CFS3 and Windows Vista

Thread: CFS3 and Windows Vista

swimmer111

CFS3 and Windows Vista

So after about 4 months of owning Combat flight simulator 2, I finally got bored, saw all there was to see with that game and beat it on 100 percent realizm, okay great, so I decided to purchase the third installment in the CFS Series. When I installed everything, I began playing for about 20 minutes, then discovered that on my HP pavillion with vista, it has an unpredictable crash tendencie, anywhere from 3 seconds into the starting menu to about an hour max, I don't know what any of the files mean, so If files need to be changed, I really would have no Idea how to do it.

1.) Has anybody else here encountered this problem?

2.) Is there a simple solution that would drastically reduces this problem?

3.) Is there a complete, complicated solution that would remove this problem completely?

Crash

Hello Swimmer111

First of all welcome to this forum, then, I don't run Vista but I know that many on this forum use it with CFS3 w/o problems.
    There was initial problems to join multi-player section on the net but they were resolved (see the sticky thread).
    Is it only CFS3 that crash or did You experience that thing also with other application ?
    The reason of my question is that the problem You have seems to be created by an overheating of your PC's cpu so the first thing I may suggest is to clean the heat sinking device of your cpu with compressed (moderate) air and watch what happen.
    If that shall not work come back here and someone will give You other suggestions

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
    Cris "Astore"
    Mai lasciar morire il fanciullo che è in noi

The child who is inside us, never let him die

swimmer111
    Thanks Cris, however since I have recently purchased the game, it is too soon to know if that is my problem, however, it is just CFS3 that has been crashing on my computer, I'm not quite sure what excatly it is but since I just turned on my laptop, on high performance (I'm wondering if that would make a difference) I will try to play it now and see how long it lasts, but once again thank you for your help, you have brought me just a step closer in my painful quest to figure out just what is going on!

Just a random thought; are you running CFS3 in XP compatibility mode?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7