The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released!

Not only great paint (internally and externally) and bumps but a great FM too (well done Pam ). It flies much better now, sits in the water better (I love those new water effects) and doesn't stand on it's nose if you so much as breathe on the brakes at taxi speed. Bravo!
    Larry

Blog Entries
    ::chuckles:: Tako, you were in my mind. I was and am real curious to see how others like the flight model..
    Thank you for the woderfully kind words .. definately made this stormy oregon day a whole lot brighter..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Jankees...
    I love your PBY. may i get a copy of that livery when your finished??

For the hi-res textures you need to set 4096 in the fsx.cfg right? And it will revert back to 1024 as soon as you change any setting in-game correct?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Nice looking repaint. Although it's too bad they don't make them as they were originally built. The Grumman Goose never had retractible floats and PBYs were not constructed with their nose bobbed.
    The airplanes lose their character.
    True, and rottweilers aren't born with their tails and ears snipped! I imagine Microsoft was going for a representation of a Goose you'll commonly find today, as many of them have had their floats modified into retractable ones.

Outstanding images and video!!Downloading now:ernae:
    Thanks for your hard work.

Its really nice, a few issues, not sure if its on my end or what....

The wheel animation texture results in these little white spots on the inner wheel well side

Also, the NAV lights are swapped, I believe green should be on the right wing and red on the left (unless you intended to make them alternate)

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

incredible!!

great frame rates too

I also am a big fan of the new wake effects, the stressed alum. skin, the new VC textures, and especially the new Flight Models

What a package - a tour de force upgrade of the default Goose! :ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:: ernae::ernae:
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Outstanding! The FM is definately more realistic! Good work Pam and all the others who contributed to this excellent package! :ernae:

The Goose in combination with Tongass and FTX Australia will make for some great screenies! I'll post a few when I get a chance... Again, thanks to all at OZx for this superb add-on! :ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Alas, my DL timed out at 95% after almost 6 hours.

This trend for larger DL files in FS is not helping those of us in (IT terms, anyway) third world countries. I might have another go in a few weeks, when all you fast guys have got it.

Calypsos, when I get home tonight, I will load the file in a seperate location and only supply the link to it to you and you only ok? Sorry you timed out mate
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Had another flight, I love the details in the cockpit, like the printed curtains, and the new watereffects (can we use those on the Catalina???) and the quality in general.
    I have the wheel effect as well, and when in the VC, the engine sounds do not change when throttling back. Is that just me, or is this the case with others too?

now I'm torn between flying the Cat and the Goose in Tongass....

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Jankees...
    I love your PBY. may i get a copy of that livery when your finished??

but of course you can! Still a few days more work though...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you all for the glowing comments
    We (the OZx Team) are thrilled to bits that the Goose has got such a warm welcome and we hope you all have a lot of pleasure flying it

Please let us know of any anomalies/glitches that you may encounter so we can improve the package.

@jankees,
    The sound anomally is at first once you have throttled up and down it works OK, we turned the thing upside down to figure out what was causing this but with our limited knowledge of the soundfiles we couldn't figure it out, so if someone has more indepth knowledge of the sound things in fsX we gladly like pick his/her brains on this.

@other comments,
    We noted the little annoyances and are working on those to get them resolved asap, so once those are done we will a. release a lil SP for the people that allready have it and b. redo the main file so all "problems" are resolved :d

with kind regards,
    Wolter
    :ernae:

I downloaded 73.7 MB and then got disconnected, can't get back on the server. Dialup misery. Guess I'll wait or maybe try a net cafe. Hope server doesn't melt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

wilycoyote4,

Sorry to hear of your d/l woes
    I'll pm you a directlink and maybe if you use a d/l proggy like stardownloader (look for the 1.45 free version ) you can resume your d/l when it gets timed out

This is so sweeeet! Such a fun aircraft to fly, and texture makeover really makes the difference. The amount of detail is jaw dropping. Thank for your hard work everyone involved bringing us this beauty. Flight model is also great.

No server is not melting down Do you want a seperate link as well mate for your dialup woes?

Charter Member 2015
    Outstanding OZx!

SOH-CM-2023
    Spectacular. Beautiful paints. Thanks to all the team.

The right prop seems to wobble a bit. Most noticeable inside cockpit and in some planes more than others.

D/L it and installed went to fly it and the engines won't stay running at idle?? any ideas.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    D/L it and installed went to fly it and the engines won't stay running at idle?? any ideas.
    I believe that's by design. You need to keep just a bit of positive throttle to keem em' running. Supposed to mimmic real life charachteristics of the P&W engines.

HAPPY 4th!!! :USA-flag:
    Cheers,
    Dave

That is correct Dave, thank you for answering that question before I got to it

Indeed my American brothers and sisters, Happy July 4th!!

Hey all

For those that have brought up the wheel motion/texture issue this is a know problem and arises because for some bizzard reason (bizzard because theres so much wasted UV space on the other texture sheets) the UV mapping for the inside of the tire shares the same texture space with the inside of the front necell housing so basically it was a trade off...either missmatched necell textures in the VC which really stood out for any one using headtracking or missmatch on the inside of the tire on take off landing for a few seconds,i chose the VC over the exterior as i thought more ppl would be in the VC for land based take off/landing

i'll throw up some pic's that hi-light the UV clashing once i get chance to rig up my SATA drive that have all the dev doc on they got pulled an stored after i broke up my gaming/deving rig

Laters
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Spectacular. Beautiful paints. Thanks to all the team.

The right prop seems to wobble a bit. Most noticeable inside cockpit and in some planes more than others.
    Again sorry to say this is an Aces problem with there miss alignment of the props UV map & as both props share the same UV map it was either one or both that had a bit of wobble,btw if you want to use the default aces prop texture that dont show this problem as much just remove or rename the Prop_Goose.dds from each of the Ozx texture folders and the schemes will fallback to using the default textures

Maybe i should have added a know issue section to the PDF to document all the stuff that needed to be fixed but was out of our hands...oh well not to worry

Enjoy
    Steve