The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The OZX Grumman Goose HD Redux Now Released!

Thanks a bunch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never too late to do that anyway Steve, we can do that at a later stage
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Downloading now! Those screenshots here are mouthwatering! Thanks a zillion!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you vary much for all your effort and had work, we are not worthy of this gift, Thank again Guys and Pam, great flight model!!!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Pam, Steven and Butch thank you very much for the gift of your stunning work and talent.

I only flew the Goose once before and didn't really dig it but now...well, it's a whole different thing now. I'll be flying this quite a bit.

Thanks again,
    Rob

This Goose is fantastic,the detail is amazing,right down to the spark plug wires on the engines,but framerate is as good as the default. Thanks guys :ernae:

BananaBob

This is truly a great looking bird. Thank you so much for sharing your work. It's most appreciated. Sadly though, I have severe sound difficulties. Already mentioned previously in this thread I think.

When I start the engines, from inside, the sound is IMMEDIATELY that of high revving engines. Often , this is also true of outside sounds too. As mentioned previously, if I go to full throttle for a few seconds, then sometimes, the sound corrects itself - but only sometimes. Obviously, this is not good.... suppose I'm not ready to takeoff for example?

Even if, after a while things go back to normal, it's then again, only a short time before this starts again.

I so much want to spend time with this. Is it worth me swapping sounds with another aircraft, or anything else?

Many thanks
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

BananaBob, really amazing screenshots! The best I've seen in quite a while!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm lost in the Caribbean and won't be back for many a day......
    FAC

Is anyone else experiencing the sound issues I mention above?
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Yes, I'm having the same sound problems, Dougal. I've tried switching between the original and the new sound.cfg files, but nothing helps. I'll have to do some more research and testing to see if it can be ironed out.

Hi Bill

I've only just realised I have the same issue in the default Goose - I didn't know!!! Shows how often i fly that birdie eh?

Wow you guys can really grab some fantastic screenshots!

Its funny that durning the WIP stage i got a strange e-mail acussing us of Photoshopping the screenshots to make them look better than they really were and basically say we were full of it! yes sad but true.....Im so glad to see you guys have surpassed our WIP/pimp shots and that your enjoying the package

Sorry to say we didnt get around to touching any of the sounds in anyway,but im sure if anyone out there can get around to fixing the problems with it the team would love to hear from you so the issues could maybe get sorted and a patch worked up for everyone?

Cheers
    steve

Gents, the solution to the sound issue was right here under our noses. Check out this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hread.php?t=79 -- it's just a matter of a super-simple sound.cfg tweak, and you're good to go!

Thanks again to the OZx team for rejuvenating such a fine bird and making it tons better.

Nice one Bill:ernae:

Thanks for you detective work bill i'll pass this on to the rest of the guys & thx for thx

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    Gents, the solution to the sound issue was right here under our noses. Check out this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hread.php?t=79 -- it's just a matter of a super-simple sound.cfg tweak, and you're good to go!

Thanks again to the OZx team for rejuvenating such a fine bird and making it tons better.
    I've applied that tweak and it works, but everytime I go into vc from spot I hear the cabin water effect until I reduce throttle to zero then back up again and it goes. Anyone got an idea on that one?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work, the "new" Goose is just fantastic. I can actually taxi her up and down a ramp now to get in the water:ernae: and the new paints are beyond words.

Haven't by any chance thought of doing a Redux on the stock DC-3 have you. If not a graphical redo maybe we can talk Pam into at least tweaking the fm.

May have to cosmoline my Gooney for awhile as between this and the Aerosoft Catalina I'm moving my ops to the islands of Greece, the Carib, and ..........

Al

The graphics side of things is really nice!

And the flight model is MUCH better! However, I'm having a few issues after about 2 hours of flying/testing.

1) Roll authority seems too low based on real Grumman Goose videos.
    2) Above about 160 mph, the propeller gauge shows the props overspeed and go far beyond redline, and the props will not respond to any control input until you slow down again.
    3) I assume this is a transfered issue from MS. Even with the sound fix posted here, I still get the same problem with the mid range sounds playing continuously in the background inside the VC. The sound in this thing (from Microsoft's doing, that is) seems really buggy...
    4) Probably the biggest issue: I cannot fly the missions anymore because when cargo is loaded, it must be defaulting to a very far forward CG. Even with FULL aft trim, I need LOTS of backpressure just to hold level flight. Also, the water run is about 5 times longer than it used to be (again, just when cargo is loaded in a mission).

All in all, there are elements that are much improved in the FM, but it seems there are also elements that make it less flyable than it used to be. Anyone else have these issues too?

Sorry, dont mean to only say negative things. I still cant get over how much better the plane looks with a high res makeover! Very nice!
    Archer Pilot

Certified Flight Instructor
    ASEL/MEL

First off.. B E A U T I F U L work !! :ernae:

Now the picky stuff.. and it quite possibly could be my install method .. (I installed it to a temp location, and then moved it all in carefully)..

As a fellow freeware designer, I don't feel bad posting things like this... they're things I'd want posted... and as a real-world pilot.. I approach all my sim flights as though they were real..

That said.. I didn't get very far. I'll assume you researched empty/max weights (even though they don't correspond to anything I've found.. but they're close).. That aside.. the payload screen makes no sense..So I ventured into the cfg file. I found that many of the stations lines start with the cfg file equivelant of a REM ( "//" ) .. which makes that line nothing but a remark.

Will simply editing out those "//" leave me with what was intended ?

I'll report back.. I won't turn the prop on a plane until I'm comfy with how it's loaded..

Hi Guys,

First of all many thanks for your kind words and screenshots. Pam, Steve and myself had a great time putting the Goose together and its very rewarding to see you guys enjoying it.

As Steve has mentioned, we didn't touch any of the sound files so if there are issues there I can only blame MS!

There was a comment about the props overspeeding...

The flight model and virtually every parameter in the Aircraft.cfg was altered to some extent. This is true for the engine and prop section. The installer is designed to update all these figures so the engines perform as intended. If you manually install the package there is a chance some of these figures could be missed and you'll get some strange performance issues such as prop overspeed.

I am working on an update for the [lights] section to add shockwave lights apart from what A2A has done. The Goose looks even better with these on... visions of strong lights fighting off the fog in some distant fiord as you land.

Cheers
    Butch

WIP - I'll post the config once I am finished.

I don't think a manual install would cause my issues.. It's just a cfg file text issue. I could be wrong.. Has anyone else seen this ?

The weights are off too (empty and max).. and the fuel tanks are 170 gal each.. I'm pretty sure the max fuel load was 220 gallons (110 each ), and a max range of aprox. 650nm..

I'm re-working the weight staions.. and descriptions (ala listing them in thier own paragraph).. and I'm changing the fuel tanks.. I'll change the weights too, and see if that makes it pilot-loadable from the 'Fuel and Payload' screen.. and report back..

Brett,

I have the same 'slashed out' weights section too. There are no values for positioning the passenger seats, and the names of the stations have changed from default, so thats probably why the plane no longer works properly for any of the missions. I notice the same about the fuel tanks and max weight. Shouldnt max gross weight for a goose be about 1200 pounds higher so its around 8100 lbs (depending on model)?

Butch,

I used the installer. I'm noticing the same issues as here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=19064
    Archer Pilot

Certified Flight Instructor
    ASEL/MEL

@ Brett - if you have documentation that would corroborate the figures your suggesting we can look into it.

Cheers,
    Butch