ASUS Repair

Thread: ASUS Repair

Blog Entries

ASUS Repair

My new monitor went out at 91 days, so I called ASUS USA, and got a RMA #,
    I took the time to carefully repack it just like it came with the protective plastic and cloth pillow case which came on it.
    It cost me $40 bucks to send it to them.
    Well day 16 and it arrived back, same unit.
    When I opened the box there it was jammed into it, with no protection and the base plate jammed rubbing on the screen.
    The screen is totally shot.

I called them and they ask for pictures, well i sent them in and they told as soon as they get it back, they would send another used unit to me.

This is bullcrap, My monitor was like new and they screed it up, now I have to go without a monitor for another 16+ days. Than I get a used piece of crap back.

ASUS You suck.
    Look What I Have Become!

I sure am sorry you had such problems, and I hope you are able to get things resolved.

But if nothing else, I have learned NOT to buy from that company!!

NC

It's not just ASUS... I had a viewsonic 19" tube that went out before the warranty was up. Paid $50 shipping I think, carefully packed it up in all the original packaging to sent it back.

They fixed it and even updated the firmware, but the packaging they sent it back to me in was severely inadequate. Fortunately, it survived the trip somehow and lasted many more years. You'd think these companies servicing departments would get a clue on how to ship these things, especially when we deliver all the necessary packing materials to them with the monitor.

Retired SOH Administrator
    There a way around all of this, and make Asus eat there own poo poo. Buy another band new one from Newegg or Amazon, take the old monitor broken piece of crap and put it in the new box, send it back and tell them the boxed new monitor they sent you was in a open box and the monitor was used. There is no way they can prove other wise. They will either write it off or send it back to Asus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    now they want me to send it back at my expence, another $40 dollars, this is too much to have to pay for their damm mastake.
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    I already paid to ship it with insurance, where is my insurance ASUS?

You all bought this monitor for me,
    Here is the rma # ASUS Service No=407214; Rma No=USA1970054
    I wish you all would send them an email and give them hell, and a link to this post.
    Elijah_Alexander@asus.com

At this point they can kiss my A$$

NOTE: Your product returns to our California facility. Please see shipping address listed at bottom of this email. Sending your product to the wrong RMA center will delay processing of your RMA.

**** Please read ENTIRE contents of this email before shipping your product back to ASUS**

Your RMA# is USA1970054.

o RMA# is valid for 30 days from issued date.
    - RMA# must be written on the outside box or will be rejected
    - RMA process is approximately 10 business days (excludes ALL holidays, weekends, and transit time)
    - Customers are responsible for one-way shipping
    - ASUS standard shipping method is FedEx Ground
    - Automated email notifications are sent when your RMA has shipped. Please be sure to check spam folders / filters
    - Status Checks: http://livesupport.asus.com or 510-739-3777 or 812-282-2787 Option 2
    - ASUS - USA is a warranty repair service center. Please contact place of purchase for credit, refunds, upgrades / model changes, or new retail box replacement. ASUS does not provide these services under any circumstances

o You must verify the serial # you have provided for your RMA is on the actual product itself
    - If different, please contact customer service immediately and have RMA update with the correct information
    - If serial # has a discrepancy this will cause processing delays & longer turn-around-time
    - If you are unable to find the serial # on the actual product, your product manufacturers warranty is VOID. Please see http://support.asus.com for more detail on your warranty. This includes altered serial #.

o Do not include any accessories, including but not limited to and will not be returned / replaced. Customers will be responsible for shipping fee if they are requesting items to be returned.
    - user manuals, software, I/O shields, retention mechanisms / brackets, or original box
    - Non-ASUS products: CPU, memory, after-market heat sink / fans

o Exceptions:
    - VGA Cards must be returned with the original ASUS heat sink otherwise will be considered physical damage
    - P5Q series motherboards must include the original CPU socket cover or covering to protect the pins during transit

o Include a brief description of problem & any troubleshooting / testing steps you may have tried.

o Physical damage is not covered under your ASUS manufacturers warranty and automatically VOIDS your warranty. ASUS reserves the right to reject any product received with physical damage.
    - Damage can include any shape or form of corner / edge damage / markings with pens and/or markers
    - Broken traces or burns due to improper installation / removal of other components
    - Broken CPU socket or bent pins

o Packaging / Shipping Information:
    - 2 inches of padding around product itself (examples: popcorn, bubble wrap, foam)
    - Must be packaged in a box
    - Envelopes will be rejected

RMA SHIPPING ADDRESS:
    ASUS Technology Services
    Attn: RMA Dept, RMA #_____________
    800 Corporate Way
    Fremont, CA 94539

Thank you,

ASUS Customer Service Team
    812-282-2787 or 510-739-3777

Customer Service: Option 2
    Technical Support: Option 3
    Look What I Have Become!

harleyman
    Well that really bites........

Blog Entries
    without your help my public relations campaign will fail.
    Email Elijah_Alexander@asus.com
    with this RMA# USA1970054

tell them what you think.
    Look What I Have Become!

Retired SOH Administrator
    Sent email to Elijah Alexander:

RE: ASUS Service No=407214; Rma No=USA1970054

Dear Mr. Elijah Alexander,

This letter is in behalf of the Sim-Outhouse.com (SOH forum). We, (as a group) purchased a computer and monitor about 3 months ago, for Ron Larson (our server manager). The said monitor died (stopped functioning, will not turn on) on day 91. Mr Larson, called ASUS, got an RMA #, took time to carefully repack it, just like it came with the protective plastic and cloth pillow case which came on it. It cost him $40 bucks to send it to ASUS, plus insurance.

Well day 16 and it arrived back, same unit. When he opened the box there the monitor was jammed into it, with no protection and the base plate jammed rubbing on the screen. The screen is totally shot (scraped, the face totally scarred) from mispacking (mishandling) from your service department!

He called ASUS and they ask for pictures, well he sent them in and they told as soon as they get it back, they would send another used unit to him. His monitor was like brand new and ASUS damaged it (mishandling by ASUS service department), now he have to go without a monitor for another 16+ days; Then he gets a used monitor back?

Mr. Elijah Alexander, Where is the INSPIRING INNOVATIONS. PERSISTENT PERFECTION be seen in this scenario. Your staff, has caused the monitor to be physically scrapped and damaged by not carefully repacking the said unit. Give MR. Ron Larson and all of the SOH's members, who purchased this said monitor for him, justice by returning a NEW Monitor!

Respectfully yours,

(Real name and contact information removed)
    One of the many members of SOH

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sandar
    I have to say that when my monitor went psychedelic (two colours, lime green and pale purple) while still under warranty, I took it back to the family owned shop where I bought it where it was tested and confimed that it was dead. I was given a number to ring (freephone) and a customer reference number. It was arranged that I would receive a new monitor, to be delivered to my door and the old monitor taken away.

Two days later I took delivery of my replacement monitor, which has worked perfectly ever since. I can't fault service like that.

Blog Entries
    well its been just 27 hours and it now is doing the same thing it did when i sent it in the first time. the menu keeps poping up in my face and wont go away, I cannot do anything with it, the buttons dont work.
    ASUS calls this professional repair.
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    I just emailed them this:

now the damm thing is doing what it did when I first sent it in.
    I demand your supervisor to call me.
    Ron 727-xxx-xxxx

I want a new monitor on my door step before I return this garbage.

I sure wish you all would email them too
    Look What I Have Become!

poet,traveler
    The message I sent,see the last line.

Dear Mr. Elijah Alexander,

This letter is in behalf of the Sim-Outhouse.com (SOH forum). We, (as a group) purchased a computer and monitor about 3 months ago, for Ron Larson (our server manager). The said monitor died (stopped functioning, will not turn on) on day 91. Mr Larson, called ASUS, got an RMA #, took time to carefully repack it, just like it came with the protective plastic and cloth pillow case which came on it. It cost him $40 bucks to send it to ASUS, plus insurance.

Well day 16 and it arrived back, same unit. When he opened the box there the monitor was jammed into it, with no protection and the base plate jammed rubbing on the screen. The screen is totally shot (scraped, the face totally scarred) from mispacking (mishandling) from your service department!

He called ASUS and they ask for pictures, well he sent them in and they told as soon as they get it back, they would send another used unit to him. His monitor was like brand new and ASUS damaged it (mishandling by ASUS service department), now he have to go without a monitor for another 16+ days; Then he gets a used monitor back?

Mr. Elijah Alexander, Where is the INSPIRING INNOVATIONS. PERSISTENT PERFECTION be seen in this scenario. Your staff, has caused the monitor to be physically scrapped and damaged by not carefully repacking the said unit. Give MR. Ron Larson and all of the SOH's members, who purchased this said monitor for him, justice by returning a NEW Monitor!

I can assure you that if this matter is not resolved quickly and professionally,That I will post the results of this matter to another forum that I moderate with a member base of 100,000+,that's a lot of negative publicity.I await your response.
    Of course I know what I'm doing,gee whiz......ouch,owwwww

Just sent an e-mail in regard to this matter:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mr. Elijah Alexander

I am contacting you on behalf of Ron Larson, the server manager for our flight sim forum. Earlier this year, the members of the forum got together and chipped in the funds to purchase a new computer system for Ron as a thank you for all the hours of hard work he puts into keeping the forum running smoothly.

Part of that new system was one of your monitors. On day 91, still well within the warranty period for that monitor, it failed. I do not know the specifics of the failure, but I do know that Ron contacted your company, was given an RMA number, packaged the monitor to the specifications given to him, paid to have the monitor shipped back to your company (with insurance).

When the monitor was returned to him, the packaging the monitor was in was very poorly done. The base plate for the monitor was pressed against the unprotected screen of the monitor, resulting in the screen being severely scratched and damaged. Ron contacted your company concerning this matter and was told that he needed to send photographs of the stated damage, which he did. He was given a second RMA number, instructed to ship the monitor back to the company (at his expense) and that a used monitor would be shipped out to him.

This is entirely unacceptable! The monitor we purchased for Ron was a new unit, not a used one. For your company to replace a monitor, purchased new and still under warranty, with a used unit is not how you win and keep customers. Sticking by the quality of your product and standing behind the warranty on that product is how a company retains a solid customer base.

We, as members of the forum, demand that you address this issue in the full and proper manner...replacing the 91 day old faulty monitor with a brand new monitor. Anything less than that will not suffice.

Be advised that this forum has members from around the world, and many of those members are also members of other forums. How your company fixes this problem will most likely be shared with other people looking to purchase new computer monitors. I am sure that you realize the potential impact of having world-wide negative feedback on the quality of your product and the quality of your customer service and warranty service will have on corporate sales. I am sure you would rather avoid having the ASUS brand of monitors lableled as a "stay-away-from" product.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am particularly proud of the last paragraph. Any corporate who who knows the power of peer recommendations, especially when it comes to computer related hardware. Having world-wide negative feedback on a product line can really knock the socks off a sales chart. And they know this...I just wantrd them to know that we know it as well.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0