CFS1 Still Lives - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS1 Still Lives

As I was about to give you my take on CFS1 bomb loads, Ivan, I decided to investigate a bit and made some interesting discoveries going along. This is, I think, worthy of a thread of its own.

I will do it tomorrow.

T'ill then, good night...!
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

SOH Staff
    actually, there has been a discussion regarding the bomb loads for RAF662 Bombers.
    the B17G and the Lancaster both can carry a max of 10. this doesn't seem correct since the Lanc was know as a heavy lifter.
    so, apparently, the load outs have been chosen by the designer.
    personally, I would like to see more accurate load outs.
    this might be a stupid question, but, by default load, do you mean the load out when an Aircraft is selected?
    if that is the case, then I would vote for 0, with up to the proper maximum available for selection. just like the Fuel level % can be selected.
    speaking of fuel, is there a way to add a belly tank for extended range?
    I have read that one was available, but it had to be dropped before the bomb bay doors could be opened.

btw, I agree that another thread or two would be in order.
    not that this isn't a good one, but I'd say we are just a bit off topic.
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

poet,traveler
    Man I love flying multiplayer,time is my enemy.I also have to see if CFS-1 works on 64 bit Vista,although I have 2 small XP machines at the girlfriends house....hmmmm,the possibilities.:USA-flag:
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

...~S~...anytime safn...we play every Sunday....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R.O.S.

poet,traveler
    small problem,my Kapersky AV says there is a Trojan in the tailgunner zip and won't let me download it.

Needless to say I don't need that grief so could someone look into this and get back to me? I tried both versions.

Hi safn1949!
    small problem,my Kapersky AV says there is a Trojan in the tailgunner zip and won't let me download it.
    I went to http://helcatsquadron.tripod.com/Tg2NoSplash.zip and dowloaded the no-splash version. (this is a direct link btw...)

I have Avast on my machine, and it was not flagged on its way in.

I also scan the ZIP file again once downloaded, nothing.

I then went... on Kaspersky online file scanner ( http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus );

If you would like to scan your entire computer for viruses, please use our free virus scan.

You're clean!

Kaspersky Anti-Virus has not detected any viruses at this time in the file you submitted.

However, only a fully-functional antivirus solution with regularly updated virus definitions can ensure comprehensive protection against malware. If you do not have an antivirus solution installed, you may wish to consider purchasing one today.
    Scanned file: Tg2NoSplash.zip Suspicion:
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/script - OK
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/registry - OK
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/tg2.dll - OK
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/Modules\0x5cai_playr.dll - OK
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/Modules\0x5cmpchat.dll Suspicion: Packed.Win32.PePatch.dk
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/Modules\0x5cmultiplayer.dll Suspicion: Packed.Win32.PePatch.dk
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe/English\0x5cFrontUI.dll Suspicion: Packed.Win32.PePatch.dk
    Tg2NoSplash.zip/Tg2NoSplash.exe Suspicion: Packed.Win32.PePatch.dk
    Tg2NoSplash.zip Suspicion: Packed.Win32.PePatch.dk
    If you want my honest opinion, Kaspersky AV is having a "false positive". Can't you get around it? Who's the boss; Kapersky or YOU?

To others; scan the link with your own flavour of AV and report here. It would be appreciated.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Hello SAFN 1949,

Those are beautiful rifles. Tendency to break firing pins though. I need a stock for one.

- Ivan.

SOH Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by safn1949 View Post
    Man I love flying multiplayer,time is my enemy.I also have to see if CFS-1 works on 64 bit Vista,although I have 2 small XP machines at the girlfriends house....hmmmm,the possibilities.:USA-flag:
    just my opinion...
    don't' bother with the 64bit vista, go over to the girlfriend's and pickup one of the xp machines.
    even the smaller of the two will cause you less grief than the vista machine if you want to play CFS.
    not to mention there will be no joystick problems with xp.
    also, TG2 is not a requirement for Multi-Player, just a nice enhancement.
    just wondering, are you getting the TG2 virus warning with the vista machine?
    if so, I rest my case.
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

poet,traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Hello SAFN 1949,

Those are beautiful rifles. Tendency to break firing pins though. I need a stock for one.

- Ivan.

Hard to find a stock,try Gun Parts Corp.I had a rebuilt 8mm.

I figured it was a false positive,I will download the file on an XP machine when I get home tomorrow and I already decided to run CFS 1 on her XP machine,thanks for the quick answers.

Gun Parts / Numrich lists the parts but has never actually had them in stock in recent (about 8-10 years) memory. At least not when I checked. I would not mind getting one of the repro stocks for the 8 mm but have never seen them sold. Actually I would like to find someone who can duplicate from an original. The original is unserviceable but with some patching can serve as a pattern.

- Ivan.