Off2

Thread: Off2

Off2

My final comments on OFF2. After three days and several messages from experts,advisors,people who do not know a darn thing about computers,and also folks from all over the globe. "I QUIT" is their not a simple person in this world that talks in dummy language. Some of use need details line by line. Good flying guys,guess I stick with Wings of War.... :costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

Polovski
    Monk, maybe if you said which bits you did not understand in the step-by-step I wrote.. is it finding the start button, or which part?? You want more detail, but we also need more detail!

You appreciate it's a large task for some to type every thing in such detail.

Do you understand how to use windows Explorer to browse files and folders for example? If you don't then you need someone to detail that - that in itself is an epic

As I say get someone you know to pop round to your house and help ?

It's very hard to second guess and it's very hard also to type 1000 of lines covering all aspects of PCs there are whole books on using PCs and Windows

We have no idea of which bits you need to know...
    for example
    Do you know how unzip?

Do you know how to copy that missing DLL to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder?
    That's the SysWOW64 folder found inside the Windows folder found inside C: drive

I wish I had a few hours to type complete step by step but you need someone to come round your place and help.. no family that can help ??

It's a simple process really. Give them the instructions I put in the other thread.

Thanks friend; I loaded OFF3 when to play it talked about DLL. this is my problem. What is the wording to register,I have DLL loaded in my download file,now what? to do HOW TO COPY INTO c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder? and how to register. I know almost too much that I get confused myself.A friend and myself built this Vista64 and it runs,problems are at times downloading and what file to put in and what nomancature to use. Thanks for being so calm in this storm,hope you are my wing man one day my friend:ernae:

77Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    HOW TO COPY INTO c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder? and how to register.
    Moving the dll file from your download location to the sysWOW64 folder is done with the basic Windows copy and paste functions.

Are you familiar with how to move files around in Windows?

not that well, I'm a self learner on the monster.

gimpyguy
    Have you read the STICKY about installing on Vista 64 #5, as an outsider to this type of action, it sounds like a usable hint

Winder
    Thanks friend; I loaded OFF3 when to play it talked about DLL. this is my problem. What is the wording to register,I have DLL loaded in my download file,now what? to do HOW TO COPY INTO c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder? and how to register. I know almost too much that I get confused myself.A friend and myself built this Vista64 and it runs,problems are at times downloading and what file to put in and what nomancature to use. Thanks for being so calm in this storm,hope you are my wing man one day my friend:ernae:
    Please remember that OFF P2 was designed and tested to only run on XP.

Whilst it is possible to get it to run on Vista as you see there are some manual interventions required which do require the user to have a bit of PC knowledge beyond the normal.

OFF P3, you will be pleased to hear, is fully compatible with XP and Vista in fact we have even fixed the Trackir Driver to work with OFF/CFS3 on Vista.
    OFF P3 requires no manual interventions to run on either OS you simply install and play..... it will be available soon.

HTH

WM

Catfish
    Hello Monk,

hold out, i am currently writing an eMail to you, but it is not easy to describe some things to someone who does not work with PCs at a regular basis.

Greetings,
    Catfish/Kai

Catfish
    Mail sent.
    Kai

Polovski
    Thanks Catfish, hopefully you can give Monk the detail on how to use copy and paste etc thanks - if it is a no go, then wait for Phase 3 Monk as Winder says. It's worth it Monk so keep going.

77Scout
    not that well, I'm a self learner on the monster.
    OK. Good to know. If you aren't up on copy/paste then yes, you really are at the low end of the learning curve on computers and will need some unusually detailed instructions. Hopefully Catfish's e-mail will guide you through. If not, you will probably want to get a computer-using friend or relative to help out.