Mig 21 F-13 by Jan Moravec - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mig 21 F-13 by Jan Moravec

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Also, me thinks that if you comment that gauge out... it takes the pilot away. My copy doesn't have a driver in the seat.

Beautiful model and VC though, and a kick to fly!

BB686:USA-flag:
    Mine still has the pilot after removing the guage, just have to turn him on by playing with the switches

wowee, just taken her for a test flight, she's a 'little' beauty do we need a paintkit ya reckon Stalin?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    wowee, just taken her for a test flight, she's a 'little' beauty do we need a paintkit ya reckon Stalin?
    Haven't looked at how the textures are mapped yet but a paintkit wouldn't be too hard in theory just time consuming. I won't be starting on any new projects until after July 22nd. My first test flight fun but short, played lawn darts.

Steve

Also, for all those wondering, the pilot is the top left switch in the pop-up panel.

I think that this plne will easily become one of my most used quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt190 View Post
    If you just want to jump in and fly then remark out the following line from the panel.cfg:

gauge32=MiG21F13!Automat motoru, 0 , 0 , 10 , 10

This will stop the engine shutdown and the start procedure being defined by the gauge.

kurt
    Do you mean to delete the line comlpetely?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Do you mean to delete the line comlpetely?

Mike
    I just // it. //gauge32=MiG21F13!Automat motoru, 0 , 0 , 10 , 10

Steve

Works perfectly now Steve, now if only I could see an image from someone showing the button to make the pilot appear ...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Works perfectly now Steve, now if only I could see an image from someone showing the button to make the pilot appear ...

Mike
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3269/mig21.jpg

It is #3.

If you don't see that panel, click on #1 first, then #3.

Cheers Alex! Mike :ernae:

thedude247
    Got a quick question about the gauges, do you insert the gauges themselves into the main gauge folder, or the file that the gauges are in. You follow me, there really isn't a readme file to go by.

Still no joy on getting the popup panel to display the pilot option, but happy it flies now, and I have done some flying around the Czech airbase of LKPO Prerov.

Cheers! Mike

Flyboy...the popup panel is activated with the small switch behind the control stick....I have had to move the stick to the side to see it...

Anime Adoring Aviator
    I used Alex's screens to start up the first time. Ones you have started it a few times you will have memorised the sequence. The start up sequence adds to the realism.

A good Mig-21 was overdue for a long time but this one more then makes up for the wait. It is easier to fly then I expected. Just use a lot of trim and keep the airspeed up on approach.

There is another MiG 21 model on the website as well E-152M created in gmax, full animations, virtual cockpit. Author: Josef Čepek just one below the F13. looks like a 21 bis. only prob i got is i dont read Czech and thats all the manual is in.

Steve

For the F-13 model there are 2 html doc files in the Manuals folder in the zip file, manual_cz (in Czech) and manual_eng, in english, with links at the bottom of the page when opened about the model (eject, opening up for the engine, intake cone), panel (gauges photos and description), flying tips (start up etc)

This really is an awesome Jet! Thanks everyone who helped me and the rest with engine and pilot issues.

Some screenies from my flights tonight ...

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

8 more pics to follow ...

Hi flyboy208!
    I really like the lower left screen of your last serie, can you tell me which weather software you use?

Quote Originally Posted by gribouil View Post
    Hi flyboy208!
    I really like the lower left screen of your last serie, can you tell me which weather software you use?
    I have no weather addons, other than using Real Environment Pro (freeware)

http://www.flightsimworld.com/downlo...file/1375.html

And one of the weather themes "Golden Wings Ground Fog" from the Golden Wings enhancement for FS9 here :

http://www.goldenwings.info/

Also, would love to see a Polish AF livery for this MiG.

Cheers! Mike

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I would like to know how the drag chute is deployed?
    Also, I don't have a cradle underneath the tail section after using Shift+E+2.
    What's up with that? Did I install wrong?
    I did not drop the whole folder into Aircraft folder. Opened it up to get to the other files and dropped them where they go. Did I miss something?

Hey flyboy, this is a bit OT but in the background I noticed a gentleman slightly hidden by a tree and began wondering just what it was he got caught doing in this shot, lol, lol. Upon closer scrutiny though it appears his hands are actually on the handle of a lawnmower, lol. Phew!!

Back to topic, this is a great aircraft and even the startup sequence is getting easier now, really enjoying the ride.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteber View Post
    I would like to know how the drag chute is deployed?
    Also, I don't have a cradle underneath the tail section after using Shift+E+2.
    What's up with that? Did I install wrong?
    I did not drop the whole folder into Aircraft folder. Opened it up to get to the other files and dropped them where they go. Did I miss something?
    Tom, not sure about the drag chute although I believe it's activated somewhere in the upper left of the panel. As for the engine cradle, that along with the chocks, towbar, covers, etc are activated from the same panel you open to setup the external power cart. The switch to open it is slightly hidden by the stick.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Tom, not sure about the drag chute although I believe it's activated somewhere in the upper left of the panel. As for the engine cradle, that along with the chocks, towbar, covers, etc are activated from the same panel you open to setup the external power cart. The switch to open it is slightly hidden by the stick.
    Thanks Falcon, will give it a try. Gonna really have to learn Russian one of these days!

Many thanks for your reply Flyboy208!

Quote Originally Posted by VFR Alexander View Post
    http://img6.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=number1n.jpg

14 pics on how to start it up.

Just press what is outlined by the blue, and if there are other instructions, just follow them.
    Hope it helps.

-Alex

Awsome plane, a little wobbly in flight.......... the picture guide rreally helped

Members who have read this thread: 7