Bad Model??

Thread: Bad Model??

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.

Bad Model??

I just installed the BIG E 42 Raids campaign and one aircraft that came with the campaign will not show up. Its the CV6_F4F3S_42. Any one else have a problem with this one? I think its a bad model. Its a product of the AF team I think. Has there ben a fix?

BLONDI:cost1:

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    If it's the .mdl; just rename a copy of the stocker or better yet, the OH wildcat F4F-3.

There are two F4Fs in that campaign (CV6_F4F3_42 and CV6_F4F3S_42), maybe the one not showing up is an AI plane only, the other being the player plane.

EDIT: just read the Read me.txt , that S in the name probably means:

Package Contains:
    [...]
    6 Aircraft, SBD, TBD Glide Bomber, TBD Level Bomber, F4F-3, Static Gear F4F-3, AF Arty Shell
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
    There are two F4Fs in that campaign (CV6_F4F3_42 and CV6_F4F3S_42), maybe the one not showing up is an AI plane only, the other being the player plane.

EDIT: just read the Read me.txt , that S in the name probably means:

An AI would not attempt to show up in freeflight like this one is. I see what you mean though. the S in the name probably stands for "STATIC GEAR"(I missed that part of the readme I guess)It obviously had some special purpose for the Campaign.Just what that is is not clear.Swapping out the MDL will not make it behave like it was intended to do.I wonder what "Static Gear" means?

Blondi, the only mission in the entire BIG E '42 Raids campaign series that uses this model is "CV6-FCR_02-45GSL.mis". Fly this mission as a single mission from your MISSIONS folder and learn more about the static gear Wildcat's purpose without having to fly the entire camp.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

My problem Bearcat is that the S aircraft will not load.The mission will not run.I'm going to try downloading the whole Campaign and get hopefully a plane which is not corrupted.[sorry my reply is so late . I've been gone for 5 days.

I have reinstalled the F4F3S from another source. It still does not work. I replaced it with another F4F3 and ended up with an F4F3 sitting in the middle of the flightdeck on its belly.Now I'm curious. just what is this Aircraft supposed to do?
    Does anyone have one that works that they can send me?

Hi Blondi,

The problem is in the "model.cfg" file. The name does not match the "MDL name"

Open the model.cfg file and with notepad and change

CV6_F4F3S_42
    to
    CV6_F4F3_42S

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Blondi,

The problem is in the "model.cfg" file. The name does not match the "MDL name"

Open the model.cfg file and with notepad and change

CV6_F4F3S_42
    to
    CV6_F4F3_42S

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Thank you B24 Guy. I shall do so.

What a hoot. One missplaced "S" and nothing works right. Actually if you look at all the files in this AC it is the MDL which is not right. The MDL cfg is OK. I Placed the S in the correct place in the MDL name[CV6_F4F3S_42] and everything worked great.So The "S" plane is supossed to take off in front of you and crash.Now I know.Actually I was more intriged with the concept of the F4F3 on its belly as if it had bellied in.Thank you everyone.Have a good one.

Members who have read this thread: 1