Mig 21 F-13 by Jan Moravec
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mig 21 F-13 by Jan Moravec

Mig 21 F-13 by Jan Moravec

for both fs2004 and FSX is here: http://www.flightsim.cz/index.php?lan=1

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Oooooh dloading now Thanks for the Heads up mate.

Steve

A single seater with a VC at long last :ernae:
    cheers ian

いや~まいった!
    Let me say, this is the best MiG-21, payware or freeware, to be released yet, and it's something I've been dreaming for. The textures are beautiful, and it looks easy to paint, and the VC is fantastic. The model is great, with so many little details and eye-candies (even you can open the engine and pick your loadouts). It is too shiny though, but a quick fix with MDLMat makes it perfect for me.

It is a challenge to start and many systems are modelled. Great immersion here, you get a good look at how it is to fly a Fishbed.

This is a keeper for sure.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    A challange too start , it's definatly Homer proof cos I can't get it too fire up lol

Awesome! Will post some screenies later tonight ...

Mike

Having startup issues a s well, and I DID read the documentation...

Mike :isadizzy:

PHo17, thanks for the heads-up and Lazerbeak thanks for the quick description. Got it d/l'ing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Having startup issues a s well, and I DID read the documentation...Mike :isadizzy:
    Yep, same here. . .beautiful plane, terrific VC but no startee, lol. A few more times through the documentation and then. . ."file 13".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

http://img6.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=number1n.jpg

14 pics on how to start it up.

Just press what is outlined by the blue, and if there are other instructions, just follow them.
    Hope it helps.

-Alex

Thank you sir. . .I am flying.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Is there no manual to assist us?
    There is one in the download along with a written description by the author on starting the aircraft. Be that as it may, the link from VFR Alexander is much more simplistic and while I read the documents and looked over the screens of the cockpit with numbers in place to reference the descriptions, those simple screenshots quickly got the aircraft started and me in the air.

One minor criticism. . . I understand the need for realism, however I don't read or speak Russian. . .cockpit tooltips in English please.

The VC is a gem and if I understood Russian, moving around and getting acquainted with the dials and switches would be much more enjoyable. . .I'll deal with it. Sounds are great and the feel with trackIR is marvelous.

The aircraft seemed mushy to me however. On take off it had plenty of speed, but pulling up to a steep climb only made it feel like the tail section wanted to go back home, so a shallow take off seems to be the way to go until the airplane decides on it's own to climb a little more. The only time it felt like it wanted to stay airborne was if I was at full mil or AB. Especially on approach, it very much resembles the F-104 in that slower (normal) approach speeds were out of the question. . .stay on it until the wheels touch down, then drag chute and brakes and it stops relatively quickly. Landing speeds were above 200kias.
    Again, in the air, the airplane just seemed to want to wallow around rather than sit up and fly right, lol.

It'll take a bit to master the startup (love all the ground equipment, chocks, engine dolly, covers, etc.), but that'll come with practice and the things I found wrong with the FDE could simply be my lack of knowledge with the aircraft. At least I got it to start so it won't go in the trash just yet.

Current System Specs:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    A challange too start , it's definatly Homer proof cos I can't get it too fire up lol

Stallin cant start this mig??? Hummmmmmmmm, lets see if Castro can.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Having got it started, I'm not to keen on turning it off again. lol

Having got it started, I'm not to keen on turning it off again. lol
    I've owned a couple cars like that.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VFR Alexander View Post
    http://img6.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=number1n.jpg

14 pics on how to start it up.

Just press what is outlined by the blue, and if there are other instructions, just follow them.
    Hope it helps.

-Alex
    Большое спасибо (Spaseebo balshoye)
    :ernae:

いや~まいった!
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    The aircraft seemed mushy to me however. On take off it had plenty of speed, but pulling up to a steep climb only made it feel like the tail section wanted to go back home, so a shallow take off seems to be the way to go until the airplane decides on it's own to climb a little more. The only time it felt like it wanted to stay airborne was if I was at full mil or AB. Especially on approach, it very much resembles the F-104 in that slower (normal) approach speeds were out of the question. . .stay on it until the wheels touch down, then drag chute and brakes and it stops relatively quickly. Landing speeds were above 200kias.
    Again, in the air, the airplane just seemed to want to wallow around rather than sit up and fly right, lol.
    While I'm not at all an expert on flying MiG's, just going by what I've read, the flight model appears to me true to life. The MiG-21 was a fighter but was designed to excel as a high-speed interceptor. It had a fame for difficult control, and you really had to struggle to get it to "behave" due to a small delta-wing and oddly-designed fueltanks. Like you said, it was very much like the F-104. This is especially true in early models like this one.

Now again, this is just my observation based on my very (very) limited knowledge, so maybe I'm wrong.

Not A New Member
    If you just want to jump in and fly then remark out the following line from the panel.cfg:

gauge32=MiG21F13!Automat motoru, 0 , 0 , 10 , 10

This will stop the engine shutdown and the start procedure being defined by the gauge.

kurt

Thanks for the tip Kurt. I was going to ask if anyone knew how to get around the PHD level of knowledge needed to start this plane. Looks amazing. Would be a shame if it saw more use as a static display model than a flying model.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kurt190 View Post
    If you just want to jump in and fly then remark out the following line from the panel.cfg:

gauge32=MiG21F13!Automat motoru, 0 , 0 , 10 , 10

This will stop the engine shutdown and the start procedure being defined by the gauge.

kurt
    But where is the fun in that......... Give me hours and hours of head scratching any day lol
    Thanks for the tip. :isadizzy:

Many thanks for this tip kurt190!
    That really is a nice airplane

Wow !!!!
    Thanks for the Tip Gentlemen !!!

This "Dark Star" of the Six Day War is superb, for Fs9 and Freeware
    with a full VC.

and

the opportunities of repaints are .... "obvious" .... to say the least.

Well done FlightSim.Cz !

VaporZ

Here is a fine screenshot from "FSScreens.Cz"
    from Caslav Air Base at the end of the "sixties"

VaporZ

But where is the fun in that......... Give me hours and hours of head scratching any day lol
    Thanks for the tip. :isadizzy:
    Also, me thinks that if you comment that gauge out... it takes the pilot away. My copy doesn't have a driver in the seat.

Beautiful model and VC though, and a kick to fly!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 7