Gun Cam Pacific

Thread: Gun Cam Pacific

Very nice!

Those are best film clips of the Hellcat I have ever seen. Some of the clips I think come from the movie Leatherneck.

Thank you!:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by miamieagle View Post
    Those are best film clips of the Hellcat I have ever seen. Some of the clips I think come from the movie Leatherneck.
    Miami, I see you picked up on that too.
    "Flying Leathernecks" (1951) with John Wayne and Robert Ryan. On the Hellcats you can see where the orange Naval Reserve fuselage band has been painted over in blue. At 1:45 in the vid is actor Jay C. Flippen (the Maint NCO) in the USMC campaign hat directing a taxiing plane.
    A lot of the color gun cam footage is from the "The Fighting Lady", a WWII documentary on the USS Yorktown (CV-10).

Donald Piper
    Well that was a worth while 9 minutes... Thanks for the treat... don

Yep great to watch. I heard all about it growing up _ WWII pilots seemed to by my family's thing. My Dad was a Navy flyer, his brother was a B-25 driver, my Mom's brother was a P-51 pilot, her sister was a WASP pilot. Then when I got married, my father in law was a B-17 pilot. They are all gone now, the passing of an era we'll never see the likes of again.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks for that footage.

Am I the only one who views these posted clips and then spends the next hour plus looking at ALL the other YouTube gun cam footage posted too?
    Happens every time to me...

"The Fighting Lady" is a must-have for the NavAir geeks out there (don't raise your hands, we know who you are). All real action, no actors (except Robert Taylor the narrator). There is a gun cam sequence in the flick where the F6F's bag a H8K2 Emily seaplane, it's up close and personal and I've never seen it used in other flicks. DVD is just $5 at your local Barnes & Noble or order online and add shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    Thanks for that footage.

Am I the only one who views these posted clips and then spends the next hour plus looking at ALL the other YouTube gun cam footage posted too?
    Happens every time to me...
    No you're not. I do it too!

Thanks for posting that langereis.
    XP Pro: Intel D975XBX2 /QX6700 @ 3.50GHz / 8800GTX / 2X2GB G.Skill PC2 8500 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 320GB Seagate 7200.10 / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON 20X DVD / X-FI Music

Vista Ultimate 64: Intel D975XBX2 / Q6700 @ 3.6GHz / 8800GTX / 4X2GB G.Skill PC2 8000 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 750GB WD Caviar / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON SATA DVD / onboard sound