Aero L-39 Albatros
Page 1 of 51 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero L-39 Albatros

Aero L-39 Albatros

Has anyone stumbled on this one before?

http://lotus-films.blogspot.com/

Make sure you check out the VC, it looks fantastic.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Yep I've been waiting for it for months now.

It's almost there...

Uh oh... I've been discovered. (Scuttles project quietly...). hehe.

Thanks for the kind words Nick. It's coming very soon. Just sorting out the final distribution details and building the website and promo vid. It has a few surprises in store, so I've kept it pretty low key throughout its development.

Cheers,

-Mike

Absolutely outstanding! Freeware? I like the idea of a high performance AI model being included...something I've wished had been included with many other packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Absolutely outstanding! Freeware?
    Nope. I'm sure it will be well worth whatever is charged for it too. I've been waiting for a good L-39 for years...

Thanks Bone. No, sorry, it has taken me 15 months to develop, full time (at 12-16 hours per day average), so it has to be payware.

-Mike

Yeah known for a while with eager anticipation! :ernae:

From what I know it's an incredible simulation

Just been looking through the photo album Mike and the only thing better than those lovely models and skins, is the commentary that accompanies the images. :d
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Thanks Bone. No, sorry, it has taken me 15 months to develop, full time (at 12-16 hours per day average), so it has to be payware.

-Mike
    I'll gladly pay for quality and hard work.

Thanks very much guys. I really appreciate your enthusiasm, especially in this 11th hour when I'm *totally* out of energy. Must soldier on though.

Here are a couple more pics that aren't on my blog.

Oh yeah, sign me up for one of those! I remember spending hours in my Captain Sim L-39 back in FS2000 (or was it 2002?) -- one of my favorite jets ever. This version looks outstanding.

Scarecrow
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    Oh yeah, sign me up for one of those! I remember spending hours in my Captain Sim L-39 back in FS2000 (or was it 2002?) -- one of my favorite jets ever. This version looks outstanding.
    It was FS2000. I loved the CaptSim's L-39. The other day, I was digging through my old back-up CD's and found my copy CaptSim's L-39. I came this close to reinstalling FS2000.

I will be looking forward to this release.

I really can't wait for this, I wanted an l39 for years and i only just found out about this one ...can't wait for it now and great work!!:ernae:
    The more Russian jets we have the better I say, I love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I really can't wait for this, I wanted an l39 for years and i only just found out about this one ...can't wait for it now and great work!!:ernae:
    The more Russian jets we have the better I say, I love them all!

It's not Russian jet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-39_Albatros

Haha, indeed it is not a Russian jet, nor should it be called a Czech airplane, Slovaks get very upset about this I discovered early on. It's a Czechoslovakian creation through and through. However, considering that about 2200 of the 4100 L-39's produced went straight to the Russian air force, I guess you could say it's theirs as well.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I agree, it's been too long since there was a new L-39 for FS, hence my start on this mad journey over a year ago.

This L-39 is a bit of a different beast. I've built it specifically for Shared Cockpit training and multiplayer formation flight from the start, with an obsession for high framerate, all at the expense of my sanity.

If you like abusing your friends in Shared mode with system and instrument failures and all that, you'll probably get a kick out of this thing. It's good fun in singleplayer, but to really experience all it has to offer you'll be wanting to fly online with your victims... er.. I mean friends.

All things going according to plan (like that ever happens) she'll be out in a couple weeks.

Cheers guys,

-Mike

Blog Entries
    Reaches for the credit card.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Amazing work! I'm gonna get her for sure :ernae:
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Me too as he grabs the credit card from his wife and runs away......

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

looking forward to it and welcome to SOH!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Thanks very much guys. I really appreciate your enthusiasm, especially in this 11th hour when I'm *totally* out of energy. Must soldier on though.

Here are a couple more pics that aren't on my blog.

Don't quit now Mike, you're almost there! I think the blue and white camo paint is my favorite. Is that paint scheme going to be available in the civilian model?

Darrell

It IS awesome and I cannot wait for it, one man job... crazy!! You rock!
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Although it looks awesome, how much functionality is packed in those gorgeous VC's. I hope it's not only eye candy? I think of Rick Pipers great Hawk's which did not even have an APU modelled.
    Anneke

Mike, I groundcrew for an L39 that races at Reno.... Pipsqueak flown by Joe Gano here at KILG. I've sent him a link to your video. From what I see you've done a great job. I'll find out if it's ok for you to do a paint of Pip. He'd love that I'm sure, but you have to get in touch with him once I hear back from him. More on that later. Link to Warbirds of Delaware is in my Sig showing Pip

Need a beta tester? Let me know.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Mike, I groundcrew for an L39 that races at Reno.... Pipsqueak flown by Joe Gano here at KILG. I've sent him a link to your video. From what I see you've done a great job. I'll find out if it's ok for you to do a paint of Pip. He'd love that I'm sure, but you have to get in touch with him once I hear back from him. More on that later. Link to Warbirds of Delaware is in my Sig showing Pip

Need a beta tester? Let me know.
    I think Pip is already included in the package.

Darrell