Ot...xp sp3

Thread: Ot...xp sp3

Ot...xp sp3

Has anyone updated your XP to SP3 and if so are there any problems with FS9 I should know about. I've managed to avoid it up to now. However, I'm now going to have to install SP3 to get other updates to use for work.

Any comments and/or references would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Duckie
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

no problems at all here. I was worried at first so i upgraded on 1 of my PCs first. Ran FS9 for about 2 month w/out problems....now it's on all my XP Pro systems.

-feng

Have my XP Home updated to SP3 and not a single problem. In fact, I will go so far as to say that XP is now more stable than it was before updating to SP3. I was not a fan of XP, had a lot of problems with it, but the last several months, since updating to SP3, I am happy with XP.

When I updated to SP3, I followed the advice that I read on a number of forums....do the update manually, do not allow auto-update to attempt it. For some reason, allowing the Windows Auto Update to attempt to install SP3 will give horrible results. Manually go onto the Update site, manually select the SP3 update and install it. My install of SP3 went so smooth. My sister-in-law, who swears by auto everything, says that SP3 will not install on her system and won't believe me when I tell her that it is due to her allowing auto update to do it. I have installed the SP3 package on 4 computers, all done manually, and have had no problems.

Once you select the SP3 update manually, and hit the download button thingie, the install is automatic....you don't have to do anything. It will take a while to install the full update, but the wait is well worth while.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FengZ, OBIO, thanks very much for the replies. I feel better now. OBIO, thanks for the tip on manual install. I'll do it that way.

Off to download now.

Cheers
    Duckie
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 0