CS B767-300 Is Available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS B767-300 Is Available.

10 out of 14 repaints and 3 out of 4 variants "will be available in version 1.1 (free of charge)."

How about you hold on to it for a while, Mr Captain Sim, and release it when it's ready?

Is a fine looking model! Still enjoy my 757 a lot.
    "Soon to be Expat"

yawn.................another stinkin' toob.................
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Surprisingly it is the same amount as the LDS 767. Wasn't expecting that...

Still not going to get it. :mixedsmi:

yay, its the first peice of crap CS has made!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    yay, its the first peice of crap CS has made!
    Have you bought it already? If so, I'm sure a few around here (myself included) would appreciate a good review.

Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    yawn.................another stinkin' toob.................
    Yeah, we hate these kinds of planes! Large, complex, with many accurate systems modeled, heck, you pretty much have to fly them by the numbers if you want any hope of successfully landing it. Pretty challenging, who needs that?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

well, just stick to the LDS till the other models come out
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    Have you bought it already? If so, I'm sure a few around here (myself included) would appreciate a good review.

I agree -but I dont think that Captain Sim do themselves any favours they way they promote their products with just a limited number of screenshots -8 Im going to wait (which is not in my nature) to see a bit more first.

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Yeah, we hate these kinds of planes! Large, complex, with many accurate systems modeled, heck, you pretty much have to fly them by the numbers if you want any hope of successfully landing it. Pretty challenging, who needs that?

LOL :ernae:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'll hold off buying till that E767 AWACS is available.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

VFR Reviews
    Still looks like a great plane- They must be pretty confident, cause they're making a ton of expansions, like the famous C-130 had.

People can say what they want, But Captain Sim makes some really attention to detail products, I know that their customer support has a lot to be desired BUT Damn they got products that are as real as it gets.IMHO

Bill

VFR Reviews
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    I know that their customer support has a lot to be desired BUT Damn they got products that are as real as it gets.IMHO
    As real as it gets... like VNAV that makes your plane climb to 30,000 feet at 3000 FPM randomly during your descent. No other plane I have that has VNAV does that... (PMDG 747, MD-11, 737, LDS767, Super 80 Pro) :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    yawn.................another stinkin' 767.................
    Fixed.

Well, the model is quite old now, and I've heard the 767 shares a lot of systems with the 757. I think this was actually a good decision, since they had a lot of the components ready to go. Plus, you don't see Level D producing an E767 or a KC767 do you?

VFR Reviews
    Good point An-225 :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by An-225 View Post
    Well, the model is quite old now, and I've heard the 767 shares a lot of systems with the 757. I think this was actually a good decision, since they had a lot of the components ready to go. Plus, you don't see Level D producing an E767 or a KC767 do you?
    I'd rather have one model fully accurate and working correctly than a bunch of models that are just OK. It would take something insanely good to defeat the legend that is the Level-D 767. I don't think Captain Sim is up to that level yet.

This isn't blatant CS bashing either. The VC looks stunning. I love their C-130 too and would recommend it to anyone. For a plane like this though, systems modeling and accuracy is far more important to me. Not to mention the CS one suffers from lower FPS.

As I said on Avsim, if someone can show me that it gets better FPS than the 757 and their VNAV was fixed, I'd consider buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    As real as it gets... like VNAV that makes your plane climb to 30,000 feet at 3000 FPM randomly during your descent. No other plane I have that has VNAV does that... (PMDG 747, MD-11, 737, LDS767, Super 80 Pro) :ernae:
    I never had any issues wit CS's Box. VNAV works perfectly for me every time. Of my my friends who was a 767/757 FO(now a 737-800 Captain) ran this Model and Box and was impressed. You have to punch the perfs in each stage correctly to get the Box to fly the right way in each stage of flight. Just like the real plane, errors cause the automation to do things that aren't in profile.

Well, the model is quite old now, and I've heard the 767 shares a lot of systems with the 757
    On the real birds, the checkout is good(cross over) for both types.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    I never had any issues wit CS's Box. VNAV works perfectly for me every time. Of my my friends who was a 767/757 FO(now a 737-800 Captain) ran this Model and Box and was impressed. You have to punch the perfs in each stage correctly to get the Box to fly the right way in each stage of flight. Just like the real plane, errors cause the automation to do things that aren't in profile.
    It seems to be random, that is the odd part. Some users experience the VNAV issues, others don't. All I know is that it never screws up like that in those planes I listed. I'll have to do some more flying with it to try to figure out what is causing the VNAV errors. It's just painful getting 20 FPS with that when I can be getting 35 with the MD-11, 767, and super 80 pro...

What I had to do to get optimum FPS was to tweak my card settings to see what worked best. I have managed to get target FPS most if not all the time with CS products.

Regarding the FMS issues, it is hard to say why bugs appear with some users and not others. Some of it may be user errors in entering data or missing needed data(skipping steps). Some of these FMS's have limiter parameters in them meaning that whether there is incorrect data entered or for any reason you're out of profile then it might do something unexpected or off the norm. It is surprising how accurate some of these things can be in FS replicating bugs that exist in the real aircraft. As my friends who fly these "Automatic Wonders" tell me, the technology is just good enough to get you into real trouble!
    "Soon to be Expat"

I have the CS 757 and I have gotten alot of enjoyment out of it , I don't think that the 767 is such a big deal. Just a new outer shell is all.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

I have to agree Scratch, I love that model. I guess it is a matter of preference on what tube to get if you don't already have the 757. Personally I love the real 757's lines over the 767 but when I have flown on long trips, I prefer to wider body of the 767. It also seemed to buck turbulence a lot better being heavier.
    "Soon to be Expat"