The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released!
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released!

The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPafNtGvNo[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]v=mrPafNtGvNo [/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPafNtGvNo

(cant seem to get the embed function for YouTube to work, mods could you have look at that please?)

<o></o>
    The team over at Aussiex would like to introduce you to our latest freeware project - The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux.

The Grumman Goose first took to the skies in 1936 during the golden years of aviation and was immortalised in the TV series "Tales of the Gold Monkey". Within the sim fraternity there have been a number of addon versions of this classic aeroplane and Microsoft's rendition of this rare and famous aircraft leapt into our simulated skies towards the end of 2006 with the release of the final version of their long running simulator series - FSX.
    <o></o>
    The Grumman Goose itself is extremely rare with only 345 airframes produced. There are approximately 60 remaining in service throughout the world today and the number of pilots with endorsements on this type are few and far between. We have been lucky enough to have access to a pilot who has flown the Goose and has been able to assist with our remodelling of the aircraft's performance files.
    The Goose has proven extremely versatile and has seen operational service as a freighter, passenger transport, military transport and even as a flying yacht installed with bars and toilets. It has held roles with Army, Airforce, Navy, Coastguard and has served around the far flung, four corners of the world.
    <o></o>
    Microsoft's model of the G21A Grumman Goose has been a sleeper; well received in certain quarters but providing generally ho-hum graphics and flight model. It had a bland interior and was crying out for some high quality paints. When the team at AussieX started investigating this aircraft for our HD Redux treatment it was also discovered that the performance files for this bird were derived from an assortment of different Goose models; a lot of fine tuning was going to be required to get this bird to behave as close to the real life aircraft as possible.
    <o></o>
    We think we have succeeded with this ambitious tasking. We offer two different models of the Goose - the original model with 450hp Pratt & Whitney radials and an uprated version dubbed the 'HP' (High Performance) with more powerful 650hp engines. Both models have had significant performance tweaking to make them behave as much as possible like their real life counterparts. In addition to this remodelling of the flight characteristics we have overhauled the interior of the aircraft with high resolution virtual cockpits. Engine gauges have been recalibrated for both engine models of our Goose and there are a number of different virtual cockpits available in our aircraft.
    <o></o>
    Finally we have provided six high-definition paint schemes for this aircraft in both 450hp and HP-650hp versions. These 4096 pixel textures include every rivet, screw, dent and panel-line hand placed on normal, specular and diffusion texture maps. What this means for you the pilot is a gorgeous rendition of the metal framed G21 Goose just waiting to grace your monitor with realism and authenticity.
    <o></o>
    Please take the time to download our freeware update to this rare and beautiful aircraft and let us know how much you enjoy her by posting your screenshots and stories over at Aussiex.
    <o></o>
    Download from this link http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?a...s&showfile=633
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

this is a whole a plane right, or is this a update to the stock goose?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Downloading now and thanks to all involved
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

StickMan
    Thanks, I will much enjoy this. Screams for sceenshots!

Charter Member 2011
    downloading now

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    The Grumman Goose itself is extremely rare with only 345 airframes produced.
    i've always thought that they made it into the thousends production wise :isadizzy:
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

downloading now....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It is an update to the default Goose mate, but please download it, you will be surprised, I promise

Surprised? You'll be thrilled!
    Wow, Jay, great job!

here's what I'm working on:

talk about coincidence...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

JayKae, you guys are a HUGE asset to our community. This is a very well appreciated gift. Thank you very much:ernae:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

CP68

Great job guys!

A killer this repaint...

Thanks!

Connie

Outstanding!!!! Thank you!

NC

Thank you so much folks. She's beautiful!

Already in the air and plotting out a return trip down through the islands over the holiday weekend.

FAC

It is not just one repaint guys, make sure that you tick "all versions" and also check out the overhaul on the VC that has been done and last but not least the FM

Thank you all for the more than kind words but play around with them and let us know what you think of it all please

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Goodness!!!

This is awesome!!!

I thought it was another month out from release.

Many thanks OzX Team!

:ernae: :ernae:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

StickMan
    Thanks again everyone at OZx!

Charter Member 09
    Nice looking repaint. Although it's too bad they don't make them as they were originally built. The Grumman Goose never had retractible floats and PBYs were not constructed with their nose bobbed.
    The airplanes lose their character.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Great job!! Thank you masters!
    Anneke

:ernae: Beautiful work

Just a small note when I turn the landing light off all the lights go out

I know, I know, don't turn them off

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Surprised? You'll be thrilled!
    Wow, Jay, great job

here's what I'm working on:

talk about coincidence...

Hey jankess

N79901 is one of my 3 repaints in this package,id seen the Consolidated PBY Catalina Alaska Costal Ellis Airlines pop up a few time while i was doing some background on the goose from there fleet,i had filed it away as something to work on once i returned to FSX (taking atleast a 6 month hiatus from all things Simming/gaming atm)but now it looks like i wont have to hehe,i look forward to checking it out on my return to simming

Thanks for all the kind words on the goose package guys,there were a few bumps on the road to getting her done & out (my kidney stones added atleast a months delay)but im happy to see her finally in the hands of ppl other than the dev team and beta testers

Enjoy
    Steve Aka Gizmo

Bumps and wrinkles that bring tears to your eyes.

Just really well done IMO.

Thanks again!

FAC

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    Did I say WOW

Fantastic Folks!

Thanks for all of the many hours to bring this to the Sim Community!!!!

Rick
    Tampa,Fl

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks

I'm downloading now...Off to Tongass fjords! Thanks for a great contribution to our hobby...

Steve in Kansas
    US Army Medical Department
    Retired Lieutenant Colonel

Here are a few in Tampa Bay...

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"