UT or REX with Vista64?

Thread: UT or REX with Vista64?

UT or REX with Vista64?

Bought REX, and could not get it to work. Then yesterday tried to get and install Ultimate terrain, and can't seem to do that, either.

I am beginning to think it may be my OS.

Any thoughts, or experiences?

Could it be your UAC settings? I have Windows 7-64, and have had no problems with either UT or REX.

harleyman
    What do you mean couldn't get it to do that too?

Does it not install at all, or give errors?

How many HDDs do you have and where does FSX sit ?

UAC is turned "off". I have one HDD, two partitions, FSX is in "C" (practically everything is in "C")

I built my own gaming computer once, years ago, but when it comes to software, I am really lame.

harleyman
    Ok..

So tell us just what it does when you try to install it..

What other games are on that HDD partition?

Charter Member 2015
    I can confirm that UTX and REX work fine on my machine too......Vista Ultimate 64bit. Could it be an issue with your anti virus when installing both? Try running the installation with AV off.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

OK,on UTX, Windows gives me a message that says program is incompatible with version of Windows I am running, 32 or 64 bit, but doesn't say which one I should have.

Now here's the deal, I have 64 bit, and I thought that was x86. The above message says that x86 is 32 bit, and x64 is 64 bit! Is that correct?? Because if it is, that may be the source of my problems (other than the connection between the monitor and the keyboard). I installed allmost all my sims, games, etc., under x86! thinking that the bigger number would be for 64 bit.

Eagerly awaiting your laughter.

harleyman
    I think X86 is the 32 bit folder...BUT

No matter if you installed FSX to its default location ( C/) then it should follow that path and install no problem...

Is FSX on a seperate drive? ( I think Not from reading)

Do you have any AvtiVirus turned on when installing? Is UAC off too?

Try to reboot and when installing just browse the installer to the actual path where FSX sits...

Charter Member 2015
    X86=32 bit
    X64=64 bit

Do you have administrator rights when installing?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

OK, you guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I have to go out tonite, so won't be able to try your suggestions until tomorrow. Then I'll get back to you. Again, thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0