO a must buy for every fan of classic military fighter jets

Quote Originally Posted by JT8D-9A View Post
    Hi Roland,
    no 2D Panel. The gauges are modelled.
    Then I stay with my F-106 (no 102 I know) from Alpha

Beside modelling&FDE--> the 2 D gauges become a criteria for me.I have many ported over planes to FSX(which rarely get an FSX update) and biggest issue is usually the gauges.With Carenado's Seneca I repaired 3 other planes to be OK in FSX

But thats just my point

Roland

I have many ported over planes to FSX(which rarely get an FSX update)
    Huh???

You do realize this is a Native FSX model right?
    Regards, Bob

Then I stay with my F-106 (no 102 I know) from Alpha

Beside modelling&FDE--> the 2 D gauges become a criteria for me.I have many ported over planes to FSX(which rarely get an FSX update) and biggest issue is usually the gauges.With Carenado's Seneca I repaired 3 other planes to be OK in FSX

But thats just my point

Roland
    I can't say I've ever heard anyone prefer the older 2d style gauges over the (in my opinion anyway) much better looking, smoother, less fps hungry 3d ones?
    Swa se šeodkyning žeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Huh???
    You do realize this is a Native FSX model right?
    lol, darned "portovers", lol.

Hey Boomer, I found something interesting in the copy at Razbam and thought I'd post it here for a correction:

During the early 1960s, the F-102A was gradually replaced in the ADC by the McDonnell F-101B Voodoo and the Convair F-106 Delta Dart. By mid-1961, the number of F-102As in service with the ADC was down to 221. However, by the end of 1969, with the exception of a squadron maintained in Iceland, all ADC F-102As had been transferred to the Air National Guard. The F-102As stationed in the Pacific had been withdrawn in December of 1969
    The only F-102As still in service with the USAF at the beginning of 1970 were all stationed overseas.

I worked in the Egress Shop at Perrin AFB (North Texas) from 1968 til 1970 and was assigned to the 4780th Air Defense Wing (this was an Active Duty Unit, not ANG). We flew F-102A's assigned to ADC through late 1970. The Base closed for good in 1971. We had close to 100 aircraft with some part of the 3555th FTW and the rest were Camo ADC birds.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    I can't say I've ever heard anyone prefer the older 2d style gauges over the (in my opinion anyway) much better looking, smoother, less fps hungry 3d ones?
    No the 3D modelled ones are fine.But still a full 2D to be there is my point

But its just a personal preference

Roland

No the 3D modeled ones are fine. But still a full 2D to be there is my point. But its just a personal preference.
    Roland
    Of course some teams will still add a 2d panel from time to time, but with the TrackIR system quite prevalent and another, similar system making headway into the sim world. . . .not to mention the amazing detail that will only continue to flourish in VC cockpits from here on, the 2d panel is going away, slow but sure. It may take time, but you'll see less and less of the 2d panel as time and innovations in modeling move ahead.

Current System Specs:

Dag

Important update to PA ANG textures and repaint kit!

Hi,

Before release of the RAZBAM F-102 I was alerted by a forum member at SOH to the fact that the USAF titles on the intakes/fuselage had the wrong distance between "U.S." and "AIR FORCE". I corrected this on my textures (the CA ANG had the correct ones from day one) and sent updates to RAZBAM on the 112th PA ANG one. Now it seems that these updates escaped the developer/publisher completely. Furthermore, my original PSD files were used as a repaint kit, something I had no knowledge of. As a result, the repaint kit has the wrong titles as well.
    I am very sorry for this, had I only known...

Install instuctions:

Path to the dds files in the update zip:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\RAZBAM F-102 Delta Dagger CL\texture.112TFG folder.
    Copy/paste and replace body01.dds and body02.dds in this texture folder and you are good.

Path to the psd files in the update zip:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\RAZBAM\F-102 files\paint kit\

Note! If you have already started a repaint, and used body01.psd and body02.psd, backup these and copy over the layers you have modified to the new psds for these files.
    In the above path you'll find a file called paint kit.zip. This contains the repaint kit. Replace the body01.psd and body02.psd in the original zip with the ones in THIS below zip and your USAF titles will be okay.

July 29th 2009, Dag the Painter

Link to the update below:
    <!-- m -->http://www.dagrs.net/files/update_repai ... 112TFG.zip<!-- m -->

<DL id=profile2171 class=postprofile><DD></DD></DL>Note: I made custom bump maps for my two paint jobs. The way the file structure is now, with fallback in all texture folders but the ones contained in the "RAZBAM F-102 Delta Dagger CL" folder, RAZBAM's bumps will be "read" by the models. A solution to this will be to paste in tail_bump.dds and body02_bump.dds from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\RAZBAM F-102 Delta Dagger CL\texture.112TFG folder in all texture folders in the package named texture.112TFG and texture.196FIS. There's the DT, MS CL and MS DT folders to look into. Sorry again for the fuss...

This is a fun jet. Thanks, RAZBAM!

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Makes me want to fly again.....:mixedsmi:

EgoR64
    Yep, She sure looks like fun !!

Carrier ops in her too !!

:ernae::ernae:

Just got back from a short vacation but I'll download this in the evening. Looks great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bought this Wednesday - it's brilliant!! At last a delta I can fly AND land!!! Many thanks to RazBam and to Dag for the paint kit.

If anyone's interested I'm working, with Dag's help, on a 2048 x 2048 version to make best use of FSX and DX10. Mostly complete now but would like a layered version of the file parts01_t for the paint kit, in order to paint the external tanks. Here's a WIP screenie

'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I am a former cold war era jet junkie and you guys are killing me.

Members who have read this thread: 1